[I-RED] Formal Inquiry to Federation Senate

Pilots, it’s usually best to ignore that one.

3 Likes

I share your frustrations. It is disheartening to see genuine intentions overshadowed by outspoken caricatures of State xenophobia. However, that is just one voice, and, if this thread is any indication, there are many more voices out there that speak on a more reasonable tone. Lastly, I will stress that the persecution Intaki faced while living in the early State was executed primarily by extremist xenophobes who did not represent the entire Caldari people at large.

As for the question of Caldari preying upon Intaki for “amoral capitalist schemes” I can only stress how incorrect this notion is. I-RED’s employee dossiers, which are openly available to the public, will show that over 30% of our baseliner staff is composed of ethnic or partially ethnic Intaki (such as myself). Furthermore, native Syndicate residents make up 1/3 of the I-RED Board of Directors. Additionally, public archives available on GalNet will reveal an extensive history I-RED has in dealing with Intaki. As Executor Hinkelmann has stated time and time again, I-RED remains entirely and wholly committed to fostering a mutually beneficial relationship between Caldari and Intaki. The reboot of the Syndicate Stability Initiative is just one small example of I-RED’s efforts.

And speaking from a more personal standpoint, although I was born in the Federation I consider the people of Syndicate to be my family. Their success is my success. And their well-being is my well-being. There is no other capsuleer entity out there that I believe can be doing more for Intaki than I-RED (with the exception of the IPI, of course).

If you have any further doubt as to the intentions of I-RED with Intaki, I would be more than happy to discuss them with you over a cup of coffee in Syndicate. Moitte.

11 Likes

No, it isn’t. It is, however, something the Caldari State helped arrange—voluntarily—and could end with little difficulty. All those people killed, including non-combatants, have been sacrificed in service to a lie.

Edit: However, the nature of the warzones isn’t relevant to an inquiry to the Senate, so if you’d like to actually discuss this, Diana, we can talk elsewhere. If not, then we can just leave it as-is.

2 Likes

Goodness, such oppression!

How many billions if not trillions of Intaki live throughout the Federation? How many indeed are members of the very body to which this… request has been made?

Should that vast and allegedly oppressed polity wish to change the circumstance of their disloyal kindred living within Syndicate space, the status quo might change.

I am glad your statement caught my attention. Hyperbole usually focuses one’s opinion. When I first became aware of this endeavor I thought it a… potentially positive step.

But your statements tenor and tone demonstrate exactly what ‘this’ is. A thinly disguised attempt by the State and its sympathizers, to exploit the democratic and humanitarian tendencies of the Federation to material and military advantage.

2 Likes

I appreciate your candor, but the “amoral capitalist schemes” was more directed at Caldari Practicals, not the Liberals such as Ishukone and its supporters.

3 Likes

I expected some pro-Federate lackey would turn up. I didn’t expect them to so concisely exercise my point.

EDIT: And on the subject of the Intaki living within the Federation and a change in status quo, perhaps if the Federation left well enough alone, the Intaki would “change the circumstance of their disloyal kindred”. Or do you think the Federation would simply disenfranchise them again, as was the case during the Caldari occupancy of the Intaki system…?

One does not argue the values of democracy in the face of someone who they only recently gave voting rights back to.

6 Likes

Lackey!

Well perhaps but if so I am ‘the’ Pro-Federation lackey, not simply ‘some’…

2 Likes

The Beige Lackey?Is that your superhero name, then?

2 Likes

I have heard worse, with your permission I may use the monikor.

1 Like

Oh, do feel free.

3 Likes

As soon as the sovereignty of the Intaki will be transferred to Caldari State, the problem will simply disappear: we don’t limit our citizens from colonizing new worlds.

There are no values of democracy. It is the most archaic and inefficient management systems. Besides that, it simply facilitates oppression of a minority by a majority, and thus can’t be accepted in civilized societies both from practical and moral points of view.

1 Like

What happens when the Intaki decline the states offer to be their shills?

5 Likes

Fair question, actually: what if the Intaki decide ‘screw all of you jerks, we’re going it alone for a while’?

3 Likes

Now, I must ask.

Are they shills only if they were to join with the State? Or would they also be shills if by some fluke of circumstance they ended up with the Republic or Empire? Are they not currently Federal shills?

Or is your implication that allowing a people the right to colonize worlds bribery?

3 Likes

If they’re in the Federation, they’re oppressed.
If they’re in the State, they’re shills.
If they’re in the Empire, they’re enslaved.
If they’re in the Republic, they’re madmen.

It’s really very simple. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No, I believe the term is “bootlickers” but I would defer to Kimmy on that one. sycophant, toady, lickspittle, flatterer, flunky, lackey, yes-man, spaniel, or doormat might also work

2 Likes

I read that as “man spaniel”

3 Likes

I suppose that could work too.

2 Likes

Then their problems aren’t ours. And yes, it means I-RED doesn’t behave like Caldari, more like gallente. Though it’s not a surprise, really.

1 Like

Is she REALLY still at it?

Nevermind. not worth the breath.
Pilots, you’re best off ignoring that tightly wound ball of rage and ignorance.
Trying to explain anything that doesn’t perfectly mesh with it’s rather skewed vision of the cluster is a futile effort.

I for one hope that the treatment of my people at the hands of the Federation can be seen to improve, and soon.

There have been too many scars left upon the face of Ida.

-Tertianus Rethelior.

2 Likes