High-Sec war decs

You math sounds sound. Except that people love joining other corps wars. You’d be surprised how cheap it is to get war deck assistance. Lots of corps sit at the trade hubs just joining everyone’s that will let them. You get a corp that does that and your enemy no longer can use the major trade hubs. If they are small like these people; it might just be enough.

1 Like

I’d have to try that sometime. Might suggest this to a newbro corp if they get wardecced. But what if you get wardecced by major war dec group like Marmite or PIRAT (to name a few I know of)? They typically have blingy ships and huge numbers.

They are also seldom seen outside trade hubs and the major trade routes. Avoiding Marmite and PIRAT are easy.

Nobody is claiming that one activity should be above another. And I am not arguing that people should not be allowed to war-dec. It has its place. However, there is no respite from the war-dec process. And you can find yourself in a permanat state of war in highsec. At that point, there is little distinction between lowsec and highsec. Even POS’s have certain timers when they are vulnerable. What I am suggesting is that a similar situation applies to war-deccing, so that one is not permanently at war.

Yes, we have recruited some PVP players. No we don’t have a lot of money. If we did, we could afford to hire mercenaries :-). But at that point, we are just funding other’s people’s gameplay no? How would you feel if you were forced to fund other player’s mining ops?

Yes, all of these we are either doing or we have considered. However, when your corp has a lot of new players, it means that they have to change direction that they were planning on going in in terms of skill training. Someone who wants to mine and manufacture now has to change course and take up PVP skills.

Thanks. Your last point nails the issue succinctly.

Again, at no point did I make any claims to entitlement. Nor did I suggest that the sandbox should be without consequences. However, when the sandbox becomes biased toward a particular set of circumstances and creates certain outcomes, then it is time to reevaluate some of the mechanics of the sandbox.

And why on earth would we consider not being in a corps? It provides shared hangars, wallets and a range of other benefits beyond a mere chat channel.

Consider joining a strong alliance in nullsec… mining is better and if the system is good you wont be bothered much… you cant stop someone to dec war on you

Thanks mate; we do all of that. It still doesn’t change the underlying issue of a mechanic that allows for virtually a permanent state of war without any clear-cut victory/defeat criteria and timers to allow for respite between wars.

Starting a player-corp and moving to nullsec is actually the way of saying “we’re ready universe, bring it on!”. Running a small player-corp in highsec with man new players is most definitely not.

Yeah, did think of that; my corp mates don’t want the drama of nullsec.

You make good points. We don’t just mine; we also manufacture. The corp structure allows for various shared benefits for this. I don’t support the idea of immunity from war and I wouldn’t want highsec to be entirely a care-bear environment. Personally, I enjoy a bit of PVP with an alt. The issues with my suggestions that you raise aside, there must be some way of tweaking the war-deccing mechanic so that we don’t have a situation where veteran griefers with a lot of isk permanently “club seals” in high-sec.

Not the way you’re suggesting.

Fixed that for you

You want the benefits of being in a corp? You need to accept the risks. You must be pissing people off to get perma wardecced.

Whining on forums about wardecs will also cause this.

Either Hi-sec wardec’s go or Eve goes. Destroying the grassroots development of any community as wardec’s do makes anything else, like alpha clone introduction development, redundant. As a new player of three months whom wardec’s no longer impact this is so painfully obvious it is laughable. I see an old community who’s opinion on the issue is blinded by their experience, they are the ones who stayed not the many more who left because of this chronic problem.

The simple solution which is not mine is corps can only be wardec’s who have structures in space. We’ve tried everything else so let’s have a poke at the elephant in the room before it perma newbie grief wardec’s us all.

Yeah! You tell 'em m8!
STRIKE! STRIKE!

Everyone who wants wardecs removed should quit until CCP changes things!

Yes, please do. CCP will quickly realize all the time and money they wasted catering to the 110% safety crowd.

It doesn’t take any reason really to permadec a corp. Some people just like permadeccing a corp for the lols and see if the mark caves under pressure.

1 Like