I'm the top 1% of the 1%

…that have a Windows Phone and this forum handling is terrible.
Can’t even post any screenshots on how it’s terrible.

9 Likes

If you are willing to elaborate on the issues you’re experiencing, or just how bad your experience is with the forums on your Windows Phone, it would be welcomed.

Also some additional info like screen size, along with browser name & version could help us in reproducing the experience.

3 Likes

u are good at this game i <3 u

3 Likes

Basically what you get for using Windows Mobile… Absolutely terrible OS lel

It’s working on Android just fine :thinking: :smile:

@CCP_Avalon
One line typing zone.
Can’t upload image.
Quote option almost unsable.

Lumia 950 using Microsoft Edge

Have you try rebooting you divice?

Microsoft Edge is awful.
Download Google Chrome, its available for Windows Phone too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I’ll see what I can dig up. :slight_smile:

But could I bother you to try one thing for me, run the forums up in Chrome and see if the experience is the same. Would help me in identifying if I need to be looking at the Edge bit or the operating system in particular.

1 Like

So that makes you the top .o1%

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around that for some reason. Percent is technically some part of 100. It feels like that should be a whole number and not a percentage itself.

It’s like you released ice9 into the world and everything is suddenly getting smaller and smaller¿ We will all have to focus on ever diminishing very tiny details.

Well done.

No it’s not, Chrome’s not available for Win10 mobile

See above. :frowning:

And before you’d mention it, Firefox is not available either.

Samsung S7 reporting. Also have a one line text entry box for new posts.

Looks fine on the S8+ / Chrome. Rather like the design, responsive coding. :slight_smile:

EDIT: It’s fine on forum replies, but trying to post a new topic also gives me the same view as the Windows phone. That’d be a hard slog to use.

i bought a Windows phone once , once.
Never again.

1 Like

Quoting isn’t absolutely necessary most of the time, since the Discourse forum software does cross-referencing of posts. (there’s a link in the upper right corner of a reply to the post it’s in reply to)

Browser name & version?

I spend a little more time googl’n about that and…
Damn you are right.
Looks like Microsoft made it so that you are stuck with one shitty Browser and absolutely no viable alternative.

I guess thats the lesson we can learn here.

Go drop $100 and get a phone that can run a browser more advanced than Netscape Navigator 3?

1 Like

Meh, they actually are pretty good if you stop expecting anything from the store and the browser when it comes to client-side web apps like these forums. I’d say they make good PDAs with phone & text features.

[quote=“Mapster_Tacitus, post:20, topic:3999, full:true”]

I spend a little more time googl’n about that and…
Damn you are right.
Looks like Microsoft made it so that you are stuck with one shitty Browser and absolutely no viable alternative.[/quote]

Actually it is Google that is responsible for that mess, as it is they that don’t make any Windows apps, and the one Microsoft have tried to make (YouTube app coming to mind) was forced by Google to be removed from the store.