I'm becoming disheartened

It’s EVE, I entirely agree. I was so excited for this game. Then I found the un-balance. New Eden could be taken down if all 3 year+ players joined together, actually not all, just a select few. The game balance actually does not exist.

We Noobs are just told we don’t know enough and to keep learning. That does sound like epic fun right? I placed my orders for textbooks and I’m drooling at my window waiting for the Mailman.

CCP - its 2018 nearly. All games these days require balance when in PVP, or the games will die. Look at almost ALL OTHER MMOs. What you produce is a System where all veteran players can destroy all noobs and the noobs skills don’t matter. RE READ THAT SENTENCE. Does that make it inviting? It might be okay if we could get skills and level up quickly, but we have all read how it takes real life Years to “get good”… THAT’S BECAUSE THERE IS NO BALANCE guys! c’mon any educated person can see this.

I’m calling all the @ CCPs I can… I’m an Omega Noob, the future of New Eden if one means to exist.

@CCP_Falcon @CCP_Delegate_Zero @CCP_Claymore @CCP_Paradox @CCP_Snorlax @CCP_Dragon

The next update will include a level system, where when in High Sec your weapons are balanced against the LCD, and so forth with Low Sec and Null Sec and wormhole space. This is non-optional in today’s gaming market. You can’t take the heat EA is getting so you need to get around this. It will change the game, the bully’s will hate it but it only makes sense.

You all know EXP Players can easily make New Eden unplayable for noobs. People live life on Sol, Earth and go to New Eden to escape, not to get destroyed. Especially when we know there was NOTHING we could have done about it. Why play, for the challenge? Get real.

Hopefully this will never happen. Never.

This idea is so frightening even a carebear like me shivers with dread.

1 Like

For reference, Agent K is on a game-design crusade across multiple threads because he decided to attack a suspect cruiser pilot in his frigate-fit battleship. He actually deigned to call it bullying when he got killed by the player he aggressed.

3 Likes

im a bully, that isnt bullying

2 Likes

People have told you the most important things - safe spots, using local - but one more thing I’d recommend is exploring in wormholes. You lose out on local, so it’s spooky, but by watching dscan (and simply moving on if there are other more threatening ships around - you won’t see cloaked ships, but you might catch one decloaked on occasion, and you will see their probes), I’ve done dozens of systems worth of sites and only been attacked once, and that time I wanted to be attacked. Wormhole space spawns the same data/relic sites as nullsec - you want the ones named after the pirate factions (Blood, Angels, Guristas, Serpentis, Sansha). You don’t want the ones not named in this way because they contain sleeper rats that will murder you.

One thing to note is that the more conveniently the wormhole is located, the more dangerous it is. If you’re hopping into a hole next to Jita and start exploring right there the risks of getting popped are considerably higher than if you start from somewhere quiet (or go deeper). Most of wormhole space is rather empty and by being reasonably careful you can expect to make way more money than you lose in ships. Today for example I got a good hole and brought back about 140 mil worth of stuff.

1 Like

This.

1 Like

Hah, the “EvE is dying” December post.
15 years of dying now.

BTW there is balance - same rules for all. It’s not rolling dice, it’s tactics and knowledge, and the right fitting at the right place. There is absolutely no pvp vet without ship losses.

The age old argument of Subjective Reality vs Objective Reality.

Actually, it does.

If youre playing Call of Duty, and all you use is a knife, you might be saying that the game is unbalanced because everyone else around you is shooting at you with guns. Now, you might be inexperienced, and unaware of the options available to you. You might not know that you are also able to use guns yourself. But your inexperience doesnt mean that the game is unbalanced.

With Eve, part of it is experience, part of it is skillpoints/ships. Sometimes, you run into a gang of 100 people gatecamping, and die. Sometimes you run into an AFK Hulk and kill it. Going solo, has its risks and rewards. And thats what the game is about. Risk and reward.

I dont understand this.

In any game, if you put experienced players against noobs, experienced players will almost always win.

League of legends?
Put up 5 people who have never played, against Team Liquid. Who do you think would win?

Dota 2?
Put up 5 people who have never played, against Na’Vi. Who do you think would win?

Starcraft 2?
Put up a person who has never played, against some korean dude who has won a bunch of tournaments. Who do you think would win?

Is there any game where players compete against each other, where 5, or 10, or 1000 noobs would not be roflstomped by their equivalent number of experienced players?

But heres the twist. Eve online has a system where a bunch of noobs can win over an experienced player! The great thing about EVE, is that you can have strength in numbers. 5 noobs vs 5 experienced players, sure, experienced players will win. But what about 50 noobs? 100? 1000? This is the idea behind Brave Newbies, but above all else, this game is about interacting with players, for better or for worse.

My suggestion is, go join a good corp that will teach you more about the game.

Uh, seriously?

Think about it. If weapons are balanced, then the deciding factor for winning a fight would be skill.

Ive run into gate camps before. Ive run into hopeless situations before. But thats part of Eve. Almost any veteran, any experienced player will have a chunk of losses on their killboards. But we move on, because its part of the game. If you want to play a game where you never lose, then Hello Kitty Island Adventure would be great for you. Zero risk, tons of rewards, i hear. But real losses means your wins become real as well. You risk, you get rewarded. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. And hopefully you learn from your losses and come back to fight another day.

What a great game!

Correct, you are a noob, not a newbie and definitely not a newbro, as we use to call newbies who are cute and want to learn.

You are however not a future of New Eden. Not with this attitude.

OP, really sorry for your thread being polluted. As you can see, you are the better part of newbies and as soon as you will clear up some sites in wormholes and nullsec you’ll definitely feel much better :slight_smile:

Feel free to poke me ingame (probably via mail), if you still have a bad luck we might discuss it and maybe fix somehow. (Not promising much though as I’m a bit busy due to Christmas…)

The way null sec works is that groups of players will decide that a system or group of systems is theirs and will take actions to ensure that this space is safe and profitable for them. This includes:

• Deploying structures
  • Forming non-aggression arrangements with other groups of players that claim nearby space as theirs
  • Setting up intel channels to share information about hostile players nearby to their space.
  • Killing any player who enters their space that they are not certain is not a threat.

This last one is what will get new players like yourself killed in null. It’s possible that null sec players know you are a new player and kill you for fun, but more likely they have no idea whether you are a new player or a scout for a hostile group that will kill their expensive ships if they undock them. Just by being in system, you are preventing them from making ISK and effectively stopping them playing the game as they want to play it. The fastest way they can remove you from their system is to kill you. Sure, they could ask you to leave but that’s often more hassle and even then, you’re not removed far and there’s a risk you could come back. Podding you sends you back far far away from whence you came.

The first three items are also things that you cannot do as a solo player, especially as a solo new player.

Eve is a social game that’s more about people than spaceships. It’s a game where success in a lot of endeavors is largely based on how many people you can get to collaborate together. Whether that’s getting a larger blob for pvp or getting more people to split the fuel bill for a shared structure etc. If you’re going to stick with eve, you should learn to collaborate which means joining (or setting up) a corp (joining is easier).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.