Considering how many things are not fully keyboard shortcutted.
Having considerations of mouse control…or mouse wheel control in the case of throttle…is much more simple.
Although I wouldn’t be surprised if some players have tried EVE with touch screens. [Much more complex…by a yard and a half though.]
The two click…directional alignment system…isn’t really useful in keyboard functionality. Unless its shortkeyed with a manual input azimuth and XYZ inputs. [Which would be even slower.]
Most gaming companies currently don’t care about players with low end hardware or laptop users. The target audience has at least one 4K monitor in their system build.
Sweats…“Accessibility” feels a very dead when you put it in that perspective. [How should new players join this game…when you need a rig to get “functionality”]
Just the laptop is like 2500-3000 [to 4000-5000 now] USD. You are looking at a 5-10K+ rig…at minimum.
And considering how gaming has become an overpriced luxury now due to realities ongoing. Plus some dev groups viewing hardware as “free real estate” instead of optimization and consolidating the “data weight/bloat” that causes alot of games to now be too large. And EVE Online is actually on the heavier size. 50+ GB. [Although its been higher.] There needs to be a recalculation ASAP.
Especially in how this UI will affect lower systems. [And their minimum stats are completely and woefully out of date.]
where the f did you learn that from? most companies understand that not everybody has top tier technology.. EVE is a prime example.. even with 4k monitors or whatever, i guarantee most people drop into potato mode when a huge battle can occur.
most modern gaming companies understand that not every person will have the best tech, so they make it to look great on regular hardware and amazing on 4k.. scalability
If FC only built for 4K and advanced tech, the game would be fundamentally unplayable for everyone when the action actually peaks
Regarding screen real estate, I prefer that the HUD be legible more so than “readable” unless you’re trying to make it into a novel, a story, or poem (e.g. a good read). To elaborate, I’ll provide the example of resorting to use of the magnifier tool built into MS Windows yesterday. That was a first for me in this game which I began playing in the year 2008. I used the tool to read the expiration date of items in the rewards window and also the m3 cargo value in mission assignments. In this sense, legibility is what is key. Avoiding such a problem in a newly designed HUD would be a plus.
Please let us keep the analog style vacuum tube looking capacitor indicator. It is so much more endearing than a flat digital display. When I look at the pictures of the updated hud I see flat digital style icons that display an indicated status. It feels lifeless and minimalist. Like interacting with a touch screen rather than with buttons and dials. The heat indicators are currently both a bar filling up and a needle, making it feel like a gauge instead of a display. We have a system with the capacitor where the smaller a ships capacitor is the less lights are present to indicate a smaller amount, we can use this with the health bars too, instead of this odd new display. Just make the HP bar that has less health than the others have less of the ticks and more space between each tick than the other HP bars that have more quantities available to them.
The velocity bar is great, the new modules buttons look really great and the difference between passive modules and active modules is awesome. I don’t see any complaints there. Moving them near the overview might be odd, I like to have my Dscan in a long window near the overview. Having the ability to separate the modules from the medallion at will in a way similar to how you can remove the fighters control system from the medallion and place it freely makes a bit more sense to me.
The minimap is a great addition, although I use the one in the F11 bar. Maybe you can just update the minimap into there and also give the option to undock elements from that F11 display to place them freely where we please on the screen. That system makes a bit more sense on the approach to your minimap.
Please keep the analog feel to the status displays in the hud.
More reliable for me. Also I can enable 3-5 modules at the same time. Not possible with clicking. Also in TIDI you have plenty of time to stare at HUD and analyze it.
I stared at it and whenever I keyboard key press activated a mod in Tidi, it didn’t activate reliably. Clicking was more consistent. But it’s tidi, so who knows what’s going on anyway.