How to stop Vanguard download

I ve started downloading Vanguard (new launcher). The download has already reset to zero % 3 times. I want to stop the download, but I can’t figure out how. I don’t see a stop button anywhere. I just want the launcher to stop loading the game. I have a rather weak Wi-Fi Internet and this download simply eats up all my speed.

3 Likes

Please respond with a solution. Been having this issue for over 9 hours now.

Would love to play EvE…who set this up to block us out when the Vanguard launcher fails???

2 Likes

I would close the launcher and use the old one

Same problem here : downloaded all night and still at 4.92 GiB / 12.28 GiB @ 1.27 kiB/s…

1 Like

same here

dl resets after serval of hours and start from zero, the log show always the same error

2023-12-06 23:20:16.692 app info: [save-as] Retrying download of 50skills Careers (attempt 1) aborted f [StreamError]: aborted
at IncomingMessage. (C:\Users\xXx\AppData\Local\eve-online\app-1.0.2\resources\app.asar.webpack\main\index.js:8:2840886)
at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:513:28)
at IncomingMessage.emit (node:domain:489:12)
at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:157:8)
at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:122:3)
at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21) {
code: ‘ECONNRESET’,
errno: undefined
}

would be nice if we get a stop button …

Here’s what I do to stop it.

• Highlight a non-vanguard slot in the account / launcher;

• Close the launcher, including system tray;

• Wait a minute and restart the launcher;

At that point, the vanguard download should be paused until you click on the vanguard character slot again.

2 Likes

Any torrent link? Btw, great launch, CCP.
asdas2343242d

1 Like

Is this working any better.

I had intended to try Vanguard out…but now I am not willing to risk locking myself out of EvE due to this issue.

2 Likes

As of 0800 PST it is still not working, just downloads and restarts over and over again

i got locked out

cant play eve or vanguard now.

launcher is in an infinite loop downloading and installing

even worse. cant uninstall it, after its done!

Got as high as 10GB…then failed again and restarted. Went to another site with better internet…same issue

Also, have an issue getting verifications to recover accounts. Yahoo is not delivering the emails. Devs are ignoring all requests for help.

What is going on? I would have told folks that support for EvE is exceptional. It is failing the communty this week.

My download isn’t restarting but jumping all over the place. For example, going from 6 Gb downloaded to 2, to 10, and over again. I should have logged into Eve beforehand, but guess I just miss out on the daily reward now.

Same issue here. Pretty much decided I will not be able to play Vanguard.

In the hub bub I lost all my accounts…recovered all but one. No customer support from CCP.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.