ILF Announces Support for Intaki Autonomist Movement

The votes have been counted, and we have indisputable proof that the status quo is unacceptable to the people of Intaki.

The ILF congratulates Jonas Ivestara and his Intaki Autonomists for winning the most votes as a single party, and to Siaka Idama and Intaki Lamkatka for winning a respectable share of the votes.

Together they represent the majority view that the Federation has seriously erred in Intaki, and if the Charter and treaties upon which it is built are so meaningless, then a new relationship needs to be established.

A relationship of equals, where Intaki is not subservient to the whims of a President whose own Progressive Union party enjoys little to no local support at all

If Jonas Ivestara and Siaka Idama cannot come to agreement between themselves, then I join others in hoping progress can be made with the representatives from the Intaki Social Co-operative Party, allowing the Assembly to begin the process of reasserting itself as the sovereign government of its people.

2 Likes

Congratuations again to Chief Councillor Ivestara for his election win in Intaki.

Following the significant shift in Intakiā€™s political landscape in recent weeks and months, we have every confidence in the new coalition Assembly government.

Almost every single major political party with seats within the Assembly, have representatives on record speaking out publically against the Federationā€™s militarisation of the Intaki system. Therefore, despite suggesions of a diplomatic balancing act, we believe Ivestara will have the full support of the Assembly in pushing back against President Aguardā€™s overbearing policies.

The Intaki Liberation Front and Intaki Prosperity Initiative stand ready to support Chief Ivestara and the Assembly in reclaiming its sovereignty and achieving full autonomy for Intaki and its people, on the path to independence.

5 Likes

Being headquartered in Caille, I have decided to stay in Intaki since my interview with Richard. He encouraged me to learn more about Intaki and, therefore, myself as if one had anything to do with the other. But he seemed like a standup guy, so I did.

I will be honest; Iā€™ve been a bit disappointed. So yes, I work for a tabloid and am not building the best reputation. Still, I figure I am a good representative for those in the wider Intakiā€™ Diasporaā€™ who are genetically Intaki but culturally Gallente. See, I donā€™t even like the word diaspora. I didnā€™t even know such a thing existed until a few weeks ago, and it smacks of a soft victimhood I certainly havenā€™t internalized.

But I will let your words speak for themselves, but I have a few questions.

Bataav, your last statement seems to indicate that, yea, we are up for violence as soon as we get the Federation to demilitarize the system because they should feel bad for dragging us into high-security space and putting an end to the system being one of the favorite chew toys of the State. Who you seem to be really cozy with. Or did I misinterpret your meaning?

Auriga Menkali, your statement is really interesting. Now Itā€™s interesting to note that even while undergoing a reorganization in Syndicate. Intaki Business-Logistics Union took the time to ally itself with the Intaki Prosperity Initiative in a recent war. Are you running a business or a political party?

Also, do you find it hypocritical that part of your leadership team, and if I understood half of what Iā€™ve heard, primary bag man recently celebrated the passing of the ā€œThe United Response Actā€?

So, I will be really judgy and say, guys, you seem just as scheming, crafty, and duplicitous as anyone in the Federation, just on a smaller scale, and that any moral high ground you believe you have is imagined.

2 Likes

It was a lesson hard learned not to respond to fictitious rumors, and I remind myself as I write this.

Recently, however, it was reported that I hosted an event in Caille to celebrate the United Response Act. This is untrue. On the day in question, I wasnā€™t in Caille. One wonders as to the motivation behind this lie, but rest assured the truth will out.

But to the question at hand.

Perhaps as some say, a distinction without a difference. Regardless, itā€™s meaningful that it was said and by who. It is even more crucial because, as the leader of an organization with a long history of struggle, and bitter disappointments, I believe he means it.

I have been quiet of late, so wading again into Intakiā€™s internal politics fills me with equal parts apprehension and determination. You see, itā€™s no longer a distant spectacle; it has, for me, become personal.

The allure of the Intaki Autonomist Movementā€™s message has undeniably captured the electorateā€™s imaginationā€¦ for today. Yet, donā€™t be misled by slogans. They are usually empty words devoid of substance, and sadly, the assurances they make are often broken, leaving us more angry and bitter than before.

There is, however, an undeniable shift afoot, compelling us to reevaluate old notions and past rhetoric.

