High sec lvl4 mission ship advice

I get a lot better damage with T2 Cruise than I do with CN cruise. Not to mention helluva cheaper too.

That depends on the skill level of the marauder pilot along with the fit of the ship. I personally use a full mastery Kronos that utilizes a passive omni-tank armor fit with self armor repair and a 100MN AB. I tend to take my time running L4 Security Missions in Gallente Space so I donā€™t care about the bonus reward most of the time only because I can walk away from a mission with more than 3mil in kills, loot and salvage. the bulk of my fit is faction or deadspace with t2 and one storyline mod (my Drone Link Augmenter) the fit I use brings the cost to 6Bil but I only need to change up a few high power slots and I can run bastion vanguard sites

Open game > Channels > Player channels > Fits for L4 missions

14 days from today, you can.

2 Likes

tell me more about passive armour i did not know there was such a thing

thatā€™s a one-mission fit.

I strongly advise against using passive armor tanks if you donā€™t quite know what you are doing.
Armor doesnā€™t regenerate without local or remote reps, shields however do regenerate all by themselves without doing anything.

2 Likes

So that is on itā€™s way then? Good.

Iā€™d stick with active tanking unless youā€™re talking shields. Passive armor has no regen making it less forgiving than passive shield fits and isnā€™t something you want to be relying on completely if youā€™re new to it.

i use a passive rattle atm 80,000 eph 1500 dps rocks the angel bonus room no sweat

Oh yes, you can read all about it in the ā€œUpcoming Featuresā€ section for ā€œInvasionā€ and I saw on Hoboleaks that our faction guns now have the entry for scorch, aurora, void, null, conflagration and all the other nice tech 2 ammo types as possible ammo types to load.

I think when many people say passive armor tank, they may try to mean passive resists with a local rep, as opposed to active armor tanking with hardeners and local rep. IMHO, the only real definition of a truly passive armor tank would be buffer armor with no local reps, and even then it has niche usefulness.

Passive armor resists become more viable with higher skills and makes it easier to make cap stable fits for lazy missioning, and in case of disconnects, and maybe frees up some mid slots for damage application for those that really want cap stability. Also, with fewer hardeners draining cap, itā€™s easier to fit a Reactive Armor Hardener, which has great utility in a lot of fits and situations.

1 Like

A fun fact about hardeners - republic fleet armor hardeners use only a third of cap :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty much ever since they came out with the Reactive, I stopped bothering to use flavored Hardeners. Thereā€™s no sense in carting around 4-8 of them, and having to refit every mission.

2 Likes

Indeed, there are few cap friendly gems like that. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally came across shadow serpentis MWDā€™s, as another example.

This also leads us into isk tanking (yet another fascinating part of EVE is all the different types of tanking). As example, for my Kronos, I fit a single deadspace repper as itā€™s only bling, everything else is T2, causing its total ship+fit value to hover around 1.6-1.8 bil isk, depending on current market, with 90% of value being hull, often costing less than many blinged out faction ships. So my Kronos will be less likely of a target as itā€™s not really worth the 100-200mil isk in possible drops, compared to the 1-2bil isk possible for a really blingy faction hull.

Kinda reminds me of the old saying, you donā€™t have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the guy next to you. But in this case, you just have to be less appetizingā€¦ :grimacing:

1 Like

+1 for lazinessā€¦ * cough *ā€¦ efficiencyā€¦ :sunglasses::rofl:

Well putting meta or t2 modules that are not guns on a pirate ship is a travesty.

2 Likes

:rofl:

That made lol for reals.

And I agree 100%!

1 Like

I know canā€™t wait, though i imagine everyone will bring out of storage all they faction weapons to use instead of using the T2 versions.

Though it will generate a new indy in storyline/faction missions for loot and manufaction of 3 run BPC faction/storyline items

1 Like

The risk of getting Ganked in highsec is determined more by Where and When you run missions, not the Cost of the fit.

I use the Golem all the time for the best clearing, looting and salvaging. I used to use a HAM Tengu for blitzing, but very recently got a Barghest to do that instead in time for the Invasion release. Itā€™s a wonderful ship. Iā€™m a happy boy :parrotwave4:

2 Likes