Increase NPC TAX RATE

I have never been so enticed to make a one man corp so when I am war decced I can wait to the last possible moment and close corp and start another.

@LouHodo
Would you stay in an NPC Corp that taxes you 25-50% on all isk that enters your wallet?

And so what if they do?

If salvos supports it, it’s probably wrong.

• High tax rate means incentive for 1-man corps, which means no positive social interactions, which means it’s a shitty game not worth playing.
  • High tax rate is incentive to just quit because, as a new player, you see that the game hates you and is designed so you can’t succeed. It makes the game not fun and not worth playing.
  • High tax rate promotes bad corps, either the big stupid faceless bureaucracies with strong recruiting power or tax dodge corps that don’t provide any actual value and disband immediately on the first wardec resulting in a less fulfilling social experience, and less reason to -you guessed it- keep playing.

There are no reasonable benefits to the game. People wouldn’t join good corps because the bad corps would make so much more noise drowning them out. It’s a stupid idea, so obviously you’re gonna support it.

14 Likes

That incentive already exists.
If its your own corp, and you are alone, you can tax 0%.

Make your own corp, or join one.

If a player corp is taxing too much, get it reduced, join another, or make your own.

Here’s where the original 11% came from.

CCP did leave the caveat to revisit the percentage if need be, but it’s been nearly a decade. I think they would have done so by now if they were going to.

Even if they did tinker with it tomorrow, I have a feeling that you could make it 100% and people would still stay in NPC corps for various reasons. Mining would’t really be touched for one.

–Gadget is fine with the 11%

CCP can make it so that all isk that enters your wallet is taxed at the NPC Corp rate.

They could, yes.
Why would they?

–Curious Gadget

1 Like

So people will prefer player corps.

You would just end up with people making 1 man corps to avoid the tax, it doesn’t solve the problem that doesn’t exist :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It would stop hiding in NPC corps.

If they make 1 man corps or join another player corp, doesnt matter.

It could also entice people to NOT play at all.

Also, what other ramifications would this have beyond the intent of getting people out to private corps?

I can see the whole shipping industry being changed.
I’m sure there are others.

Also, is it doable now or does something need to be written to accomplish the change?
In either case, can they change what is taxed just for the NPC corps without affecting player corps?

–Concerned Gadget

1 Like

This toon has never left starter corp.
If I can take it, so can they.

Less NPC Corp shipping is a good thing.

I’m confident CCP has the capacity to code to tax all NPC Corp members wallet income by a flat rate.

Maybe, maybe not.
People are funny that way.

To some, and bad to others.

Maybe, and I’m not poo-pooing on the dev team here, but if there is the possibility that something could get messed up, then it should be accounted for.
Not taken as gospel and not dismissed, but the possibility (and it’s probability) should be included in the final decision whether to make the change or not.
Blind faith belongs in religion - not policy.

–Gadget says measure twice, cut once

2 Likes

That’s hilarious considering Salvos is your main and is in a NPC corp

2 Likes

I need a few things from you about this.
1: Explain why this is a problem. Not your personal bugbear, but why it’s actually a bad thing for the game.
2: Lay out how your idea mitigates said problem.
3: Identify several other areas that would also be effected and what steps you would take to limit these unintended consequences.
4: Explain how this end result is better for the game.

Perhaps I’m reading this wrong, but this is what I’m seeing so far. You’re annoyed at people being in NPC corps. Because…? Because! I don’t see any explanation as to why you think this is bad for the game. So you want to dramatically alter a game mechanic to smack them with a stick. The goal of randomly smacking paying customers with a stick is apparently to spur them into moving into one-man corps, or bad corps, or corps that are generally good but not a good fit for the pilot. This, you believe, is something the game should strive for.

There’s a lot of problems with your position, and no solution to any imagined problem. But plenty of knock-on problems that would result. However the most damning part of this seems to be that you’re interested in using game mechanics to try to fix a social problem, and it’s just not going to work. Then all you’re left with is the problems your change brings.

