Insta lock + One Shot?

And then you get the smart-bombers, and they can get pretty nasty too.

If anything I’m worried about smart-bombers. Nailing a 'ceptor on a smuggle-run is one thing, but if a properly sub-systemed T3C can’t get through then that is a broken mechanic IMHO.

Just my 2p, but yes you can be killed on an out-gate.

You make it sound like that was in doubt, or wrong somehow.
It’s just the nature of life. The aggressor always has the advantage. The aggressor is able to dictate all the terms of engagement (time, range, environment) and even if the fight happens at all.
The defender is always at a disadvantage at the open.

1 Like

Unless it’s a trap… though it can be argued that then the bait is the passive-aggressor. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This was very likely the Loki that killed the Magnate - it died the same day.

Purely fitted for locking speed. OP likely just had an unfortunate server-tick.

Recommendations for travelling through null to regional gates that have no celestials around them:

1. Make bookmarks away from the gate when there is noone else on grid or local. The next time you come through it will come in handy.
  2. Warp to a celestial first to change your angle, then warp at 100 to the gate you want to go through. Hit Crtl-B during warp and wait until you are in dscan-range of the gate. Press enter to safe the bookmark. Next time you have spot you can safely dscan from if the gate is clear.

Not bullet proof and if you get unlucky with the server ticks, you still may die. But it can reduce the chances.

2 Likes

Yep that was him. But this is my ship lost Heretic Magnate

Well, he definitely pays for his kind of fun: Zmey’s Killboard
In ISK, he lost 2,5 fold what he destroyed. And after he’s lost the Loki, he has no further killboard entry. Poor fellow, has to shoot Newbie ships for fun (Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t shoot a Magnate in Null/WH, but I’m not desperately fitting a billion-ISK-T3-cruiser for that purpose).

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

I was travelling with a loaded tech three thru low sex and had an instal lock gnosis lock me before I could cloak…

luckily, I have learned to fit my ship correctly when it matters most, and had warp core stabs. I was travel fit for 3 se align and 3500m/s velocity, its my special design for proteus… Which works perfectly. Always fit for the operation, location.

Funny thing is, he pointed me, but couldnt hit me, and couldnt keep me on grid to kill me. You have to learn to get the intel you need for what you are going to do, and to assume what could happen and plan accordingly for that.

Travel fits for me, incorporate a few specifications, and one of them is to get out of an insta lock, insta point situation.

Make a table,

list your needs or goals

work in EFT to make fits that can achieve those goals or needs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.