I grinded ISK with an alpha and bought omega

Hello gamer, I grinded ISK in FW + sold some relatively big assets from another account to afford 3 months omega with plex. The grinding took about 3 weeks. The recemt PLEX omega sale helped.

But now i have activated my omega account i immediately lost interest in the game. There are no interesting skills to train on it. There is nothing to do that i havent already done last time i played?

I dont consider abyssal to be much fun. I spent maybe 2 hours doing it and lost interest.

Why was i able to grind and play like mad when i was alpha, but then when i got omega i lost interest? Anyone else had the same experience?

A guide is up for how to do this

3 Likes

No. Please quit. Right now, it’s the best moment.

9 Likes

No, not me. Important is to define yourself some goal to work on. For the most part of the last 5 years mine was to become top killer of my NPC starter corp without padding. :wink: Else I just have fun without ever being required to grind for ISK, which helps a lot.

Something, something, journey not destination.

–Gadget just uses Googlemaps…

7 Likes

We shall never know. Maybe it will be featured on an episode of Ancient Mysteries.

I don’t grind for subscription because I would soon lose interest for something I can just pay the equivalent of the cost of two burger meals to get.
3 weeks of work for 20 bucks… that’s slave wages.

6 Likes

Not sure i consider playing EVE work but maybe you do

Would you keep grinding the sub if the forums were restricted to omega only?

1 Like

Playing EVE isn’t work, it’s fun.
Grinding for 3 weeks for the equivalent of 20 bucks is work.
I sure hope you didn’t grind on Mining! That’s soul-crushing.
Yesterday I mined for 40 minutes. I swear I almost fell asleep. My sister was next to me on her bed, reading. I told her “I tell you what. I’m definitely not doing this everyday, no way”.

May I ask what you ground on?

2 Likes

This is just like:

‘I worked hard for my first Million dollars… All I needed was $1 Million from my parents. I DID IT GUYS!!’

lol

3 Likes

I didnt realize faction warfare was that profitable

1 Like

Three weeks? That’s better than me apparently lol

Well, my EVE objectives are related to content and learning stuff, so I always making more alts and doing different things and moving around. If my goal was just being Omega then I would probably lose interest

Creating your own goals is of utmost importance

Oops, I apologize. That was the very first thing you wrote in your O.P. My bad.
I must be more tired than I realize.

Sheesh…you make out as if the cost was huge. It isn’t. It’s £37.50 for 3 months. £12.50 a month. It’s one of my smallest bills…comparable with Netflix or Amazon Prime ( I have both ), and I spend more time in Eve than either of those. I’ve been in MMOs where it costs over £200 a month to ‘rent’ a server to host a site on. Now that is expensive.

Don’t play for 3 months, and then when your omega runs out, grind it again. Then stop playing until that omega runs out, and then grind it again.

That seems to be in line with your idea of fun.

3 Likes

That’s not exactly “grinding faction warfare”.

The title of this thread is misleading. Perhaps it should read “i liquidated assets and plex’d my account”?

What was the ratio of sold assets to fw ISK in this transaction?

Then find something new to do? Join a Corp of actual people rather than just your alts.

If you’re claiming to have done everything there is to do in EVE, I’m calling bollocks.

One suggestion: go on a Bombers Bar fleet or two.

You lost your goal. Find a new goal.

1 Like

Miners always lie.

1 Like

Certainly recommend this. ps: you need omega for the sb skills.

No, but then again this is simply another stealth dig at our universe.

You do know you aren’t really subtle nor good at this right?

Which is correct grinded or ground?

“Ground” is the correct past tense of the verb “to grind”. Grinded does not exist.