People will move when they’re ready. Trying to shove them somewhere when they’re not ready is just going to burn them out of what is supposed to be a fun diversion for them. That’s been the fundamental problem with a lot of EVE’s playerbase trying to force people into nullsec - there’s good reasons to live and have fun in any area of space that fits the desires of the pilot and the constraints on their leisure time. Treating any walk of life in EVE as invalid is the problem.

Let them move corps when they’re ready. Or heck, you could be of help by creating comprehensive tutorials to show people how to find a corp that’s good for them and won’t take advantage of them. You can lead them, but you can’t force them. When they’re ready, and only when they’re ready, they can make that jump.

If CCP does address NPC taxes, I think they can keep the 11% but up the threshold on the bounties to higher, so people have more breathing room before it engages. Or remove the tax altogether.

Whatever goals you think you’re striving for, you are not going to achieve without a comprehensive overhaul of probably dozens of key systems and mechanics at the same time. And such changes would most likely destabilize and cripple EVE, judging by the way people take to drastic changes.

3 Likes

I agree.
But in the aftermath, and overall, a single player corp can still use NPC facilities, or those of other players, without the NPC income tax I proposed.

You dont “earn” any isk to your wallet when using someone elses Citadel/facilities for paid services, thus its not taxed by your NPC Corp.

You would not be taxed/charged on isk expenditure for services, any more than now.
You would, however, be taxed by your NPC corp for any income that enters your wallet.

You will be taxed for income from sales, and anything else that puts isk in your wallet, including an insurance payout.

If you get wardecced as non NPC, you can very easily just reform into a new corp for yourself.

You dont NEED your own Citadel/facilities to operate as a single man corp. All you need, at preference, is a Citadel/facilities that allows you access and is cheap (preferably as close to zero as possible for costs).

Its manageable, and eminently preferable.

Less NPC Corp shipping is good for us all, including the shipping industry.
The NPC flat tax on income I proposed does not affect shipping your own stuff on NPC alts. If you offer 0 isk for a private courier contract, then the NPC corp tax , in isk, is also 0. You can also set collateral to zero, Or, you can just transfer the material to be shipped via trade window.

As I said, Im confident CCP devs can code it so that all isk income, no matter from where or how, is pre-taxed by the NPC corp before the remainder ends up in your wallet. Quite simply, whenever isk is entering your wallet, and you are in NPC Corp, the tax is deducted first by the NPC corp tax rate.

NPC corp gets its cut first on any isk entering your wallet, before it enters your wallet.

And why is them being in NPC corps something that affects you in the least? even if they join a 1 man corp they will just hop to a new corp to dodge any wars you throw at them, and corp hopping from 1 man corp to 1 man corp doesn’t solve any problems you seem to think NPC corps cause

1 Like

This is about tax in a NPC Corp, not about restrictions to join it.
My NPC flat tax on all income proposal does not prevent anyone from joining an NPC Corp at anytime they want, nor staying there indefinitely if they wish.

Nothing in that regard is changed in my NPC flat tax on all income.
They can still, as now, make as many consecutive 1 man corps and hop between them, or NPC corps, as before.

You seem to have lost the plot somewhere here.

This is about NPC tax rate, and how it is applied.

Actually, I think you have, @Salvos_Rhoska. What’s the point of increasing the NPC tax?

Every potential “good point” has been shot down by people as actually not working. It would not make more people vulnerable to wardecs or push new players to player corps. (The arguments are above, don’t ask me “prove it”, just scroll up and read them).

Currently, you seem to be arguing for an increase in NPC corp tax rate for… the sake of taxing NPC corps more, with actually no benefit in sight, just a bunch of downsides. That is a terrible idea.

3 Likes

I see no downsides.
What downsides do you see?

I see just less people in NPC Corps, and more people in Player Corps.
Is that bad in your opinion?