that is correct
I take your reactions as yes, clear admission of you admiring the new UI but too stubborn to openly admit it, no other reason for such outburst of emotions. ![]()
![]()
i wish that it would never go to that stupid one that fenris is calling good, IT IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!
Look at the bright side, you can keep a copy of the old UI in-game:
![]()
I mean the whole thing, they are ruining a perfectly good HUD with rubbish that even ai can trump.
You should voice your disdain on r/Eve too, that’s where the devs tend to be active instead of their own forum (here). ![]()
![]()
i don’t do reddit or facebook or any social media like that, only these forums, not even the chat ingame
Some related threads just for reference / reading (for you and anyone else)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1vyycie/new_hud/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1vyybyb/eve_evolved_the_new_hud_dev_chat/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1vzd1g3/fcplease_new_hud/
![]()
will not open exterior links, i don’t want viruses
I dont think this Bar size based on amount is helpful in any way. I still cant tell how much is that. Yes i could turn on amounts probably and try to read that. But there is a way simpler solution that could have worked with the curent hud as well.
The current hud is already segmented. Eltho those segments dont really mean anything. Maybe you can attach a precentile to each one but generally not useful.
The new one is way too simple/smooth. Doesnt really tell me anything other than i have more shields than armor or any of these combinations.
What i would like to see is segments based on amount in each category. So by a glace you know if you have 3 segments total how many hp is that or if you have 2 of 3 how many is that.
For example
You have
10k Shield
4k Armor
4k Hull

With segments being 1k or 500 or perhaps a changeable setting.
I can look at this and know if i have 5 segments left i have 5k hp.
Other than that the Overload looks way more confusing then it is now.
PS: I have no idea where peak recharge is on the new kidney shaped shield indicator unless a peak recharge indicator is planned imissed somehow.
PLS! make sure the modules have some kinda solid background. being color blind i can not see if modules are overheating/active in most cases. even with color blind settings in turned on. Have same issue with cursor. i CONSTANTLY lose my cursor on screen.
this new HUD is still terrible.
This is from @FC_junison who is not on the forums apparently
@CCP_Junison ah, still got CCP tag.
anyway this was on the discord for the HUD feedback
Alright, finally had time to sit down and get back to you all. Been a busy day.
Again, love seeing this discussion. It’s awesome working on something people are this passionate about and are willing to spend their time giving feedback on. We don’t take that for granted.I wanted to touch on some of the bigger themes I’m seeing. If you feel like I’ve missed something, let me know and I’ll get back to it.
Proportional HP
We’re hearing that proportional HP can make the smaller layers harder to read, especially for things like bleed-through and active tanking. That’s useful feedback and we’ll look at how we can keep the benefits of proportional HP without losing that combat readability.
There have also been some cool ideas in the thread around segmentation and different display options. This might be another good case for customization. We’ve explored things like having HP and capacitor as bars instead, so there may be room to let players choose a style that works better for them.
It’s also good to see that some people are positive about proportional HP, so I don’t think this is necessarily one answer for everyone. Love the alarm trigger idea as well. We’ll also look at making numerical values for shield, armor and hull toggleable.
Customization and screen space
This is probably a theme that runs through almost every part of the HUD.
If the map isn’t useful to you, you should be able to hide it. If you prefer a different HP display, we should look at allowing that. If you need more space, having compact versions of components makes sense. I also saw the suggestion around changing the opacity of module backgrounds, which I really like. We’re very aware of screen space and are keeping it in mind with everything we’re doing. This is exactly why getting this feedback now is so useful.Heat and module states
On heat, we’re hearing support for making it easier to understand, but there are good concerns around clearly seeing heat damage and making sure overloading doesn’t become more cumbersome.
Shift-click on modules will stay, and we’ll keep looking at the other interactions as we get further into production and can properly play with them.
The heat icon in the concept is a placeholder, not a final asset, but the feedback around what it communicates is noted.There are also some really good thoughts around module states. Sven Bauer, love the mockup you shared. It’s similar to some things we’ve explored as well. We’ve also noted the feedback around showing the state between clicking a module and the server acknowledging it in TiDi.
