Hauling to Citadels is broken

The only citadels in HS worth visiting are ‘‘IChooseYou’’, rest assured haulers will never be denied access, that dude is legit as legit comes.

What? If a carrier loses my package they pay for it up to their agreed insurance. They work on the principle that for every scammer we’ll have 100k legit customers and they’ll happily leave packages available to theft on that principle as it makes them more money to lose to the odd theft or scammer. If you scam them once, they’ll pay out, twice you get flagged, 3rd you’ll get investigated, 4th your black listed & any more your door will fly off the hinges as the local P.D finish their investigation.

The reason hauling in EVE is unprofitable for most contracts in HS is due to botting, you can’t compete with a bot that hauls 23/7 for meagre profits.

I agree totally

I think they scamming has ruined space trucking entirely. I want to do it but the likleyhood of being scammed is too great. It could be a great career if it was made safe for haulers. Hell an Amazon rating system for contractors. Some assurance you can trust this, The delivery port that cant be denied access is also a great idea.

2 Likes

There was your first mistake. CCP doesn’t think. they do as their RMT carebear slum-lords tell them under threat of losing half the player base at Alex’s command.

1 Like

i’m a regular hauler and can say one thing: i never accept contract to citadel! why? a hauler win 1m per jump or little more, accepting one scam contract to citadel ruins a lot of effort and take some time to recover.
best thing haulers must do is stopping accept ALL these contract until a real change.
best option is to ask the issuer to redo the contract to the nearest NPC station OR be in the thrusted list of haulers channel, if none of this, train yourself freighter skill and move yourself your things!

4 Likes

Scamming should absolutely be part of the game, that’s what makes it interesting. On the other hand, there should be a way to avoid it. or else it’s just ridicioulus.

A courier contract issuer having closed down access for everyone but corp members? Well, shame on me for not checking if I had access, I deserve that.
But if I check if I have access, go to pickup station, accept the contract and haul the ■■■■ to it’s destination only to find my access had been revoked after taking the contract, then there is something wrong. Haulers already have to deal with suicide gankers in high sec, potential smartbombers in low/null sec as well as bubbles, but those can be avoided (unless the courier contract shows a route with only a single gateway to the destination, because then it’s almost guaranteed there will be smartbombers/bubbles in the way)

At the very least there should be a grace period of X hours so that you -can- possibly complete the contract if you checked beforehand that you have access before it can be revoked.

if you cannot dock at pickup or delivery, have a option in contract that checks that and completes contract with hauler keeping the shipment/reward and gets collateral back as the contract was delivered without problems.

Voila, sorted.

Currently structures take 1 week to decom. Setting a 1 week timer paired to the decom for revoking public access seems appropriate.

Have a warning dialog to station owner when they set public access:
Public access takes 7 days to revoke, do you wish to continue?
[No] — [Confirm Public Access]
Station owner makes commitment based on an informed decision same as anchoring structure.

As Public access was granted revocation needs to be announced to the Public via visible timer displayed on the structure for any to see.

Leave the scammers in Jita

I also fell for the access denied courier trap. Of course, when I try to set up a subcontracting, the Destination is not selectable in any list. So the contract originator could simply create one and and then after revoking access, the destination is hidden. This is absurd, as if my home address has become invalid or expurgated on any directory. The citadel scams are really hard to comprehend for beginners as one would simply not expect such a dumb con to work by game mechanics to begin with. But no, CCP thought that scamming rights stand above any sensible game logic/mechanics. What’s next? Create contracts that fail right at accepting them because the terms of the contract can never be fulfilled? I feel cheated out of my collateral because the mechanics are broken, in ways so unlogical than should be actually possible. These are artificial stepstones that CCP promote just for scammers. CCP should take a balanced approach to regain trust themselves with us and all those citadel owners that truely need hauling services. CCP how about introducing fake ISK next season, you know ISK that need blockchain support to be proven legit? You get the idea, some things should never be introduced in online games or the complexities will start callapsing onto themselves. The malpractice of denying access right away for couriers that should be given VIP access is one such thing. And if you do not think so, then at least introduce a court martial system to convict scammers if they stay in high sec after some arbitrary timer.

The irony :explodyparrot:

Why should someone making a courier contract to my citadel allow them to let others into my private structure? You can’t just expect the fact you are carrying a package for someone to allow you to barge in on my private property.

But take heart, CCP said they are working on adding a ‘dropbox’ outside Upwell structures so you can drop off packages when you are not wanted in a particular station:

There are already many such “court martial” systems in the game - blasters, lasers, and missiles come to mind. If you don’t like how a particular business deal of yours went down, fit up a ship, or better yet gather some friends and fit up many ships, and go get your satisfaction.

This already exists. You can call upon the court of the Crime and Punishment forum. However, be warned that there are many veteran EVE players on the court and they do not look kindly on simple rabble-rousing. Be prepared to make your case in a formal and dignified manner and back it up with solid evidence.

Or you could go the mercenary way and have the offending citadel torched.

As much as I like a good scam those “access denied” scams are lame and hurt an other profession (haulers) too much. A lot of other scams like ISK doubling, hanger sellouts and fake “to good to be true” buyorders/contracts are fine as they only feed on stupidity.

If you want to scam haulers just shot them for insane collateral they were stupid enough to accept, but that “you can’t dock hurr, hurr” trick schould better be removed.

The funny thing is, CCP did not introduce this feature with citadels. All they did, was merely export one of the features from null sec that made null sec such a vibrant and active place for haulers: the ability to deny docking rights for outposts to anyone who wants to deliver something there. This feature made it so that tons of haulers very eagerly looking for doing contracts for null sec people and were outbidding each other for contracts. And CCP saw this and agreed with the null sec focused CSM that this massively successful feature to high sec so that it would promote player interaction and vibrant business with structures.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Inexperienced haulers think that there are a lot of scam contracts. Experienced haulers know that this is only because the market is very competitive and therefore contracts with decent rates are snatched up very quickly.

Experienced haulers think there are hundreds of scam contracts and fewer legit contracts overall. This has nothing to do with competitiveness.

I’ve gotten some good responses so far. Vibrant idea? The scheme makes my cheek vibrant solely.
The main issue I have gotten with the scam is that the scammers could put their Citadell structure in low-powered mode right away I accepted the contract. Of course the structure is also not seen in the HUD without knowing the location to warp to.

Doing a second contract is also not possible as the structure wont show up as valid destination. That was the most annoying part of the scheme and it offends the whole contracting parties BAU. This scheme should be on the way out, to be more specific, powering down should not happen that fast.
The scheme rather mirrors a Trumpism idea of trade, that is putting up the fences at ridiculous places or not implementing it in a logical way. Why not doing trade wars in EVE then, I will not trade with Caldari and the region The Citadel → Sirppala (and its station VI, to be exact) I was presented with doors shut.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.