High sec lvl4 mission ship advice

can’t agree more on both (besides I don’t think salvage is worth it)

Are you alpha now ? Do you fit cruise or rapid ?
can you afford to use hyper rigs ?

BTW I came to conclusion that domination(I think?) 500mn is most interesting on the barghest, <100M isk, correct speed, low cap usage.

Depending on your enemy, salvage alone can net 14-22+ M in missions like SE,The Blockade, The Assault if your playstyle is full clear. If you’re blitzing, then whatever gets you through the fastest with lower ammo costs is fine. While the Marauder excels at full clear, I may have to dust off my old Domi and get it refigured and upgraded for use. Just hate leaving money on the table…

1 Like

how long does it take for you to change ship, exit station, align o the destination, warp, lock the wrecks, salvage them, then fetch the mtu, the loot, and warp back to station ? How often are the mission in the next/second next system ?

“whatever you do is fine” . You are saying you don’t care if it’s bad.

you are ot leaving money on the table. You are respecting the value you give to yourself. If an activity costs you time and does not give you money for this time, you are being used.

lol, angel blockade is maybe 7M in salvage, <4M in loot… not worth bothering. And the mission itself is kinda long and not paying much…

Not sure if it’s me you are asking questions to, but here are my replies anyhow:

Salvaging is worth it only on certain missions where you know you get good stuff, otherwise it takes too long.

My Barghest is actually fit with Torpedoes… yep, it is possible with a Barghest, and I think that it works very well for me, just like my Golem is Torp-fit as well. And as I am using Navy Torp Launchers on it, having the choice of Javelins, Rage, or Navy Ammo is wonderful.

Javelin = 1200dps
Navy = 1500dps
Rage = 1750dps

And damage application really is perfectly fine too, as I use my Mids for Prop, Painters and Guidance Comps, I use the lows for Armour tanking. My Prop mod is a Gist X-Type 500mn.

2 Likes

since here was no “answering to someone” in my post, it most likely means I was either answering to the OP or to the post above mine (yours) . In that case it was yours.

I think your fit makes totally sense. However that means you are using rigor rigs ? I was thinking of using torp barghest but it seemed to me that the very low application of torps need so much application modules (double painter, rigors T2) that the fit then must go armor and thus lose some DPS (ie only 3 BCU, EANM+X LAR+RAN), the speed of hypers. Or are you going double painters+ MWD+cap battery+double guidance so you can free the rigs for hypers ? but then you lack the MJD ?

1 Like

My Marauder just warps in,drops MTU and salvage drones, and bastions up. By time last npc dies, I’m almost done with loot, salvage, wait a minute, gather everything (mtu and drones) up and warp back to station. Most of my missions at the hub I use are same system or next over. Perhaps 15%+ are 2 away. I make plenty of bank in an enjoyable and time effective way for me; please don’t be one of those people who claim I’m “doing it wrong” because I’m not min/max-ing it or doing it the way you do. I’ll never probably spend the hundreds of billions of ISK I’ve earned, but I’ve have had fun earning it.

In addition, just who you are missioning against does make a huge difference in salvage returns. Angels used to be great back when trit bars were going for 100k a piece; now days I agree just not worth it for the most point. However, I’m running Serpentis missions for the most part with the pair of contaminated fluid salvage parts returning a very nice return for the effort; sometimes adding close to 1M per BS wrecks.

By the way, I suspect perhaps a language problem between us: you are claiming things I never said or implied.
You have done this before in some other threads I have replied in, maki.ng me wonder exactly what are you reading. I will continue to discuss any subject I post in, but prefer that a person responds to what I actually said.

3 Likes

Double Painters, MWD, Triple Guidance. Guidance Comps have 1 Range script, 2 Precision scripts. I don’t bother with Cap, everything dies too quickly to need one, although I did almost get down to Hull in Worlds Collide the other day. But was before I fit a Reactive Armor hardener instead of a Damage Control.

Rigs are T2 Flight Time, T2 Rigor, T1 Flare.

