HUD Feedback Thread!

Incidentally, this has only become this bad since CCP started to revamp the UI and implemented Photon. The UI was much more responsive and lag-free before that.

2 Likes

I would love if the new HUD also gave a general idea if/how much ammo/reloads are still left, and whether the current clone has any implants or not

1 Like

Would you like it to tell you if other ammo in your cargo would be a better choice for the target you’re shooting too?

The speed indicator needs to have a 75% mark (for those of us in slow ships who need to maintain speed to enter warp as quickly as possible should the need arise).

4 Likes

Ingame it uses the localized/regional formatting from the O/S (as you mentioned), so number formatting ingame is usually easy to understand for everyone. No problem there.

The confusion happens when information and screenshots are shared from different regions. I personally prefer spaces (3 000) for thousand separation if information will be shared widely and the intended audience and their specific formatting will be varied, and not always known beforehand. I learned this from dealing with organizations that set safety standards in various countries. They very often recommend using spaces as thousand separators for technical documentation, certificates of compliance, datasheets, etc. Spaces in numbers are super easy to understand, and basically explain themselves no matter where the reader is from.

Dots and commas in numbers with less than 7 whole/integer digits is easily misunderstood or confusing in different regions (Of course if numbers have 7 or more whole/integer digits the formatting can be deduced). Commas are especially prone to cause confusion because they are also used to separate different numbers, for example if “800, 450” is mistyped as “800,450”.

3 Likes

Old timers?! Take look, I started playing this 2022. I entered when they were discussing replacing the UI with the current crud they call Photon UI. I made several observations in that discussion. Eventually, they took away the option to opt out and, almost 5 years later, we are stuck playing a broken UI. I feel they ignored everything said in that thread by all the users. It will always be, their way or the highway.

So wish granted, they are not listening to you or me or anyone else. This will do nothing to change their opinion on perfection.

o7

2 Likes

you guys are ruining the game, I think that the old HUD should never be changed, it already gets the message across, if the players are too dumb to learn from the tutorial that’s on them!

Just make it so that you can permanent opt out or the new HUD is default for rookies that start playing after this!!!

1 Like

lol, no, no one cares anyway

  • i never thought i would say this, but i miss ccp

I can’t say for how legible and usable it will in in-game, but I don’t like the direction of this design. All those random shape boxes/slots for indicating something is not the way to go. It makes things more complex, whereas the goal should be to simplify things. Currently this looks worse than the Fanfest concept we got.

2 Likes

I must admit that I actually like the basic layout ideas, however, I fear too much UI real estate gets wasted by irrelevant stuff. On my 1680x1080 screen I have about 200x200pixel where I actually see space. the rest is cluttered already by necessary windows, I do hope all the UI elements are scalable individually as global scaling makes many UI elements unreadable

2 Likes

Can we also speak to the problems of new UI HUD systems. Points to the Catalyst Mining Survey Chip change. Where we actually lost alot of data and information, to a weird not really thought out concept?

LIKE
I like the idea of the scan graphics…great…excellent. :white_check_mark:
I like seeing the graphics of mining collection/bonus cycle + residue. :white_check_mark:

DISLIKE
Interactive UI bits that are tied to hull types only. [ORE ships specific] :cross_mark:
Interactive UI bits that are part of hull type…but keybinds for other hulls and cause weird graphical issues and do not work as intended. [Instead of reading mining holds…they read cargoholds etc.] :cross_mark:
Loss of data like m3 of total minerals/ore of the rock/belt in total. :cross_mark:
Changing a working active module to a passive module without real reason. :cross_mark:

This is the problem we are constantly seeing at Fenris. I dislike “Change for Change Sake.”

And in the case of the Mining Survey Chipset…the new interaction concept + graphics could have been just patched into the old active module. And would have given players a better visualization of the old survey scan…and its resultant units of ore and m3 of the belt. [But I am under the impression Fenris removed that…because the Mining community was using that data to show problems with the Residue mechanic and why people stick to factional/T1 mining materials. Don’t want that getting out.] The old system worked fine…simple graphic/interaction patch to a working module would have been fine. [Plus the old mining survey showed all the details units of ores/ice/gas just fine…plus their total belt m3/ distances etc…something now lost with the current system]

This is the problem with Fenris, and I do have my reservations with the new HUD, because I feel its like a group of teenagers who move into an old persons home…and decide to “renovate” the house…because it doesn’t fit their modern sensibilities and creates an unusable/unlivable mess. Instead of the more more slow but deliberate updating process, considering what works already and how it could be updated within reason, and what is “functional” but needs to be replaced or streamlined.

Like Catalyst Update…and the Mining Survey Chipset change. When the old scan worked okay, and could have just had a graphical/interaction change to better explain the modules functionality. Instead of this very clunky and very “artiste” approach to making something new…without really helpfully changing anything. [And even making the situation worse.] Heck the mining chipsets residue and bonus mining…could have been a different set of mining upgrades and rigs. [Something that is continually bypassed by Fenris when dealing with the mining communities lack of content or materials to modify our ships to specific mining specifications.] ← that is real change that is needed in the mining community. Same with upgrades to the specific holds of the already established ships in game.

3 Likes

Fenris’ new HUD looks like it was made by orks from warhammer 40k

2 Likes

I disliked the asymmetrical health hud design. This is not useful for pilots who use active rep fits. Especially it will be very confusing to track armor active rep amount at combat. Not everyone flying with buffer fits.

2 Likes

And the fact that Fenris has made it pretty necessary to keep UI settings as a save file…that we import/export everytime we reinstall EVE on a computer…or after a data wipe. And this new UI is probably going to complicate alot of settings.

I can see why alot of people are not going for it…even though there is some good ideas there. [Which I am fine with new ideas, but there is a lot mroe simplistic/simple ways to fix and change this. Some that don’t require insane amounts of Dev Time, and risk…on top of all the other fun ongoing with the update to newer Python code…a bigger rats nest or crash.]

Coughs in WH40K DW3…graphics and UI differences.

Although I do have to agree…it feels like an alien corporate design, and feels a little out of place to the EVE universe.

2 Likes

agreed

1 Like

Let me use the mouse wheel to scroll the value on the speed-o-meter :slight_smile:

I would like to be able to remove any buttons I wind up never using, to save on space. And not just hide groups of buttons, but individual buttons. Say, I never look at cargo, I’d like to be able to hide that button specifically and move the other utility buttons wherever they take up the least space.

Thanks!