Hiatus and Brokers Fees

I like making money, irl im learning business, and I like playing auction houses and ingame markets in my free time. The changes are just mega frustrating, to put them into perspective lets say im a gas station, I have competition all around me, and have to take gas prices into consideration, the station next to me lowers their price by 5 cents per gallon, why would I be punished for lowering my gas prices by 6 cents on my gallon with a 1-2.5% fee on the value of my whole inventory.

1 Like

It is almost as if CCP is trying to cauterize 60% of the Eve gameplay in order to save their nullsec players. These dumb changes that you are referring to hardly affect the giant player groups in null that only use the market to sell their finished products.

2 Likes

Exactly what big player or player groups have had difficulty with these changes, did the mythical botherdermcgee have any difficulty with his wealth splitting his orders and botting more accounts to compensate. Ccp just stifled small operations and fed us to the bigger ones, ive seen people dabble in trading before this change and eventually got bigger, im not sure how I can replicate when im actually penalized for competing. And for the sycophants telling me to just adapt, how can I out adapt a margin that isnt there.

Unless you are selling slow-moving high-volume items, this shouldnā€™t be an issue for you - even if someone undercuts you slightly, their stock will exhaust and then yours will be sold. If you are selling slow-moving, high-volume items, you are probably in the wrong market - consider a different location, or different goods.

Where is the magical margin that allows me to make a profit when changing my order tacks on an extra 2% needed to break even every time, you dont think I have considered and looked at many items locations, mulled over data and calculated it. With all the fees I need at least a 30% margin to break even and allow me to change prices 5 times. If there was such a mythical item and or locations that can allow me to thrive with these changes then me and everyone else would be trading it until there wasnt anymore. I mulled over data I considered my options and the margins arenā€™t materializing.

If your equity cannot survive your item sitting on the market for 1-2 weeks to sell, you are overextended. Cut back on your inventory volume, place orders for smaller lots (so if the market does happen to fall under you, you can list additional inventory in the lower price bracket while waiting for market recovery to swing prices back up to your higher listing), and research what your inventory is actually worth. A reasonably priced item will sell of there is demand, even if a few people undercut you - the undercut orders will clear out and then your order will be the best price again.

1 Like

Im not sure if I can really tie up all my capital like that right now again im really a small fish in this game, the winning strategy would be good volume meh margin items and a few items like that for a smaller trader like me, which makes the fees totally kill my strat but I do have some items now that im waiting on for a few weeks to see if it really will work out.

It sounds like you are overextended. Market play is not beginner content - not due to difficulty or high skill requirements, but due to capital needs. Much like running SP farms has a significant capital outlay to get started, station trading and industry-to-market production flows take a lot of investment.

Thatā€™s one of the reasons I focus on meta modules for the majority of my trading - there isnā€™t a production cost to worry about, and my margin is vs mineral reprocessing values (which arenā€™t hampered by system production indexes). Since I enjoy ratting anyway, use sentry drones (so no ammo expenses), and dropping an MTU to collect all the loot makes it virtually no extra time to get the modules, Iā€™m making money at every stage of my production flow (well, except when I haul to Jita to sell, but thatā€™s true of T1/T2 production as well).

I get that but pre fee update I had some strategy when I tried alpha for a few weeks and my main way of getting my foot in the door was waiting until past about 11pm est and trading those high volume okay margin items while others were asleep I would wake up to the profits, set my buy orders after be sitting nice and comfy, fees killed my margins. Would love to rat and dabble in alt income flows like you say you do but I got no good ratting space to do it in, cant commit to any real corp due to health issues which make me have to play in short bursts (another win imo for market trading).

Have you tried making your listings in those target times with more significant decreases rather than minor undercuts? If you would expect to have to ā€˜0.01 iskā€™ it ten times, you could make a single listing for where you expect it to actually sell.

Abyssal content is 15 minutes.

You cant .01 isk on most items and ofc I decrease more significantly like that but relisting 2-3 times would kill a good margin only for me to likely still be undercut, and in such aggressive bursts I used to have to relist like 10 times to get success pre fees.

Thought abyssal content was removed in may?

They keep giving me filaments, so I think it still exists. Emerging conduits might be gone - not sure about those.

I dont know much about it but ile give it a shot then after some research.

Feeā€™s in game are minuscule compared to real life. Current ā€˜broker fee/sales taxā€™ in the UK is 20% VAT upon sale of goods then 19% upon any profit from the transaction so say around 40%. In eve you pay less than 10% & it was more akin to <5% before changes.

NPC markets should be removed from the game & the experience fully transferred to players or to stop moaning in the interim tax in NPC stations should be set at 20% broker fee + 19% sales tax.

Ship Insurance should be removed as it is insane with no basis of reality & is in fact an ISK fountain out of nowhere, total joke. Removing insurance would allow players to take role of insurers which lets face it would not function. Maybe for freighters with initial high premium & excess lowering each month.

It sounds like you would like Tranquility Trading Towers to collect all the market taxes and fees.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.