HUD Feedback Thread!

imma just get my thoughts out here… not intrested if ppl agree or not

I do not like this new hud, it looks cheap & tacky like a mobile game, it’s overly complex and distracting, the overheat system is just as bad as the orginal but now with two distractions alone there going on, and now u have a mini map?

i don’t get it & Deffo dont bloody like it, sorry dev team but please give us the option to use the orginal hud in the settings before forcing us to use this new garbage.

last thing any of us want is to have to relearn how to fly our ships while combating WH or null fights ..

naw pass please, keep this for the nerds who play on test servers, going off the other threads your majority hate it!

6 Likes

Will the drone’s HUD be updated? It looks really ugly, like a folder. I think it could definitely be more polished. When I first started using it, I had no idea about some of its hidden features. Besides, its UI clickable elements are too small and barely distinguishable. I have to hover my mouse over them to figure out what each function does. I hope it can take inspiration from the top bar of the Edge browser.:face_blowing_a_kiss:

Overload UI. The original circular progress bar is easily obscured by the highlight UI ring for weapon activation, making it impossible to see how much overload is remaining. You have to rely entirely on combat experience. Why not add a bar‑style progress indicator displayed on the side? Even a miniature one would work.

And the drone system needs updates…because as it is right now…minimized size screen…have a huge problem interacting with the scroll UI elements of teeny tiny minimized UI bits.

The current system for overheating…is fine…the future version…is loaded with problems.

The overheat bar…for a rack…fills up damage increases as time goes on. Then each module shows in damage blocks as the damage progresses.

This why I have wondered about adding new modules and mechanics/ammo [like coolant purge] to increase delay time on overheat. Or “overclock/heat recycling” where as heat ramps…damage to modules increase…but damage spikes as well.

Overheating could use alot of unique mechanics itself. But that is besides the point.

The new UI…on the front is problematic. The main issue was the rack overheat buttons were too small…and sometimes do not properly interact…or delay. Overheat also doesn’t work until a cycle finishes…so there is some weird issues with graphical contextual ques. There have been times where I have activated overheat…or thought I deactivated it when I had not…so the UI needs a little work on that front.

The New system as displayed…isn’t beneficial for tracking damage to modules or really showing what is going on. The Overheat function will be misleading and lead to alot of people losing modules for no reason.

It will be opt-in at first, to use the new one, then you gotta opt out. Based on them receiving feedback its gonna be months before this is finalized.

yeah…I am still miffed by how one could take a working thing like this.


And say lets trash this…and make it unusable for any other ship…or so bugged and limited.

LIke the Mining Survey Chipset is inferior in data and information to the Mining Survey Scanner. And alot of people are not talking about how the data can only be seen on locked rocks. Which hurts alot in Triglavian minor victories and Pochven. [Penalties to targets locked] Where as the survey scanner was a radius from your ship…and some ships. Porpoise/ORCA/Rorqual had bonuses to increase the range…so Mining Foreman Players could do stuff like ID particular rocks for their fleet.

This is why I have alot of concerns with Fenris UI design concepts.

Heck you can adjust the UI a few direction…upscale the buttons. And boom…you can test that pretty fast. No need to go hammer and tongs with overly complicated UI…that will probably have problems with the Python migration issue.


Is it that hard…to just experiment with some simple tweaks first? [Check the feedback…on SISI…and go from there.]
Before going Thors hammer on the UI?

3 Likes

Since the HUD is going to be updated, shouldn’t the new‑player tutorial be updated as well? New players need to understand what each UI element does.

The current UI is somewhat acceptable for players coming from mobile games, but it is overwhelming for total newcomers with zero EVE experience. Take the Career Agent Programme for instance. When I was a brand‑new player, I could not get the hang of the game at all without in‑game guidance from corporation members. In reality, most new players start out playing solo with no help from anyone. If FC wants to boost new‑player retention, this issue deserves serious consideration?

More like counting…people who are curious as “successes” to force opt in.

They need to have a opt-in testing phase. With actual surveys that are linked to accounts. If a large portion of the testers are honest and not drinking the koolaid, and giving honest feedback.

Then fine, they can go ahead with their tests. But I would like to say…they will have to give classic hud…to give buffer for players. [Especially old players returning from their breaks. I can see how traumatic a UI change could be to returning playerbase.]

We want this to be with purpose and aim…not “change for change sake”

1 Like

That is a huge problem, that is concerning itself.

Because basic tutorial hud training is very important to alot of MMOs.

EVE hasn’t exactly explained or had an interactive tutorial on this matter if at all. And the cinematic NPE isn’t really a good options. The older Concord NPE [circa 2020…did explain the basics fairly decent…still kind of barebones.]