One great thing about the Barghest is the Torps go so fast you don’t need to count volleys. And 9 effective launchers means you do the same Alpha with Navy Torps as the Golem does with Tech 2 Rage, which means you have even better damage application and range instead of Rage. Torps mean you are more involved with your missions then if you use Cruise Missiles, but it’s more fun :slight_smile:

I also have the right implants to make Torps work well :slight_smile:

Update to Post/Further points:

1. I am thinking of swapping the flight time rig for a velocity rig, to make the torps go even faster.
  2. I am thinking of buying an Abyssal MWD to get a smaller signature bloom and higher speed - maybe I can start to speed tank this thing? But not sure if it’s at all possible, even with an Abyssal MWD.
  3. What you said about Hyperspatial rigs was interesting. If CCP ever get around to boosting Torps and Autocannons, as has been argued for many times on these forums, then I could ditch the Range rigging altogether and use a single hyperspatial rig as this ship is quite slow in warp.
1 Like

you got it wrong.

I wrote

so it IS about “doing it wrong” when you claim that salvage can net X. It’s got nothing to do with minmaxing or whatever. It’s just to do basic math : I have one hour to play every 2 days. If I do it without salvaging, at the end of the hour I get X money. If I do like you, at the end of the hour I get 5 times less. So if I do like you, it is not worth it.

So since my goal when I farm is to make money and I am limited in time, then your way to do is wrong.
Now I’m totally okay with being wrong myself, that’s how I improve ; but you can’t claim that something is worth it without enough data.

And BTW I also took note on serpentis missions. You may be right now and it may have increased ; but it was as bad as angels when I took notes.
But I really hope this changes and people get more worth from salvaging.

Would be good if you quoted exactly were. I think I know what you mean but such a blurry description can’t be taken seriously.

1 Like

I can confirm that The Assault(Serpentis) drops good salvage. I’ve had a variance of between 16-26mil isk in total salvage from that single mission alone. With about 20mil isk in bounties and about 5-8mil isk in loot, the mission nets between 41-54mil isk. And I run that lazily in about 45min in a half-baked Kronos build, which includes killing, salvaging, and looting all in one go. Doing the math, that’s about 55mil isk/hr using very conservative estimate. And I can confirm Serpentis mission npc’s in general drop the good salvage in most of their missions, usually its about on par with total bounties.

I can agree that there is an objective way to look at game progress by how much isk is earned, especially if that is what suits your needs, then any other way is “wrong”. But I would also have to disagree, that in the context of a video game, when the goal for the average player is “fun”, then there really is no “wrong”, which is the way I believe @Buoytender_Bob meant. At least, I know in my own case, when I am in the mood to do full clears, I make “enough” isk for my needs, and the rest is just enjoying the fireworks.

3 Likes

and I also enjoy doing missions in a AF more than in a marauder. Still the “fun” notion is very subjective, while the isk is an ingame resource that is objective, as is time. If you want to make “better” fit or advice fit to people, using an objectively better fit is the only way to have a discussion.

I agree though that there is much more than isk/h , and actually “minmaxing” isk/h is bad (as I already said it would require fitting full officer mutated modules). But you can’t present an activity as being “worth it” without having an objective hourly result.

3 Likes

The standby long ago was a buffer tanked raven with appropriate active hardner per NPC and cruise missiles?

On that note, my I ask if the Serpentis Extravaganza mission is still only the 2 rooms of Serpentis or is there a 3rd room I didn’t know about?

Well, there is no bonus room…you have a total of three areas to clear.

1 Like

As @Buoytender_Bob said, no bonus room. I’ve only run Serpentis and Angel Extravaganza, and Angel Lv3 and Lv4 had the bonus rooms that I’ve ran somewhat recently. I’ve never had any faction loot drop from Lv4 Angel bonus room, but from Lv3 bonus, I once had a 20 mil isk Domination mod drop, but likely in the “rare” category. May or may not be worth the time running, but they can be a fun challenge.

1 Like

Well, technically speaking, EVERYTHING can touch you - it’s just that none of it hurts. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

I remember doing the Serpentis Extravaganza mission when I was near or in Solitude for a while. Somewhere in the null-part of Solitude that is.
I couldn’t resist docking in that Caldari station and ask that agent for something to do.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.