How many Titans?

2 contradicting quotes right there.

And that you enjoy it is not a surprise. You had the entire universe staging a war against you after all. :roll_eyes:

It’s also not about adapting to change, it’s about how much of a cancer titans, supers and rorqs are for the health of the cluster. But in some way I also hope it goes the full way through and we will have a PIBC situation on TQ as well. And then CCP hopefully goes bankrupt over their incompetence.

how is that at all contradictory? Panfam have been THE dominant cap and supercap force for the past decade or so. they where virtually untouchable based on reputation alone. and they have always fostered a culture of elitist selective, but generally highly competent pvpers.
goons meanwhile are comparatively new to capitals, for their mainline pilots at least, so they aren’t going to be nearly as experienced, many are probably still cutting their teeth on their first taste of using them in combat.

goons vs bob was, a closed group of elitist pvpers with lots of experience and competence that everyone believed was untouchable but where unwilling or unable to adapt to the changing meta in the game. vs relative newcomers with very little experience who where still cutting their teeth on combat.

its practically the exact same scenario all over again, only difference is that this time the ships are slightly bigger than rifters.

my excitement is over something big and fun actually happening in the game again. its been stagnant for far too long. I mean, NC actually undocked, thats big damn news!

You mean the excitement gets aborted every time these “slightly bigger” things get used, one way or another. And NC undocked? The last 2 times Goons attacked the north, NC and Co undocked so much stuff that goons decided 2 times to rather stay docked and complain about how they get outblobbed. Even when NC staged some shenanigans in Querious, they undocked just as much as CFC. Not sure where you get your history from that NC stays docked.

CFC is just as experienced with capitals as Panfam is. They had more than enough experience honing their fighter management skills and DD aiming skills in Havens and Sanctums, as well as camping gates and PR-, not to mention their funny no shows in 9-4 and the last Tribute assault. There’s not even a rush of quick actions because most of the fights are in 10 % tidi. And Panfam also has a lot of newer players from Pandemic Horde, which have just about the same level of experience. CFC also has had a lot of capitals when they held the north. They just decided to not use them to have fun back then. The comparison and depiction as CFC being inexperienced noobs and Panfam being experienced elitists couldn’t be further from the truth. They are both the same. With one difference: Thje number of titans.

damn, the salt is strong with you aint it. yes, NC will undock when pushed too it. but its no secret that they haven’t been NEARLY as aggressive with their capitals as they used to be. I never said they couldn’t use them, just that I’ve got some doubts about if their skills are quite as sharp as they should be. especially now that they are fighting outnumbered.

honestly I think the biggest wildcard in this whole thing is holy coalition. they have proved that they are DAMN good at what they do (honestly fighting against them in the drone wars reminded me of old PL/NC) and being able to take the dronelands practically on their own is no small feat. they are also the new kids on the block when it comes to major sov holders (not saying they are new players or inexperienced, but afaik this is their first real stab at becoming a major sov power) so they also have the most to prove and the most to loose.

I’m excited to see how it all shakes out, no matter who wins.

Considering that HC is a few hundred wormhole people, they have nothing to lose and all the things to gain. If someone went for Drone Lands again to take it from them, they would have already recovered all the cost and earned a massive profit from all the renter income. And they would just go back to W-space completely until the next weak ratter coalition takes roots there. :smile:
It is, however, a very strong show of dedication if a few hundred wormholers with a few super capitals can bring down an organization of 20000 chars with a lot more supers and, theoretically, combat pilots.

When it comes to how things turn out: What has really changed in the Drone Lands in particular? It changed hands from one renting empire to another. At least in that regard not much has changed.

yeah, drone lands haven’t changed that much, just the name of the landlord. but thats the way sov changes almost always go “meet the new boss, same as the old boss”. but they bring some serious skill that has been recently tested and proven to the panfam/NC side of things, might even be enough to make up for some of that difference between supercap numbers. and I have mad respect for any group that is able and willing to mix things up like that. (who says there is no room in null for smaller and newer groups to make a name anymore)

as I said though, this war is mostly a rehash of the same old conflicts just with slightly different banners. but its still nice to see the universe in flames again. war is the beating heart of eve, and it looked like it might need to go on life support for a while there, so its good that its back. I look forward to hopefully at least a few more months of fights, maybe we can break some more records. who wins in the end doesn’t really matter to me.

What is exciting about blobb vs blobb in 0.6 frames per second “fights”?

1 Like

on its own, not much. but war is about more than just individual fights. if we compare it to say chess, a fight is like one side taking the others piece. some pieces are going to be more important than others, but taken in isolation and without context its still going to be rather boring. but in the greater context its what makes it interesting (ever seen a chess game between two overly cautious players who just move pieces around without ever really engaging… its dull as shit… we just call it blueballing)

One of the things I never liked about nullsec. Back in 2008 when I lived in the north, I imagined that all that increased amount of isk you can make was for rapid replacement gangs, where you could go out there with a handful of buddies and yolo your ships into someone who wanted to fight back.
A handful of corpmates finally convinced me to fly with them on a roam to Tribute or Geminate and we went from gate to gate and ran into a rupture - content.
Everyone was approaching and killing that rupture and I thought to myself, oh man if that is the magical pvp that everyone is raving about, I want nothing to do with it.
There was nothing exciting or enticing about approaching one boat with 6 boat and annihilating it. The other way around would have been interesting to watch and listing on comms because now you have a puzzle to solve - how in the world did dat dood kill all 6 of us and live to tell the tale.
EVE was very different then. Now with cheat stix, spam-a-dels and sooper doopers being baked in 2 weeks instead of 6 months, nobody wants to on a roam with 6x tech 1 cruisers because you know you cannot win any fight or get kills. You will be bot-reported 50 regions away and all the carebears tether themselves to safety and wait until they can get back to bot-farming-online.

One or two titans will ever be built if any CCP said. Skip ahead a little and voilĂĄ, the cheat-stix noobs can yolo their titans on a roam, that nobody but them will survive.

Maybe you did notice that there is no counter-play when the first 59024057248057018574 sooper doopers and dreads get dropped on you and you ask yourself why you undocked in the first place.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.