High Sec the New Renter's Space

Not even comparable. Using carriers, super-carriers, dreads and titans to defend is vastly different than only being able to field battleships.

1 Like

Not just a citadel… ANY structure will make someone viable to start a war or get wardecced.

Fozzie’s vision is to get these smaller corps to join alliances, not just individual pilots. But at the same time, wants anyone to be able to live whereever they want, be it, high, low, null, worm etc.

He thinks this will help push small corps to join goon, PL test etc.

1 Like

This should prove once and for all (if it hasn’t already been proven multiple times) why carebears in this game shouldn’t be catered too. The nerf (read: virtual limination) of high sec wardecs isn’t even live, and they’re calling for the next nerf.

I hope every single holding corp structure is destroyed!

6 Likes

Fozzie’s vision, and a guy from Eve Uni agrees, is they are looking to see more people drop NPC corps and start their own corps, and eventually look into joining alliances. The option to make or accept a structure will be turned off, so they won’t have to worry about being wardecced, while trying to grow their corp, and eventually, move into an alliance.

I look to my corp growing in numbers shortly after this goes live… and hell maybe venture back to null if I find the right alliance my whole corp could join. or make my own alliance with some of the corps i befriended.

2 Likes

I do not think making everyone a renter in game is a smart idea. I do think if you have a structure you should be able to defend it reasonably, but some structure where intended to let small corps grow.

The balance for wardec needed to be done if you want eve to be around another five or more years as too many people try to start a corp, get five active players then get deced. New guys dont want to lose the cruiser they just got so they dock. When that guy stays anywhere they go in high to make a little isk, they figure log off play a diffrent game and why bother with eve?

The more people try to bully corps trying to grow. (War declaration or extorting them) the less new blood will stay around to drive content everyone wants.

4 Likes

It’s not so much that too many people try to start a corp and get decced, it’s that too many people think that a corp is like a guild in any other MMO and have no idea how to deal with wardecs. Poor leadership while under pressure probably cost the game as many players as the wardecs themselves.

9 Likes

This is true as many people leading do tend to tell there people “dont fight them and the dec will go away in a week.”

Bad way to lead as its content (and a good leader probably has at list frigates to get players in to play) or mess around in low or wormholes for a while, or teach players how to watch for enemies while doing there thing. Still too many dont and people dont stay in the game.

Oh agreed.

If you spoke nicely enough to someone like @Tora_Bushido, a wardec corp may have downshipped in order to provide an opportunity for some fun and to spread their knowledge of the darkside; they’ve done it before.

1 Like

CCP started the idea of tying war decs to structures, players are just following up.

1 Like

lol yep.

It’s not like nobody saw it coming.

2 Likes

You could look at it a whole nother way corporation like myself small Mining and Salvage in corporation that’s what I enjoy doing but a bigger Corporation could look at me and say oh my God damn she’s good with that noctis we could really use her and they can start recruiting smaller Corporation just to do the stuff they don’t want to do none of the people down in NS like to salvage I love it grandma is not the most money until you train hit up but once you do you can make a decent profit at it

This is so delicious. This dudes bitching and moaning is what makes this sort of stuff just plain glorious

1 Like

They said similar things about awox nerfs. ‘corps become more inclusive’. And they did become more inclusive, but they became tax farms and peoples genuinely don’t talk to each other.

This is more of that. And as someone who often starting new chars and applying to corps, it is much much harder to find an interactive corp these days. They are obscured by thousands of crap corps.

1 Like

I really don’t get this thinking. Corps were bigger when they had to stay together for protection. Adversity creates a need to reach out to others for help. Hard times create great people.

When things become easier, we isolate ourselves more. This is true in and out the game.

2 Likes

Lol it was me. Or before that, some guy at fanfest 2012.

But when I did, wardecs weren’t up ■■■■ creek. We still had watch lists, no blanket decs and the biggest issue was guerrilla style wardecs.

It could swing either way tbh, someone will always figure out a way to extract tears from the wardec immune anyway.

Well as dastardly as it seem, extortion and protection rackets are legit in the game.

Whether or not it hurts the game is another matter.

(that’s the key)

1 Like

Easy fix.
Points system.
1 active player (alpha clone) - 1 point
To own 1 system with station - 20 points
Without station - 10 points
More active players - more space.
Any type of citadel - 5 points
To reinforce any type of structure 5 points pending

No enough free points - unable to reinforce structure. Something like that ))

(shrug) why did you post that ??

figured he’d like to know someone is talking ■■■■ about him.