I agree with that, old HUD should be preserved. We still have the option to use the old Map in the settings menu, make the same for the HUD once Beta is over.

2 Likes

dude, just stfu.. its gonna roll out the same way photon did.. people can opt in to try the new hud give feedback and watch it change little by little… then some point down the road in a month or two or 3, it will be opt out. to give ppl a chance to try it as they still work on it.. then it will be available to all.

1 Like

Oh my? They haven’t changed it with the new Exodus Region? Let me see, I made my last account about 1 year after I started playing here in 2023, my 3 boys on the second account are 2024. I assumed they would have updated the tutorial after adding Extortium to the mix, since that is the NPE ( new player experience ). Exodia must be full of newbies, not that I hang out there, I still drop in at the old schools to do the career quests for fun. I imagine this winter they will want to remove those as well.
:zipper_mouth_face:

Well you know that statement is false. What could maintenance cost on a graphic, they haven’t touched for years? I was with another MMO that kept us “grandfathered” into certain aspects of the game, whenever they made updates. I now miss that attention to detail here. Grandfathered means no brand new accounts would get the old stuff.

Well now to address the developers on this HUD, but John told me yesterday ( several times ) not to bother them, since they won’t bother listening to me. I will make this last attempt to appeal to them as human beings.

I know, I am not your target audience. I don’t pay you. I am just an old woman with both feet in the grave and one day, some other player might ask, Whatever happened to that Princess Rose Ivory? I am certain you won’t miss me, since this rose is only a thorn in your side.

I have been around the sun too many times, in my experience with online games, you are setting yourself up for a fall. You approached the cream of the crop at the 26 Fanfest, because they have the means to travel to Iceland, buy tickets, purchase overpriced merchandise, and most importantly agree with everything you tell them.

However they are not the majority of your players. Even the voices in this forum are not the majority of your players. As I gaze into my crystal ball, this old witch will tell you, your future relies on those who haven’t played this game. You can and have lured players with the advertisements showing people walking about in stations and even interacting with others.

My sage advice to you is stop. Stop making it about marketing, UI, HUDs, and new player experience. Make the game about people, because this is suppose to be a social game. Your game should focus on the players, not on what some tiny focus group thinks will make people buy your omega and plex. The tiny focus group already bought in, you have them. You need to get the crowbar into the wallets of people like me – which isn’t that hard according to my husband – and I have been here for 3 years. I should have spent at least a dollar here by now. A new HUD isn’t doing it.

Have fun!

3 Likes

CCP forcing ■■■■ on players has been on the known issues as long as I have played. Obviously CCP is making a huge statement right now, their name change didn’t change this fact anymore than it changed their marketing strategies.

Begging them for opt out options, has been ignored or laughed at in nearly all cases, you can look at the map for one that was kind of given, and how they keep breaking the old map with minor changes to reduce the usefulness gap until people just give in. They havent made a GUI upgrade since 2015, everything has worked worse.

4 Likes

i have a character do almost all things, now 4k space is not enouh

If it does, it’s bound to be a disaster, as Photon still has tons of issues and keeps adding new issues with every new feature. This is not the positive argument you think it was. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There needs to be a list of these ui elements in the menu in neocom so people can find them, turn them on after they close them

FENRIS CREATIONS HUD UI CHANGE IS SUPERB,

while, Yours - Princess Rose Ivory AI-HUD, is ugly.

1 Like

The worst problem is how we have this absolute confusion with the Photon UI. Agency/ Opportunities/ Faction Warfare/Campaign UI redundancy.

Its frustrating, how they have good stuff and working stuff…and it just gets trashed so fast for “hip and updated” “change for change sake” concepts. Instead of iteration on already working systems.

And then obvious things…like oh…you added a new achievement system…but forgot the tracking function for the players so they can check off…what they have done??? [region/constellation…those obvious things particularly with the map travel achievements]

It is frustrating to watch…even for a player inside 5 years, how much “negative progress” has happened.

1 Like

Biggest issue I have is with the HP Bar scaling. At the moment it’s proposed as being proportional to raw HP of the ship, and while at surface level it makes sense, it will only really work for raw buffer ships. Looking at active repair ships, this will be anywhere from not helpful to outright bad.

Some examples:

Shield Ishtar - 26% of hp is in shield, 43% in hull

Armor Deimos - 26% hp in armor, 44% in hull

Active Phoenix - 35% hp in shield, 35% hp in hull

The bars for these ships will look extremely bouncy and hard to estimate how much actual repairs you need.

This goes double for any hulltank + anci ship such as blaster eni/comet.

Notice majority of what I mentioned is Gallente, it appears that most Gallente active tanked hulls in particular will see a lot of poor experience since they’re so hull-heavy.

4 Likes