High sec lvl4 mission ship advice

most bs do.

a Mach with a t2 500mn goes 1500 m/s. While it is no issue to be slow when going with long range ships, which have very high projection, it is just not acceptable for ships that are supposed to get close and personnal. you will get evaded by frigs/destroyers. you will miss cr too close.

with 100mn you can’t dictate the range, can’t force the frigs into straight line; can’t burn through the gate; can’t split the frigs from the cr to take your time shooting them.

100mn are very good. When you don’t mind completing the mission two DT after taking it.

I personally wouldn’t use after burner on a BS. Maybe if you are going to be in close and try and tank and spank your way through missions. Some missions just can’t be done that way, at least to my knowledge. I usually have both jump drive and MWD. Jump 100km away drop sentry’s or what ever long range weapon I am using. Use MWD to move around if needed.

1 Like

I think on something like a raven an AB is fine since you don’t really have to worry about range and can hit everything you can lock. And it’s typically fast enough to make it to a gate before you kill everything in the room.

on a mach I’m taking an mwd every single time though. 1500m/s is just too fast to ignore. I’m usually where I need to go before cap ever becomes an issue. Oh and my blitz fit for dread pirate uses 2 nanos so it’s going even faster, hits ~2700 with a heated MWD and a zor’s.

marauders can mostly MJD around and with the reduced 1m CD timer it’s pretty much always available when you need it. Golem can sit at pretty much any range and not care. On a blaster kronos or AC vargur a mwd can make sense since you need to be in close, and I’ve used an MWD on a paladin because it can have so much extra cap that I’ll take the speed boost.

rattlesnake is kinda weird, it’s just so slow, I mainly only use it in places where I can just park and melt stuff. don’t like it on missions with long gates to burn to, AB just takes forever, and an MWD chugs cap. MJD is a decent option, but with the 3 min CD sometimes it works better than others.

There’s also a difference between new player setups and max skill setups. For a new player it’s probably better to go with an AB as if you forget it for a few cycles you won’t run out of cap, also there’s no cap penalty on ABs. I tried running an MWD on an alpha character and it ate so much cap I think I probably would have been better off with an AB especially since I was in a missile ship, also since I was on an alpha I was doing way less damage than I was used to so I wasn’t flying through missions as I would on my other characters. With high skills and mission knowledge I know where to use my MWD. Like I mentioned earlier in dread pirate I even heat my MWD to go even faster.

2 Likes

[Armageddon]
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II
Ballistic Control System II

Cap Recharger II
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Missile Guidance Computer II

Caldari Navy Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher
Drone Link Augmentor II
Quad Light Beam Laser I

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Nanobot Accelerator I
Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot I x1
Curator I x1
Garde I x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Imperial Navy Infiltrator x5
Imperial Navy Curator x4

Inferno Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x2055
Inferno Heavy Missile x2100
Missile Range Script x1
Missile Precision Script x1
Radio M x1
Ultraviolet M x1
Mjolnir Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x1864
Multifrequency M x1

the Quad Light Beam Laser I is normally swapped out depending on the mission for another Drone Link or other module.

Most times you can just park up, and let the enemy try to get to you, normally run the Sentry Drones first and switch them out for others depending on if have to get rid of fast frigates or battleships.

Golem. Nothing can touch you.

1 Like

I can’t speak for everyone, but I use MWD on a BS because it gives me the power to change distance between me and mission NPCs fast. A ship with short-range guns wants to get close, no? And one with long-range guns likes to be at effective range for it’s own guns while hopefully out of enemy range. Missions usually dump you at a certain range after you warp in or go through an acceleration gate, and sometimes that is not the optimal (or safest) range for your ship.

2 Likes

Most use MWD for fast travel between points.
Others use AB for higher speed when known mission has tacklers, as less effected than MWD.

But its more a personal choice.

If you’re not too worried about higher speeds, you can mount better targeting or weapon mod modules. Not hard to get heavy missile out pass 70km if you have the skills and modules. Or 200km plus turret sniper.

With ab u can decrease incoming damage when ur skills low and u havent isks for a good modules to tank

1 Like

I don’t use MWD’s and I rarely use an AB with my BS. If im doing one of the missions where gates are 50Km out, i’ll fly to it while im destroying ■■■■.

My noctis has an AB however.

I run L4’s with a Tengu or Proteus. I do prefer Tengu though, as the DPS with implants and good skills is over 500 (using scourge). It’s really easy to fly, it moves pretty fast, the capacitor can handle a Large Shield Booster II, and I never worry about drones being attacked. Probably not the fastest mission runner I’ve ever had, but it’s the easiest. My fit costs about 750m which includes faction BCS

2 Likes

I also fly a Geddon, Cruise-Missile, 2xGecko-2xAug. Hammerhead and 1x Aug. Hobgoblin… way more badas.s than most ppl think :wink:

1 Like

Can you more experienced players post some good Omega high skill fits for the Rattlesnake for solo L4’s, COSMOS,etc please. Just back from an extended break and my fits are outdated. I have about 93 million sp so my skills are pretty good for anything sub capital ship. Looking for a strong all around fit, thank you.

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake]
Domination Ballistic Control System
Dread Guristas Drone Damage Amplifier
Dread Guristas Drone Damage Amplifier
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Missile Guidance Computer II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Hornet I x8
Gecko x1
Salvage Drone I x5
Acolyte I x5
Warrior I x7

Missile Precision Script x1
Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x720

stable without ab, low-grade crystal set without omega imp coz it cost 2much and its already overtank so instead im using an imp +5% to cruise missile, also +5% to cap and a rapid launch +5%

Personally I use a Cerberus and it handles L4 missions just fine.

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Mission specific Field II hardener
Mission specific Field II hardener

Assault Damage Control II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Mission Specific Light Drone II x3

Implants
LE-603
MB-703
GP-803
TN-903
RL-1003

With my skills, which isn’t that great, I get 745.7 dps with Scourge Rage missiles at 39km range. It can go 3m20s with MWD on or cap stable with it off. With the ADC off, I get almost 28k ehp but with it going, I push 97.2k temporarily.

It is also cheap at around 330m isk compared to some fits above I have seen.

1 Like

Open game > Channels > Player channels > Fits for L4 missions

4 Likes

Thank you I will add that channel

If you want to keep it cheap, I used a Raven but this was 4 years ago before I discovered what you could make in a carrier. Kept the ship price around 300 mill ISK and they are easy to build if you are into that stuff. With good skills, you can snipe with cruise missles 100KM+ and throw in an MJD for an “OH !#@%$!” button. But then again, this was 4 years ago and I was into killing everything on grid instead of blitzing for the points.

1 Like

As I said, there are many ships quite capable of running level 4 missions. HACs are no exception.
Even tried a Deimos once and she was great.

I remember doing level 4 missions in a Drake.

Golem.

1 Like

it’s a classic for a reason, it works, it’s cheap, and it’s easy to get into.