Hot Dropping Shenanigans?

Personally I’ve never understood the hatred of caps a lot of people have. I guess people hate what kills them, but then why not hate frigs, cruisers, etc. because more people die to those than anything else.

There is a certain segment of players who hate ‘big’ ships. There was a lot of hate some years back against battleships, a lot of agitation on the forums, etc. “Bigger should not be better! Blah blah blah…” Nevermind the fact that what they wanted was “smaller is better.” Regardless, CCP responded, and battleships were put in a bad place in my opinion. Then everybody started flying cruisers, jackdaws, and whatever else. Not me. I wanted to fly battleships, and that’s what I still fly. Damn the meta.

Well here it is all over again. Same thing, but instead of complaining about the other big ships (battleships), this time it’s capships. “Waah! Too big! People hot drop on me! Waah!” And when caps are nerfed, those of us to aspire to sit in an ‘end-game’ ship will just have one less thing to aspire to, and one less reason to log in and play.

I don’t get your beef. So you got hot dropped, and you’re pissed. Well why is it any different than getting ganked by a tengu? Why is it any different than getting killed by a gatecamp? A station camp? Caught by a saber? Seriously, why is it different?

You say you want to remove HAWs from dreadnoughts. So if your subcap had been killed by a carrier, would it be any different? Or would you demand fighters be nerfed so they couldn’t kill subcaps?

What if I demanded that subcaps be nerfed so that they couldn’t threaten capships?

1 Like