Minimap
Awesome seeing the discussion around this. There’s clearly different levels of interest in the different map modes, which is useful for us to understand.
As mentioned in the blog, it will have on-grid, system and metro states, and the map itself can be hidden if it doesn’t help you. Longer term we’d also like to explore adding more functionality to it, so if there is something you’d find useful in a map like this then let us know.Visual style
We’re hearing the concern that some of the concepts feel a bit too minimal or flat, and for some of you feel like it’s starting to drift into mobile territory rather than feeling distinctly EVE. Visual style is always going to be personal, but there’s enough consistency in that feedback that we’ll take it seriously as we keep developing the look.
A few extra bits
On booster slots, we’re thinking about expanding what they can do over time. I saw someone mention Ammo selection, that’s a good example of something we could potentially add later.
Performance is also a top priority for us. We want to make sure these changes don’t negatively affect gameplay.
Thanks again for all the feedback. We are keeping an eye on everything that’s coming in but it can be hard to answer everything, thanks for your patience.
I am so glad we agree, the Fenris HUD is beyond ugly, and there is no way Fenris used AI to build it. It is refreshing to have so many people in agreement here on this thread.
John is telling us there is no point to this thread, I think the topic is meant to unite the players with pitchforks and torches. @Drosera_Binata I never thought of blackmail as an option. I would call their bosses and give them a piece of my mind but ever since PA dumped them, I can’t do that any more.

Have fun!
looks like if you read the above post from Junison
they are taking feedback seriously about the HUD.
Another thing I’d like to add, is that I think it would cultivate a lot of goodwill if this idea would change so that those who want to can keep using the old UI forever. I imagine that can’t be that hard?
In my mind, giving players options is generally a good thing. That’s a big part of the appeal of EVE for me: charting your own path, Freedom of choice.
And I reckon a lot of the hostility, skepticism and fear would just evaporate. I know I would go from feeling wary and concerned about the future of a game I like, to a more open-minded attitude.
It’s hard to be open-minded when you’re feeling worried about losing something you like ![]()
I wished that could be true and done, but over the years i got so many notifications of “we’re sunsetting this and that” due to maintenance cost.
If anyone remembers EVE Anywhere, EVE Portal, EVE Voice, Ingame Browser, Classic Login without the Launcher, and back then most hurting, the loss of Directx 9 and 32bit support, just to name a few. The full list would be quite long and i didn’t even mention gameplay aspects like POS, Captains Quarter and all the other stuff that was abandoned.
100% on the booster slots being part of the UI.
Need a new drone widget for sure.
And the horizontal scroll bar for the Agency.
I am more concerned about the booster slot idea as it was pitched…because I am seeing a rather disturbing pattern of simplification that gives bot coders alot of room to operate.
I understand alot of confusion about boosters…Why hasn’t there been a number marker on the icons on in the corner of them to denote which slot they affect?
And also the timer at the top left of the game system…is also confusing…because it requires mousing over to see what effects are happening. It might be better to put a multi booster icon tab up at the top. So you can see which boosters are counting down…individually. [This would promote better reload/booster usage micro.]
I get the idea with the simple…push one button take all your drugs…but the current pitched system…is bot magnetic extraordinaire. I am very opposed to it. Especially if it allows people to script the current 4/5 hour drugs in sequence. Doing with Volatile/Normal[Synth/Standard/Strong] Boosters would still be bottable…but its alot of clicking that would get the bot “hopefully” detected.
And the fact this would massively buff multiboxing…allowing them to further increase the lethality of such ship balls…isn’t a good move.
There has to be a system…like container that you need to install on the ship…before you get that option.
Even better yet…Why hasn’t Fenris even considered a skill…to “open slots” for boosters? [Standard training boosters won’t be affected by this skill. But as you skill up to 5 Booster Multi-Injection (1-5) you can inject upwards of 5 total boosters. Advanced Multi-Injection…(Up to 10.)
We also might want to have a discussion on booster slot mechanics. Since we have gaps in boosters…and could probably see some more adjustments to that.
There are other problems and solutions to the issue.
And probably balancing considerations.