Idea for fixing botting

VM laughs at you.
Reading the whole thread would have stopped you looking stupid.
Also pretty sure CCP does not IP ban either because non static IP addresses.

1 Like

sorry pal, I donā€™t have time to read through all the toxic trash posts of eve players.

Regards,

BOING BOING

Drug users are the cause of the drug trade. Eve players are the cause of botting. Just looking at the other side of the coin. The solution is simple. CCPā€™s inaction tells me they love botting. It will never go away. I wish Iā€™d never studied economics. Ignorance is bliss.

Are you guys even serious? Captcha has absolutely NO limitations which makes them anymore useful for account creation. They are used for account creation because the only part of a community website that REALLY needs protection from automation IS account creation. The great thing about them is that they DO actually work under any circumstances, if implementation is done correctly.

Captchaā€™s are ideal for stopping automation and thereby botting and while the majority of companies and websites understand that, apparently that is hard for a few of you guys.

Now, let me underline that i myself would much rather have CCP solve this, by implementing simple PvE mechanics, which would actually make creating automation software harder than it is currently, but as it seems like they have a hard time doing that (evidenced by +10 years of failure), a captcha could be a fix that could be implemented in a few days and solve 95% of the problem.

Also, seems like you still havenā€™t understand when and how players should be presented with a captcha. We are talking 1-2 captchas a year for the VERY dedicated ratters. I think they can sacrifice that for a game that does not have a broken economy - donā€™t you?

I agree that adjusting PvE to be something demanding more of a player than clicking ā€œorbitā€ and then go afk, would be the best solution.

But captchas would not be annoying. Only players dedicated to mining/ratting/trading (as in, doing it to a point where they could be mistaken for a bot) would ever see a captcha and even then maybe just a couple a year. 1000 times less frustrating than setting up PI.

Bots do not have to run 24 7. Most already will not in order to make them harder to detect. Those that do almost certainly flag ccps detection system already.
If a bot is detected it is also pointless giving it captchas. Either ban it or observe it in secret to follow the isk. Captcha is therefore irrelevant.
So the only.place captcha can be relevant is a suspected but uncertain situation which means it has to be set at a level where players will regularly hit it, and therefore it intrudes excessively onto the player base.
This is why no MMO I can think of uses captcha to block bots, despite all MMOā€™S Iā€™ve ever played having bot issues.

Thatā€™s probably why you will be ignored from now on as well.

captchas they use it in other games itā€™s so freaking annoying I really would hate to see it could you see ratting and that popping up especially with some of the harder stuff that would just be a freaking nightmare so Iā€™m going to have to agree with everyone on this one I know itā€™s a bad idea captchas itā€™s a no-go in this use case scenario Eve online is not the game to use something like that

Ok. I would not mind doing a captcha ever 6 months. Is that per account? Not sure how it will stop botters as CCP GMs do pm botters to check for reactions after they have a lot of assumptions the account is botting already.

I never played an online game that had botters/cheaters. So CCP is equal to every other online game creator. The tenacity of the bots is due to players giving real money for large quantities of ISK.

Yeah.

I remember back when CCP claimed they were going into the RMT business to stop that. And how did that work out? Botting and unofficial RMT are more rampant than ever.

At least CCP is still sucking the whales dry. So gratz to them, I guess.

1 Like

Low Sec Faction Warfare space is 70% bots right now.

So CCP added a new feature i.e a new NPC Fleet Instalock Gatecamp that real players cannot get past. This is a huge hindranceā€¦ and greatly affects the players who hunt the bots.

Great ideaā€¦ everyone come down and see all the bots and get instablapped by NPCs on your way.

I mean, thatā€™s still better than some pockets in Null. See the positive!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.