HUD Feedback Thread!

Yeah, overheat damage on passive modules is absolutely vital to know. No good if your Extender burned out on you without you realizing.

I do think it might make sense to be able to selectively choose which passives should show though - many are simply irrelevant because they’re not in range of heating damage.

3 Likes

or maybe that new hud should be for vision impaired people or something like that

the link is in there, take a look :slight_smile:

Games can do that.

yeah, but i just want to have an option to keep the old hud

At this point, Fenris forcing this layout on us should just be listed under the Known Issues page.

1 Like

I agree for the countries. We in EU use dot as thousands separaror.

It is just that you are not from DEV Team, so would appriciate much more certain (their) response, as I suppose, you are guessing.

I feel that anything new or changed needs a couple of things:

Update intractables/clickables/tokens/icons whatever you want to call them to work like every other OS and devices. When you reinvented the wheel and made things like borders on something not be included to be clickable and forced to be centered instead of able to click and edge, this was a relearning experience and annoying to this day. And still probably a turnoff to new players. It is not an improvement over the wheel everyone else uses, please fix that.

It’s gotta be modular and customizable. WE should be able to pick which things WE want or need, and how it looks. There is nothing preventing giving most players who want either the old way, the current way, a new way, or a mix of any to interact with the game. The HUD can be capable of many things, let’s go the extra step and put the work in for modular customization across the board instead of just something a little different. Give it an API and let it be modded. (Honestly rewrite the window interface with a decent API also for the same reason. The transparency exclusions alone are annoying enough to warrant this.)

I enjoy the idea of a new HUD, but please do not give us the same recycled thing in a new package. More options, why a fixed booster selection and maybe consumables later, why isnt ammo even considered. I like the idea of a dock that I could set up in the order/position I would like. It would help so much with selecting the wrong thing. Not being able to easily select the speed I wanna move myself at has always been a miss imo. These things are great, give us MORE.

I cannot stress this enough. Dont design it for us, give us the options to create what we want and need or all the different ways we can think of to use the HUD. Dont repackage, give us a system to pick and choose, color and skin, and mod our own HUD.

3 Likes

still don’t like the new HUD

1 Like

Ever since that change, it makes mining in any other than a venture or pioneer pointless. I stated in other topics, this feels like Fenris making it mandatory that mining is only done in ORE mining ships and nothing else. Before this change, people could mine in any hull, no matter the purpose meant for that hull. It was a true sandbox game until then.

Some of my friends have eluded this new HUD was made with the assistance of AI. However I cannot see that as plausible, since I asked Duck AI to make a better HUD for EVE Online and got better results with the brainless AI.

Shared Duck.ai Chat

See there, this wasn’t some brainless AI that made this HUD, it was 100% the developers. Now you all know who to blame. Go ahead and continue to discuss the HUD, I have to eat lunch.

Have fun!

i would say this last post contributes to the thread Version 24.01 - Cradle of War - Known Issues - EVE Information Portal / Announcements - EVE Online Forums - hope it is a good laugh.

OK fenris, Just tell me this, why do you want to change the Hud, give me 3 good reasons, why the current one is not good enough, and tell me why you can’t keep it as an option instead of getting rid of it.

just keep it as an opt out for the new hud, it isn’t that hard, maybe in another 50 years you change it but it doesn’t have to be now.

Hopefully, your lunch was better than your AI. :joy::rofl::joy:

Your AI HUD is beyond ugly…

GO FC! :clap::+1:

(I wait for the responses of die-hard-fan-boys, vets and multiboxers… ) :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

So, what I got from your last 50 posts is that you don’t like the new HUD. But maybe I am wrong.

i hate it

:-1: -_-:-1:

1 Like

Hihihi… :grin::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Are you sure, maybe he’s just being sarcastic or too shy to admit it that he likes it. :thinking:

:smirking_face: :blush: :popcorn:

1 Like

what do you think, he is already killing me over and over…

1 Like