Since the “Report Bot” button in-game doesn’t seem to do anything, and we’ve reported bots dozens of times, I’m resorting to a forum post.
There are half a dozen mining bot softwares that seem to be current with Eve. I think the blackout in nullsec has driven some of the mining bots to highsec. What we observe is dozens of toons whose names have a first name that is an all-caps face<->keyboard interaction, and a game-generated surname. The characters were all 1-day old when they showed up, flying retrievers with T2 mods.
We know it’s a bot because the bot:
- Stays in the ice belt after it de-spawns, and often gets stuck with its fleet floating outside a station.
- Makes a conga line between its Orca and retrievers. The retrievers will auto-warp to the Orca once they get 150km away. We tested this repeatedly by bumping one 150km off and watching it warp to the Orca.
- Bots do not respond to convos, talking in local, or being ganked.
- After being ganked, the bot toon will sit in the ice field in his pod, trying to mine with a pod?
- Members of the bot do not respond to combat ships in the belt, being targeted, being bumped, or being ganked. Other members of the bot will continue to mine, ignoring the one that got ganked.
- We watched the idle bot floating in space, and observed it coming to life and warping to station when certain other characters (flying a hauler to collect his loot) came into system.
- Once we identified the bot’s operator, he bragged at making 20M/hr by doing this.
The mining bots we’ve identified are:
E ASDF Erkkinen
F AADDD Yotosala
All were members of the corp BAD dogS or Burning Blade I for a hot minute. Some are now in a corp heimeiyao yihuei.
The bot’s operator is laiba shaonian who for some insane reason, puts his plans in his bio, including the latest plan to move to Actee, and attempts to operate in Teonusude and Endrulf. We suspect the bot accounts might be shared by multiple people, and/or multiple individuals involved in havesting and then selling the ice (this would be one reason to put the bot’s info in the bio). laiba shaonian was seen hauling in a Bustard, and as soon as she docked the bots floating in space came to life. The parent corp is bbc xiqian. It seems they’ve rented space from multiple nullsec corps and were botting there until the blackout. Nullsec people I’ve spoken to seem to confirm this. See also the toon shaonian laiba who seems to be involved in the same.
CCP: deal with this. And respond to bot reports. Those of us that pay for our accounts don’t appreciate bots PLEXing, and it eats into CCP’s bottom line.