10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Thon’s Modified Thermal Shield Hardener
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

(clean clone by the way)

Pyfra says it works. Eve says it doesn’t work.

Here is the fit I’m basing it off of. I was told about this real fit and tried tinkering with it.

[Hecate, Travel]

Shadow Serpentis Damage Control
Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers

Small Inefficient Hull Repair Unit
Caldari Navy Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Thon’s Modified Thermal Shield Hardener

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

So why does Pyfra and EVE disagree? Well… it could just be because my skills sucks. Pyfra says Fit That doesn’t work uses 67.5 PG exactly, EVE says it’s 2.6 over. My guess is that Pyfra rounds the wrong way.

This is slightly concerning when making travel fits. Most display programs will either round to the closest or truncate. If we are only displaying 3 decimal places, 2.0003 would round to 2.000 and truncate to 2.000 but 1.9997 would round to 2.000 but truncate to 1.999. 1.3333 would both round and truncate to 1.333 if we display 3 decimal places or 1 if we don’t display decimals. I assume Pyfra does one of these since both methods are conventional ways to round.

The problem is that in EVE something that takes 2.0001 seconds really takes 3 seconds. And if you truncate when calculating how much fitting a module uses but the game doesn’t truncate, it means there will be a disagreement with tPyfa and the same

PyFa issue tracker is Issues · pyfa-org/Pyfa · GitHub

Server thick rate has nothing to do with how attributes are calculated. And while CCP rounding is silly sometimes. It definitely won’t eat ~3% of PG.

Most obvious conclusion is that your pyfa setup is wrong somewhere.

Maybe the skills you have ingame and skills in Pyfa aren’t the same?

What’s your ‘Shield Upgrades’ skill level at?

2 Likes

Oh that’s the issue.

I didn’t think a PG reduction would be outside “Engineering”

So if I get it to Level V, the fit will work?

Most likely, yes.

There are many skills that improve your PG and CPU, beyond the simple two that increase PG and CPU.

Most of them reduce the amount of PG or CPU it takes to fit certain modules. These exist for weapons, shields, weapon rigs, electronics…

Usually not hard to get around the limitations though, just swap some modules for a faction or compact version if you can. Or a cheap implant.

This is why I roll my eyes when someone suggests ‘make magic 14 available to newbies because they cannot fit ships without them’. There are many fitting skills, so the best thing a newbie can do is to learn how to modify a ship fit they find to their own skills and preference. Or use newbie-friendly fittings.

1 Like

Some day I’m going to get an expensive implant (doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon after 300 mill in losses this week due to… well it’s an embarrassing story and I kind of deserved those loses) and I don’t want to be like “oh that’s a great fit (insert corpmate’s name here), oh it works with a clean clone? OK great I’ll use it” and then find the problem is my skills and the cheap implant to fix the problem uses the same slot as the expensive one I’m using.

I just was hoping to use Pyfra for checking fits in the future and when I saw it didn’t match the game (saying it used 100% meaning the fit just bearly worked but the game didn’t agree) I was worried there were rounding problems.

But I’m relieved to know it’s just because of skills. Well I guess that’s a problem I’ll have to worry about later. Like when I can fly a Hecate, which I will do sometime in the distant future after I get Medium drones V. And a lot of other more pressing stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.