How much does player skill matter?

Experience and routine wins.
I’m quite sure a pro in a T1 frig still can still kill me in my Battlecruiser within a minute. He knows how to fit this ship to make me even slower, were my ship’s vulnerable, and what modules to use when, where and how long. I try to lock. orbit and shoot, but have to think about the huge signature size because of my mwd, the optimal range of my ammo, did I load the right ammo anyway, and wtf is that ray meaning he emmits at my ship? What does overheating help? And why is my Capacitor already empty, so my repairers are just denying to work when I desperatly need them?
Fighting that way is not very successful (surprise), no matter what ship my pod is set in and what skills my character has already trained.
So either I’m still just a noob, or I’m a lousy fighter. Future will tell, probably both :wink:

arghh, forgot to launch my drones…