Having problems with Eve

I’ve recently been experiencing a weird response when opening my Eve client. I get a message that tells me my client is corrupt and needs to be re installed. So I delete Eve in windows, and reinstall and it runs fine for a few days. Then it does it again. So I reinstall Eve. It did it again today. I got frustrated and just kept launching Eve and finally it connected. I have no idea what is happening. I wish I were more computer savvy. I don’t know what to do. It has never done this before.

Reinstall the OS.

I don’t know how to use a computer. It’s just a magic box.

Try this:

1. Open your launcher,
  2. Click on the cog icon at the top right,
  3. Click on the third item in the list “Tools / Cache”,
  4. Click on the “Verify Game Files” and let it run.

If the game files are corrupted this should help fix it.

If the problem could be with your OS there are couple of things you could try:

1. Right click the Start button at the left of your toolbar,
  2. Click on Windows Powershell (Admin) in the menu
  3. In the window that opens type “sfc /scannow” (without the quote marks) and let it run. It will tell you if the errors with the OS and attempt to repair them,
  4. If it tells you there are errors it can’t fix then type in the same window “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” (without the quote marks).

One last thing to try in the launcher is to set the game client to use DirectX 11 instead of the default DirectX 12 (if it isn’t already set to 11) - Cog icon, then second line in the list “Game Client”, then use the drop down menu to set the DirectX.

Yes. I often feel the same way.

Thank you. Will try these and see it if works.

That needs a step 5 where you run sfc /scannow again…as the DISM command only replaces the image file and its the scannow command that looks at that file to update Windows and correct it.

1 Like

Have a look over https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/5887552428700-Updating-EVE-Online

If you are still having issues, you can submit a ticket to our help center:

Submit a Support Ticket

Be sure to add the following information:

Launcher logs

Yes that would be a good idea.