HUD Feedback Thread!

I agree with you on this, because this also adds a major issue of informational overload.

But since its adaptive…shouldn’t this information also be available to the enemy? Because if not…this UI system is kind of DOA. Because, if the OPFOR can’t see some basic information after getting into an engagement. [Or heck using the ship scanner…which might be interesting because the ship scanner adjusting your target data so you can see their HP bar set up…would be interesting.]

But also I can see where there HP bars, can give away a fit…or even be a way to detect a pod type.

Also there are some fits that deliberately shrink HP…to make reps work better. That kind of contextual data is kind of lost in the concept of this UI. Also passive rep fits as well…some actually shrink the shield HP…but the passive shield rep rate is absurd, but not really shown even in this UI set up.

I would be fine…if the mouse wheel was more interactive with some options…or could be used on grid in manual control.

But I am not sure if that particular Frontier upgrade…will fully integrate into EVE Online just yet.

But yes…manual mouse wheel control of throttle would add some interesting angles to PVP/PVE scenarios for sure.

When you say old HUD, do you mean this one?

4 Likes

no, i mean current one

2 Likes

it is as good as dead now so you can just start calling it old

1 Like

Although the original HUD system had its own charm…immersion level concept.

I wouldn’t be against some throwback concepts being revisited in UI HUD…to kind of tie the eras together. Especially that grid map there…that looks interesting.

pff good luck getting attention on anything that is now considered “closed”, I’m still waiting for a horizontal scrollbar in the horizontal setup of the new compare window, that was perfect as it was but it got changed (and made worse) anyway. That and the deletion on multiple-selected entried were lost as a regression

1 Like

either use this new hud or use exordium, pick one.

The active module cycle looks like a radar. That’s confusing, since it looks like the module is waiting for me to select a target for it. Just have it be filled up to a solid pie if the effect happens at the END of the cycle, or empty from a solid pie if the effect happens at the START of the cycle.

Don’t use the radar line, that’s going to be confusing new players.

1 Like

The metro minimap is great - it has a purpose its bigger brother, the normal map, does not fulfill: It presents only the local connections with nothing but the information a quick glance wants. That it automatically uses the filter you set in the big map is a very, very smart thing.

What is the equivalent purpose of the grid/system minimaps?

What does the system minimap do that the normal system map doesn’t? What will the solar minimap do better for the quick glance?

What does the grid minimap do that just zooming out doesn’t do? What will the grid minimap do better for the quick glance?

These things are very unclear so far.

2 Likes

I like the changes so far - i think you are putting the attention in the right places. Personally I don’t find displaying passive modules has any effect on my situational awareness. Like zero. Only real effect would possibly be to place the module offline or seeing the effects of overheating on the passives.

Nice work so far - I’m not so attached to the nostalgia of the medallion so much as functionality. Make it pretty, make it work.

1 Like

Not sure you will have a choice in the matter unless you are prepared to win EVE. :thinking:

:psyccp:

i really want to get rid of this new hud permanently

1 Like

If you want a HUD that just looks ‘pretty’ and hides passive data, you belong in Exordium. Out in real space, missing passive module data means a dead ship. Bring your pretty HUD to null or a wormhole and let’s test it.

1 Like

I’ll win EVE when my ship blows up in that wormhole deathmatch I challenged the devs to. Until then, they can keep their hands off my HUD.

2 Likes

I’ve heard ScamCitizen will be released soon™ thus you can leave this new HUD behind once it’s added to the live version. :thinking:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :innocent: :ccpguard:

1 Like

I don’t know why you’re under the impression that we won’t be able to see passive modules on the new HUD?

Nah. I said make it work. If passive info is required by real players then by all means keep it.

A very dramatic response. Perhaps more coffee?

1 Like

that is not an impression i am under, but the one guy wants to hide them or something to make it look better, you need information instead of hiding those modules under something else. it is the difference between a good decision and a bad one.

1 Like

i don’t drink coffee, only get angry