The Best PvE Lowsec Belt-Ratting Ship?

Hello. I’ve been asking around for a long time for the “best” lowsec ratting ship, there has been a lot of answers, but I’d like to see what you guys think here on the forums. I know there isn’t really a “best” lowsec belt ratting ship in general, it mostly depends on your skills.
I’m an alpha with most skills trained up in Caldarian/Gallente ships and Small Blaster Specialization/Small Hybrid Turrets. But if there is another ship better than whatever’s best for my skills, I’d be happy to train those required skills up.
Also, if you recommend a ship I would very much appreciate if you drop a fit specifically for belt ratting (lowsec), its been a little hard trying to find them.

Cheers!

I personaly use a thrasher (minmatar) with full artillery weapon loaded with titanium cabot. They melt serpentis ship that is a pleasure :slight_smile:

I like cheap glass cannons so I fly a polarized Praxis. Stupid DPS(1300?) for about 125M. I hunt Angels and mining fleets so I run into all typs of ships.

The Praxis is a fantastic ship BUT only after CCP gives them away…you can get them for 60-70M and that’s pure value there…plus it’s low SP friendly!

The fit is pretty simple and you can figure that out…

For low sec, most T1 destroyers and cruisers are viable. The Algos is very cost-effective for the dps it puts out. I use this in Serpentis space. Use the drones to attack frigates while your slow Algos takes on heavier targets with its blasters. Orbit at close range of clone soldiers and battleships so you get under their guns.

[Algos, LS Serpentis ratter - blaster]

AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Medium Shield Extender II

Light Ion Blaster II, Null S
[Empty High slot]

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I

Hammerhead II x2
Hobgoblin II x3

Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-602

If you’re omega, then the T3 destroyers are best. I’d go with the Jackdaw, but the Hecate is also good, and very agile. It can bypass gate camps since it can align under 2 seconds under speed mode.

1 Like

yea… catalist with short range blasters…

For the skills you mentioned it sounds like a rail cormorant or blaster catalyst is what you’re looking for

1 Like

Sorry but may I know the fit. Did you use blasters?

After hours upon hours of belt ratting, i prefer designing the ship for ease of use. And so, i prefer medium railguns due to that i can land on the site, not have to move or maneuver my ship at all, lock, kill, and warp to the next one…all while laying out half reclined and requiring only a mouse hand. Obviously not in a hostile system, or when the warp disruptering rats have spawned…and other turret types that allow for longer range combat will work fine…but anything to make the grind seem like less of a grind is best imho.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.