A Wolf had been feasting too greedily, and a bone had stuck crosswise in his throat. He could get it neither up nor down, and of course he struggled to eat anything. Naturally that was an awful state of affairs for a greedy Wolf.
So away he wandered, hoping his misfortune would remedy itself with time. As he wandered, a Crane discovered the Wolf in his distress and stood poised to offer her assistance, sure that she, with her long neck and bill, would easily be able to reach the bone and pull it out.
"Surely he will reward me handsomely should I assist him with his troubles,” the Crane thought.
As you can imagine, she was very uneasy about putting her head in a Wolf’s throat. But she was grasping in nature, so she did what was needed to help the Wolf in the hopes of great reward.
When the Wolf felt that the bone was gone, he started to walk away.
“Aren’t you going to reward me?” said Crane anxiously.
“What!” snarled the Wolf, whirling around. “Haven’t you got it? Isn’t it enough that I let you take your head out of my mouth without snapping it off?”
Ms. Brezia, you know I am a strong advocate for diplomatic resolutions; however, even I cannot look past the actions of the Collective and their supporters.
I do not believe there is a possibility of a peaceful, lasting agreement with the Wolf. He will always revert to his true nature.