[I-RED] Formal Inquiry to Federation Senate

Sure, but… so what?

I mean, don’t get me wrong here, Makoto, I’m not saying nobody should care about your opinion, or anything like that. I’m just pointing out that the only ones who can change this policy (the Federation Senate) don’t. And they’re not going to. More, it doesn’t matter to them what ‘ostensibly tolerant and peacefully-inclinded Federal-loyal capsuleers’ would think. It doesn’t matter to them what any capsuleers think.

We’re humored when our services are needed, and it’s not too inconvenient to do so. The rest of the time? They don’t care. They don’t even try to pretend they care, any more than any of the other empires do.

If any of them cared, you wouldn’t need to be undertaking multiple legal actions in the courts just to get them to keep their word… which, correct me if I’m wrong, but… have you gotten any official response, even so much as a ‘we’ll have our lawyers call you’ on official letterhead?

It doesn’t matter what details rub who the wrong way. As far as the leadership of the four empires are concerned, unless we’re doing what they need from us, when they need it, we should just shut up and go away.

You’re really going to ask that of a Matari? Of course it makes perfect sense to pretty much all of us that the Intaki might want the right to decide who they are without any of the empires claiming the be their masters. I was being snarky about the ‘corporate shills’ label.

I completely support the right of the Intaki to not have to be part of the Federation or the State, if that’s what they choose. I don’t know of any Matari who wouldn’t.

2 Likes