Interdiction Nullify Blockade Runners

Clearly. I don’t want to destroy the game the same way that you “make the game easier” crowd do.

1 Like

Clearly you just want to destroy the game by chasing players away.

Clearly you just want to play on a single-player mode.
What about you actually pick up a single player game ? You keep ranting about Eve. Clearly this game does not suit you.

1 Like

Well, but how easy should it be to choke off traffic through a gate? Should it be as simple as Gate Flash → Drop Bubble → Wait . . . → Ctrl+Double Click? Do you know how absolutely gigantic space is? But you think it should be easy to see, approach, lock, and engage a target that is many kilometers away, that is specifically designed to avoid being seen and locked . . . at what point do you apply the same reasoning to the gate campers?

1 Like

You forgot that the campers are also many more people than the runner.

You know what defeats gate campers ? scouting with a cheap alt.

You are clearly not familiar with the concept of a blockade. If I don’t get cargo through the blockade, then I have not “defeated” the blockade. And, again, ::alt:: NO!

1 Like

Re-approach gate, cloak, mwd, jump, warp away, (the interdictor is aggressed so can’t jump) or just wait until they come through and repeat.
There is no foolproof method but recon and being patient helps.

I like this

1 Like

Dictor is not agressed.
I killed, with other people, BRs on gates in NS and it just can’t do anything is the campers know what they do.

That is exactly what I said.
You are not supposed to be better with one ship than 10 other people each with their ship.
You are not supposed to defeat ANY blockade.

1 Like

1 blockade runner can haul more than, like, 100 interceptors. Do you object?
10 dudes camping a gate in battlecruisers should be better than 1 dude camping a gate in a blockade runner.
I agree.

Are you familiar with the term asymmetry or asymmetrical warfare? It basically means 1 dude can be better than 10 dudes, because the 10 dudes were sleeping or pooping when the 1 dude started killing them.

But . . . but . . . how do I play game? :worried:

1 Like

Get friends, get alts, or be sure you only meet people who are pooping while sleeping.

2 Likes

Removed some off topic posts.

1 Like

Much as I like this idea ( I adapted a proteus that almost made the Simple Farmers gauntlet ) I’m afraid that, well, it ain’t gonna fly.

Almost made the gauntlet. Insta-lockers get lucky and… The whole ‘gating’ mechanic isn’t strong enough. The hunter still has the edge.

So you’re left with jump-freighters, that thankfully have NOT been nerfed yet.

Assuming you have someone to sell to in Null. I’ve heard rumblings of many a player cancelling their subscriptions ( would want to see the official data here as the next month rolls out ).

A correctly fit and flown blockade runner is almost impossible to catch.

Use hyperspatial rigs, nanos, and the mwd cloak trick, and scout and learn the rhythms of the route you take.

If you’re trying to run a Simple Farmer’s gate camp, well that’s like trying to wheel suitcases of cocaine through JFK’s international terminal. Just not a good idea.

Even a nullified BR would get caught there, because it can’t cloak with all the cans out, so you’d just get insta locked by some Keres while aligning and explode anyway.

1 Like

So you are still charging at gates without thinking about it.

Killboards, map statistics, alt scouts.

You are trying to make out it’s easy to catch a blockade runner. But that’s clearly not true.

It’s just not impossible and that seems to be what you want. To get through any gate, any time with little effort or planning no matter the effort of the gate campers.

The same reasoning is already being applied to the campers.

Are they whining? Do they want to capture every single ship that goes through a gate 100% of the time whilst playing solo and using nothing but the mods on their ship?

No.

Gate campers go to lengths in a group to set up an effective camp. The solo campers often have to accept they won’t catch all targets.

Stop being entitled.

1 Like

They may not be whining NOW, but they sure are whiners. Why do you think bubbles are in the game to begin with?
Do this experiment: Get some friends each in their own vehicle, at least one motorcycle. Go to the nearest freeway on-ramp and try “tackling” a Ford F-150. Then tell me which one of us is being "entitled’, me for thinking the spaceship should just keep flying or you for thinking the F-150 should not have have run you over.

No they don’t. Their ships do what they are advertised as. Blockade runners do not. That’s the gist of this thread; isn’t it?

A heavy interdictor at a gate in null can interdict ALL targets, well, except the nullified ones. I think that’s working as intended.
A blockade runner is interdicted 100% of the time by a hostile interdictor on a gate in null. I think that is also working as intended.

But, again, we seem to be misunderstanding the concept of a blockade. It is not a solo action to begin with. And, it’s not an action taken against just opposing players/people. It requires surmounting the challenges that the environment presents. It’s not PVP. It’s PVP+E. The E, the environment, is the larger part of the problem for a blockading entity.

Okay, sure, 10 guys should be able to overcome 1 guy, but in a blockade scenario, they have a limited amount of time to do so, with limited information, and with a lot of ground to cover. ← This is why 1 player should be able to achieve his objective in the face of 10 players trying to stop him. They have taken on the more difficult task, by far. They have 5 seconds to win (well, more given interdiction), and he has all the time in the world to decide when and where to start the clock.
Someone at CCP decided a long time ago that the blockaders SHOULD win, even though it is such a difficult challenge. Was that the right decision?

2 Likes

you, for making completely irrelevant comparisons.

This is why YOU are wrong. The gatecampers usually have cloaked alts on the gate, that allows them to know what to take and when to leave.
You just think that by not doing the same amount of effort you should overcome their efforts.
This is why you are the “entitled” one.

1 Like

I compare stopping a vehicle from moving with stopping a vehicle form moving. Just because you got triggered doesn’t make it an irrelevant comparison.

Stack up at a gate → Drop bubble when the gate flashes → Ctrl+Double click → F1
What “effort” are you referring to?
Should it be easy to kill things? Yeah, even from 12 kilometers away, assuming you are technologically advanced enough to have interstellar spaceships.
But, it’s also easy to not get killed, so easy that idiots like you and me do it every day.

The weird thing about this all is, still, no one is complaining about jump capable ships or bridging. That nullifies the “effort” of gate campers, and jump freighters have HUUUUUUUGE cargoholds compared to blockade runners. You can’t have it both ways.

1 Like

They still run blockades. But not all blockades without effort or compromise.

But i guess you want to change the name?

No it can’t. A hictor working alone is not an effective camp and will not successfully blockade all targets.

Neither is blockade running. It is most effectively done in groups and with preparation. What you want is to fly around half assed and get away with it.

You compare a video game about spaceships that shoot each other to a highway. That is completely irrelevant.

Dude make some gatecamp and you’ll understand what efforts it requires.

There is no point arguing with you, since you think your opinion is relevant while you clearly have no idea of how it goes for other people.