Help me make sense

Can’t Calculate Properly in this instance

2 Likes

Someone pointed out the issue with my maths.

Turns out, if you’re in a fleet and try to replicate it, all members of the fleet get the bounty reward.
So I got this.
2019.08.22 13:52:53 Bounty Prize 1,854,219 ISK 101,455,534,046 ISK addelee got bounty prize for killing addelee

I got a bounty reward for myself dying so in theory, everything is working as normal

2 Likes

Okay guys. Here’s how this actually works.

44.4 mil bought

Doesn’t matter one bit. Forget this number exists.

46.8 mil value according to ingame fitting window

Ditto.

base insurance 15.37 mil

Ditto.

max insurance 30.77 mil

This number matters.

Value according to lossmail 41,98 mil

This number matters.

There’s one other number that mattered, which was the cost of the platinum insurance.

According to the insurance ESI route, a harbinger’s platinum values are:

cost:9233062.2,
payout:30776874.0

This makes NO sense at all given the “20% of destroyed value” rule. The number is not even slightly similar. It’s pretty much 10%.

It makes perfect sense. Here’s what actually happened:

(Total worth according to killmail) + (cost of platinum insurance) - (payout of platinum insurance) = PIE

PIE * .2 = bounty payout.

41,981,687 + 9233062-30776874.0 = 20437875

The Pend Insurance Estimate is not the insurance payout. It is an after-insurance valuation of what was lost, and assumes platinum insurance.

5 Likes

Thanks for solving that one heh. It’s also why we never really notice it because once you start fitting your ship and/or use a ship that doesn’t really insure too well it’ll be way closer to what we expected even when we made the wrong calculation.

Good job!

Just thought I’d add this observation to confirm that the bounty calculation does seem to indeed be based on total value of loss. It seems counterintuitive, as insurance payout is based on the ship, but the calculation for bounty does seem to include the value of cargo lost as well.

Popped a civ fit Velator in high sec recently, which by itself is near worthless, but had a loss value of over 20mil due to cargo it happened to be carrying. It wasn’t much, but full bounty of about 100k was paid out.

Figured this may add some clarification as even uniwiki site quotes as 20% ship value.

1 Like

Div/0 equals infinity.

so where’s the spread sheet :stuck_out_tongue: :eyes: :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.