Recent changes within the Federal Union, particularly in Intaki, the passing and expected implementation of ā€œThe United Response Act,ā€ and the electoral victories of the Intaki Autonomist Party are glaring testaments to this shifting landscape.

The task of ā€œstabilizingā€ the Intaki system is nearly complete, an achievement that should not be misjudged. Seeing the benefits of this stability, it is only natural for the Federation to expand the scope of its reach. When this stabilization is realized, we will be in a far better position to engage in the necessary critical discourse regarding the future nature of Intakiā€™s relationship with the Federal Union.

Let us then not be blinded by the appeal of swift actions or fall into the trap of unsubstantiated accusations. This pivotal moment calls for the difficult task of trust building.

I encourage all involved to embrace this responsibility with sagacity and finesse. Voices should be heard, not through the thunderous roars of empty rhetoric, but through the power of well-crafted ideas and authentic well meaning convictions.

Let us imagine then a future rooted in a deep understanding of our shared history and a steadfast commitment to shaping a better tomorrow, not repeating the errors of the past.

Best Regards.
J.S.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a fairly comprehensive misunderstanding, yes.

Not just of what I said, but also of the situation in Intaki, past and present.

Letā€™s go through your comments to me one at a time.

The Intaki Liberation Front has a history of peaceful secession stretching back almost 20 years, and we have always favoured diplomacy in the pursuit of our aspirations. Something that parallels Chief Councillor Ivestaraā€™s approach to recent events in Intaki.

So yes, the ILF and IPI do stand ready to support the Chief Councillor and the newly elected Intaki Assembly.

That your instinct was to assume violent intent when reading my statement says more about you than it does me or the Intaki Liberation Front.

Why?

The recent increases in security status for the Intaki system is a positive change, and I publically welcomed the Viriette constellationā€™s removal from the CEWMPA warzone when it happened.

You mention that Richard Masseri suggested you learn more about Intaki. Iā€™d echo that, but it seems to me that you need to take more time.

I suppose itā€™s a little too much to expect some actual investigative journalism from a tabloid reporter. Spending just a couple of weeks asking around isnā€™t going to help anyone develop a meaningful understanding of any topic, never mind the context and nuances of a political and social history that goes back to the founding of the Federation itself.

Your lack of effort is clear from how wrong you are in so much of what you have to say.

Youā€™re disappointed with your findings? Youā€™re not the only one.

3 Likes

I fear you might be deceiving yourself, James.

When President Aguard is finished, itā€™s increasingly unlikely any member state will be in any position to engage in any kind of discourse with the Federation.

But itā€™s not only those of us campaigning for independence, or who support greater autonomy who are concerned.

Even those who supported the United Response Act are now realising, too late in my opinion, that actions have consequences.

No, if member states are to be taken seriously, then they need to speak up now.

It gives me some confidence that Chief Councillor Ivestara is not waiting, and has already met with the Federation Navy to discuss the security of the Intaki system.

3 Likes

The Intaki-Business Logistics Union is soley concerned with protecting and promoting the interests of its member corporations. It has no pretensions to moral high ground.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your perspective on my assessment regarding Intaki and the potential consequences thereof. I understand your concerns but respectfully disagree with your assessment that I may be be engaging in self-deception.

While I acknowledge that deception can be both creative and predictive in politics, be assured that I maintain a pragmatic approach in my assessments and actions.

Being aware of the dangers of self-deception, I maintain a reflective habit of mind and base my political and economic assessments on practical information and logical analysis. Thus like a leaf blown from a tree, I follow the wind until Idonā€™t.

My past predictions have proven reasonably accurate; this I feel lends credence to my methodology. However, I am not infallible, and there is always a degree of uncertainty inherent in any prediction.

As to President Aguard, it is crucial to remember that my analysis is not based on personal opinions or biases. Instead, it centers on the actions and policies of the President and their potential impact on member "Statesā€™ā€™ ability to engage in discourse with the Federal Union, while remaining within the context of the law.

If the current trajectory continues, it is reasonable to anticipate particular challenges. Nonetheless, it is essential to remain open to adjustments and changes as events unfold, as predictions are not immutable.

In the spirit of polite discourse, I welcome alternative perspectives and would be grateful if you could elaborate further on your viewpoint. Engaging in constructive dialogue allows for a more comprehensive understanding of complex situations and the potential for refining the abovementioned assessments.

I hope we can continue this conversation with mutual respect and an openness to diverse viewpoints.

Sincerely,
J.S.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.