High sec lvl4 mission ship advice

Well if you train a wee bit into minmatar, a cruise typhoon with sentry drones works very well with a armor fit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Add me ingame if you need a cheap lvl 4 ttyphoon fit that can offer +900 dps with great application vs even cruisers

Not really. Itā€™s fun, but after a while the novelty wears thin. At this point Iā€™m holding out the faint hope that they release a Triglavian Marauder.

I found that a navy scorp can be an osom ship if u like missiles.

Iā€™ve been away for a long time but arenā€™t the Marauderā€™s literally made for this? Saying that Rattlesnakes with Geckoā€™s was super efficient for me.

Yes, Marauders excel in mission clearing, snagging objectives and salvaging. You can omni-tank them quite easily with a mostly T2 fit. The only downside is the hull cost, but if youā€™re at the point where a Marauder would gain you 20m ISK/hour in additional income - itā€™s quite easy to justify and offset the additional expense.

I was testing out triple RR Leshaks for a few months (on and off, not constant mishing, mostly in a WH right now), but since I finished Cal BS 5 on my toons, been doing 2 Golems now. 4th and final marauder typeā€¦ unlocked.

I have to say I think I prefer Kronos for close range missions like Damsel, Vargur and Paladin for the ones with rats a bit further out, Golems and Rattlesnakes if I want to not think about tracking at all, and Leshaks are just fun for the variety/novelty.

I used to run missions in 2 Ishtars, that was pretty fun, too (Guristas Assault just canā€™t even scratch Ishtars like it can punish BSesā€¦ t2 resist profile perfect for serp/guri and smaller sigs).

when I was new, I took a break from Domi/Rattlesnake (solo boxing) during my Ishtar training to try out Raven, CNR (Navy Raven), and Machariel, but with meta 4s since I wasnā€™t that trained up back then. At some point Iā€™d like to give dual Machs a try.

And Iā€™d also like to possibly try triple Barghests but Iā€™ve yet to hop into even one (which is just super EZ mode for both L4 missions and VG incursions, as Iā€™ve heard from peops whoā€™ve done it).

Triple Barghests get boring after a while. Itā€™s akin to F1 monkeying. Not to mention that with all the changes running 3 clients isnā€™t a smooth or as stable as it once was. You can earn enough with Burners or Abyssal space now to match the income of 3x clients anyway without the hassle of PLEXā€™ing the other 2.

I agree, the Kronos is probably hands down the most exciting Marauder of the group.

can double box burners (each account in their own mission) or triple box abyssal frigate sites (all 3 in one filament). The extra income from each account should easily offset the price of extra plex.

[Scorpion Navy Issue, 1k_dps]
Ballistic Control System II
Signal Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Caldari Navy Large Shield Booster
Large Micro Jump Drive
500MN Microwarpdrive II

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x10

Missile Range Script x2
Missile Precision Script x2
Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x324

1k dps, 100k ehp, aprox 850m price, can aplly any type of dmg

1 Like

If youā€™re going to go with a Navy scorpion you might as well just go with a Rattlesnake. Itā€™s cheaper, just as tanky and you actually do more missile damage per volley. Plus you get the drone bonuses.

1 Like

Rattle has bonuses only for 2 types of dmg, navy scorp is like barghest, but for 850m u can buy only ship and here u get same ship fitted with modules just use 1 guidance comp for missile range when u need it.

No, the Navy Scorpion is definitely not like the Barghest. Iā€™m not even going to begin to point out the obvious diffrencesā€¦

Two types of damage bonuses doesnā€™t really matter since kinetic and thermal are the primary or secondary damage types against almost every NPC. You can skip Angel missions and easily run EM drones for any Blood or Sansha missions.

I get it - you like your Navy Scorpion and it looks cool. And while it gets the job done itā€™s not the cheapest or the most efficient.

1 Like

Why ? scourge+warden is good vs angels.

1 Like

put that fit on a navy raven and get better application and get damage on target faster with the missile velocity bonus.

or a barghest where you lose a little application but gain base damage, and donā€™t even have to volley count as the missiles are fast enough to hit anything inside something like 120km before the next one launches.

and yea kin is the angel secondary hole so scourge missiles are fine and can use whatever drones you like, bouncers/berserkers, or gecko/wardens, probably all going to work pretty well.

2 Likes

Is the risk of getting ganked in hi sec high enough to not run a Marauder?

If you cannot fit T2 missile launchers itā€™s not worth sporting a Rattlesnake.
Go for the Nightmare instead. It does any L4 mission without breaking a sweat and you get sweet mobility from the AB bonus without crippling your capacitor.

[Nightmare, Warlock]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Shield Booster II
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
Large Cap Battery II

Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Scorch L x4

1 Like

I think the gank risk is more about the mods and/ or cargo with a battleship.

Sometimes itā€™s not worth using T2 weapon systems, sometimes you get better results with the Faction ones, sure you canā€™t mount the T2 ammo/missiles.

If you have better ROF, Range and tracking, plus better fitting requirements from Faction (not talking Officer or Deadspace), that little extra damage you get from the T2 ammo isnā€™t really at important.

ā€œlittleā€ damage ?

T2 short-range turret have high-dps, lower tracking and lower range ammos, as well as low DPS, higher range, lower tracking ammos.
T2 long-range turrets have ultra long range small DPS ridiculouslysmall tracking, or higher damage short range somewhat correct tracking.

When is T2 short-range turret short-range ammo useful ?
Only when you already can shoot the target correctly with faction ammo. That is, either against webbed down targets (grappler+web+paint prettyplease), or vs targets bigger than you.
In that case, the T2 turret+T2 ammo is 20% more damage than T1M4+faction ammo.

Thatā€™s the risk no matter what youā€™re doing.

But most Gankers try for the easy target, ones that they know donā€™t have the skills to defend themselves or in ships known not to be good combat ships against larger or high tech ships. All you need to look at some ganker kill-boards, 95% of the kills at frigate or below in size or indy ships.

eg. https://zkillboard.com/character/96811141/

1520 ship kills, 4 ship looses. Most kills Pods and in Amarr 1.0 noobe system.

Funny thing is most gankers will run from someone with the skill and right fit, and if challenged they tend to not reply or call. Also tend to be the most vocal in local chat and most aggressive in chat too, but challenge them and they go quiet.

Sadly these are the play types that have killed the massive player base EVE had years ago, and cause a lot of noobes to give up on the game very early on without getting to know how good EVE is. But thatā€™s another topic in itself.