Hisec ratting fit?

What’s a good beginner / low-level ratting fit for highsec? I want to have my alt find a steady income stream.

1 Like

If you dont have the knowledge to come up with your own, you should probably join a corp.

1 Like

Honestly, I would think an algos with drones and a couple of salvage modules, ratting and salvaging doing low level spawns (stay away from forsaken), and a MTU to pull your prizes in, you’ll make more per hour then any low level activity I can think of.

3 Likes

cormorant is way better than algos. no delay to shoot, warp in and kill the rats that are in your optimal.

1 Like

Gnosis.

1 Like

Yeah, I used to use long range destroyers for killing spree back before they nerfed the rewards. They would plow through low level anoms (i.e. hidden hideaways), and could even run the tougher ones (make sure to take out missile turrets and then gun turrets first, as they have really long range).

Here’s one such fit as an example.

• You’ll effectively be range tanking, so you really don’t need a lot of tank. For the catalyst, I went with a lone DCII. But you could also do something like a shield extender and a resist rig for the rats in your space on the Cormorant, which would leave both low slots open for damage mods.
  • Got a prop mod for when I need to mitigate damage (i.e. orbiting turrets).
  • Low Friction Nozzle Joints reduce align time, and the Hyperspat increases warp speed. This minimizes time flying around, and maximizes time shooting.
  • This fit can be flown by an alpha, but you might need to drop some mods to compact variants depending on your CPU skills.
  • Oh, and one cool thing about using a catalyst is that sometimes people will get skiddish and warp out, letting you finish the site without competition.
Kiting Catalyst

[Catalyst, Skilling Spree Alpha]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script

125mm Railgun II, Spike S

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

Javelin S x1000
Spike S x10000

I’m not sure if such destroyers would survive escalations (such as the Serpentis Narcotics Warehouse), but I do know that kiting tristans work. Regardless, the loot from these things can get up to 200mil (the average loot drop is probably closer to like 25-50mil), so you don’t want to pass up on them.

If you do any ratting in belts, always kill any faction rats first (i.e. Shadow Serpentis Whatever). This is because faction rats can warp off if you kill their wingmen (well, that’s what I heard, I actually haven’t tested it). Of course, I’m not sure belt ratting is worth it in HS. IDK.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.