Incompatible (Build)

Hello fellow capsuleers,

I just got back to the computer and tried to connect to the server.

However I keep getting incompatible build prompt after connection failure.

Is the server up as indicated on eve online status? Anyone having same issue?

1 Like

Exact same issue here. Tried clearing the unused files and verifying the game files - no dice. Guess I won’t be playing today…

hmmm. guess not only me. tried verify game file, check for update, remove unused files…

1 Like

I’m getting the typical “An update to the EVE Launcher is available” spam pop-up (which always appears and yet never seems to actually do anything).

Addendum: Might have figured out the fix. To the left of the “Bug” icon in the upper right there was a green download arrow. I clicked on that and it downloaded an update. Why it wasn’t auto-downloading/updating is beyond me.

1 Like

I swapped from tranquility and singulariy server then back to tranquility. it’s says currently updating singularity. so maybe that will fix it. don’t know.

didn’t fix.

See addendum above. That fixed it for me. I also had to quit and re-launch the launcher once or twice.

I don’t have that arrow. hmmm

I didn’t initially have it either. I just noticed it (not sure what I did to get it to appear, but it appears something is amiss with the launcher).

The launcher version I was running was 1.16.1. It’s now 1.17.0. So that’s the fix - force or get the launcher to update. I’m on MacOS, btw (not sure if that’s related).

That’s weird. I am windows. I am on launcher version 1.5.0

able to log in now. I went to download client on eve online website and ran it. it updated the launcher and able to log in now.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I usually have the launcher open (just closed) in the background. I honestly don’t remember seeing the green download icon. At some point it appeared, I clicked on it and that resolved the issues. It changed from a green download icon to a green “i” icon that displayed the version changes.

both methods seem to resolve it. if you have an arrow, use it to update. otherwise download client which will update the launcher. have a nice day.

1 Like

Hopefully this will help the next unsuspecting victim!

I lost forty-six seconds of MY time, due to this issue. I demand a FULL REFUND with COMPENSATION for MY time.

3 Likes

I just wish FC would fix their crappy launcher. The advertising always seems to work 100%! :rofl:

try again if it was a day or a MONTH

Sometimes I get the incompatible build error, and it’s always been because there actually is an update available but for some reason the game doesn’t try to download it until after I’ve started and cancelled launching a client.