Hull Tanking

Emergent gameplay is when the player does something that was otherwise unintended in the design.

In this case, gate guns are designed to… lightly discourage you from attacking. But only in lightly tanked stuff, otherwise they’d do percentage based damage or just do a lot of damage since they already no-means-yes a frigate’s butthole.

So said frigate engages in emergent gameplay, namely warping off to clear the aggro tables, and warping back. They’re of course going to have to be keenly aware in case the guns switch back, but never the less, they can warp off again.

That doesn’t hurt lowsec, it merely makes it possible to use frigates for gate camps. As they’ve got natively high scan res (something I’ve always found stupid, it should be the other way around culminating in NSAs on carriers) they’re clearly a good choice for initial tackle.

they never swap back while under the same timer. that’s why you can kill some one on a gate warp off warp back and just sit there waiting for the next guy(unless this was changed I haven’t done a gate camp at all in a while let alone ls

also your clarification doesn’t change my point. you said that mechanic hurt emergence. but have only shown how it created the emergence

Not so. I said that it harmed solo/micro frigate pilots. Said emergence only works in gangs where you’ve got something big enough to take the guns but small enough to get a secondary while the tackle’s puckering up in anticipation of some incoming fire.

And it does, in spite of this emergence, because a solo/micro gang of small ships cannot engage a target on the gate because nobody in their gang (or if they’re solo) can handle the guns. That’s a straight-up removal of content.

Just buff hull reps to do what you want. But make them strictly out of combat modules.

Will not work with a combat timer.

Small hull reps - 1 minute duration/250 hull repaired per cycle

Medium hull rep - 1 minute duration/750 hull repaired per cycle

Large hull rep - 1 minute duration/2250 hull repaired per cycle

While active, increases signature by 500% and reduces Sensor strength by 75%

Makes it easier to combat probe you while youre in the process of repairing in an active system.

Ships are disadvantaged all the time based on location. Frigates have a hard time tackling on low sec gates, interdictors can’t bubble, bombers can’t drop bombs.

Why would anyone fit an interdiction nullified in high sec?

Things have ups and downs and uses.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.