Interdiction Sphere Launchers and Empire Space

It bothers me how ISLs, and to a lesser extent, Interdictors, have no role in Empire space.

Another thing that bothers me, though others may find otherwise, is how difficult it is to tackle a supercapital ship in Lowsec. Currently you either need:

a hic - relatively slow and must forego remote assistance in order to maintain tackle.

a capital ship fitted with multiple heavy scramblers - no ongrid mobility, jump tunnel delay.

a fleet with multiple tackle ships - sure a large blob of atrons might take a super by surprise and get that initial tackle, but it shouldn’t take a fleet to grab a single ship. So we go back to the question of giving a specialized fast tackle ship, the Interdictor, a role in Lowsec.

I think that, much like the Heavy Interdictors, the Interdictor destroyers should have a charge that is usable in Empire Space. My idea is to create a new type of probe, a repurposed Survey probe ( These are used to scan Moons and their material composition, they shoot in a straight line in the direction that your ship is pointing and travel at a fixed speed until they hit their target).

Should this interdiction probe hit a ship in its path, it would apply a warp disruption field effect (infinite point) for a period of time.

This would give interdictors a role in lowsec space in addition to being (a much needed, imo) threat to supers in low.

1 Like

The only way dictors will see a change like this in lowsec is if firing off the launcher creates a weapon timer.

Considering that groups like LSH, Purple Helmet and Ivana do just fine destroying capitals and super capitals left and right, there is no need for such a module. Plus, Dictors already have plenty of use in null sec and are consistently among the top destruction-enabling ships.

those groups camp whole regions for travel supers to fall on their bait citadel traps, catching a combat super is a whole different can of worms.

Secondly, dictors have NO role in lowsec, which is what this thread is all about.

Because hictors do the job so much better anyways.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.