How to pass a camped gate with a covert ops

Yeah that’s fair, though I’ve never really suffered much from instalockers I always put it down to my close proximity to the server or something. I can’t remember the last time anyone managed to get a lock in before I cloaked on a gate.

With that said, the larger hull does carry much additional risk when compared to a frigate size cloaky for sure. I wouldn’t recommend my method as a general rule without all the extra scouting and prep.

EDIT : For the new players, “nulified” means a ship is invulnerable to non targeted interdiction (warp disruption bubbles) and so do not need to avoid bubbled gates etc.

2 Likes

You sir make a very good point. thanks for sharing!

Is the nullified aspect from the basic ship or from mods that go on it?
I’m new and researching like a fiend and that’s the first I’ve heard of that term.
Ty for sharing your experience

2 Likes

Good question dude. It depends on the hull really. For instance, Interceptors (T2 Frigate Hull) are natively nulified as part of the base stats. T3 cruisers on the other hand are composed of 4 subsystems which are interchangable and have a large effect on the base stats and slot layout / number of the hull itself. In the case of a T3 cruiser you have to have the Interdiction Nulifier subsystem fitted in order to gain the effect.

Feel free to ask anything else, this is the correct forum for it and I’m always happy to help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.