Greetings! I’ve been working on a website for the past year or so, and I’m excited to finally release it. The site is called EVE Killmap- it’s a tool for spatial kill visualization.
First, some background: CCP/FC began attaching positional data (x, y, and z coordinates) to killmails back in 2015. This data is how kill boards like zKillboard calculate the nearest celestial object to the kill. Aside from that usage, however, I haven’t seen anyone do much else with this data.
Thus, my idea for EVE Killmap was born: a site which renders killmails at their actual positions within a three-dimensional rendered model of the solar system.
A (non-comprehensive) list of features:
- Three-dimensional scenes of all EVE Online solar systems, with stars, planets, moons, stations, etc. placed at true position and scale
- Every positioned killmail since 2015 that was posted to zKillboard rendered at its true position within the system
- Kill clustering to maximize performance
- Time range slider to show kills within a user-defined time period
- Playback mode to show how kill locations and clustering evolve over time
- Universe maps for New Eden, Anoikis, Abyssal Deadspace, and tutorial systems, with systems colorable by kill count and other metrics
- Sovereignty overlay on the map view, adapted from the sovereignty map at verite.space
- Live kill feed that displays kills as they’re posted to zKill
- Ability to filter kills by ship type, weapon type, character, corp, alliance, faction, and war
- Per-system statistics, courtesy of zKill
- Top system lists and leaderboards
- Shareable links, PNG screenshots, and raw data export via CSV
- No EVE Online account login required
- Free and open-source
EVE Killmap isn’t meant to replace zKillboard or other kill boards, it’s meant to complement them. I began the project on a “just for fun” basis, with no real end goal in mind. However, as the project evolved and new features were added, I realized it had some potential to complement existing intel tools.
Do expect bugs. While I’ve tested as exhaustively as I can, some things inevitably slip through the cracks. I also have a large backlog of features I intend to add in the future but haven’t gotten around to just yet.
For anyone interested in the technical side, the frontend is an SPA built with Vite, React, TypeScript, and three.js (via React Three Fiber). The backend serves an HTTP API using FastAPI and Uvicorn. Kills are processed via a daemonized Python script. I also wrote another one-off Python script that processes the EVE SDE into compact, precompressed JSON files served to the frontend via CDN. Killmails and other metadata (characters, types, etc.) are stored in Postgres, and Redis is used as a caching layer. For more details on how the entire project works, check out the about page.
Some screenshots of the site:
Feel free to reach out if you have any feedback or issues. Bug reports and feature requests are also welcome on GitHub.
Note: the site tends to run much better on Chromium-based browsers. Three.js/WebGL performance is rather poor on Firefox.
And finally, big thanks to Squizz for maintaining zKillboard and ensuring its API remains freely accessible. Without it, EVE Killmap would not have been possible.





