Introducing Exordium!

Considering how region connections work (gate connections dictate which nebulae you see) and how these embassy constellations are representations of the four empires, it would be lovely to see the main nebulae in each embassy, and a Genesis style 4 nebulae mix in the central hub constellation.

2 Likes

Not to forget this one:

4 Likes

And that is why nobody new will ever play the game, because everybody has the “alphas deserve nothing” mindset. So enjoy killing the same people you kill every day.

Omegas are just scared that alphas actually care about the game and can’t afford it. It is not just EVE; everything is a microtransaction these days and people have to pick and choose what they pay for.

As a filmmaker who needs all the streaming services and has rent, food, and you name it, I can’t afford to spend money on a game with a bunch of elitist people that think we deserve nothing. If the nuclear climate was a little bit nicer, then I could see coughing up a year’s worth of cash. But I’m sorry, I’d like to eat something more than ramen noodles.

Besides, when I started EVE very long ago, I thought it was cool that CCP rewarded people for playing the game by being able to buy Omega with PLEX. I set that as a goal for myself, I kept that goal for myself, and I will continue to keep that goal for myself if I decide to play anymore

1 Like

Alphas pay nothing, so that seems fair.

5 Likes

That is the funniest, most truthful thing I have ever seen about EVE.

If you’d like to pay my bills so I can play this game the way you think it should be played, be my guest.

Good! The last thing we want is some scrubby noob coming in and trying to take resources away from more deserving players!

2 Likes

If you are an alpha, then I am paying your bills.

You’re welcome.

You have come into a thread about new players and are complaining that alpha accounts don’t get enough love.

Not all new players are alphas, and given the economics I’m guessing that CCP are mostly interested in new players who are not alpha.

Yes?

What is your expectation? And why is it different?

What?

What kind of statement is that. Omegas are scared of…huh?

Its your issue that you cant pay for a game, then turn it around on us omegas that do pay…and now we are scared of you because you care more than we do?

Did i get that right?

Oh boy, i need an early morning drink now after reading that.

3 Likes

Any real newbie will probably be more impressed about seeing Titans next to the Amarr Main Station. Because they are big and shiny and they will immediately understand that these are pretty special.
For most AT ships, a real newb won’t even recognize it as “special” and the fresh-alts of Veterans simply won’t care, as they are leaving the area immediately in most cases.

If anything, I think its a good thing, because there could be Events held by collectors for the community, to make a Parade of very rare and unique ships that some people have never seen in 20 years and probably never would if they would be forever in some collectors hangar. Now at special dates or anniversaries there could be Parades and Shows, with Fireworks and Streams and all that, presenting the most rare ships in the Universe. Great content for those interested and maybe even nice bit of advertising for the game.

2 Likes

It is the same in all systems there.

What could also be cool is something similar like in Pochven, having current skyboxes with some effects over it.

To be honest, I hope CCP does not use the over-used and ridiculous Pochven/storm/ice belt skybox effect in any more places.

Not until they’ve reworked it anyways, and have removed the horizon of that thing.

How is everyone else unbothered by the sight of two horizontal planes of clouds moving towards a distant horizon in those systems?

Horizontal horizons in space?

It’s ridiculous.

It’s like seeing a flock of birds fly by while I fly in Pochven, completely out of place. We’re not on Earth where clouds float in a horizontal plane, we’re supposed to be in 3D space.

Anyway I hope new players get to see pretty skyboxes, not what I think is a big overused error.

4 Likes

yeeeaaaaaahhhhh slowly turning this game into EvE Echoes. HARD PASS. There will be people who will never leave that area and exploit it as usual.

5 Likes

After 20+ years we’ve run full circle and got back to Yulai and Zombies Inc. :rofl:

Or M0O and Mara (although I also think the hellcamped Niarja :thinking:). :smiley:

whilst letting the rest of the riff raff in screwing up their experience in the meantime. sure go right ahead see how long people stay around

So after 30 days a player is deemed to be a veteran and not allowed to be mining and doing other stuff in Exordium? Meaning also 31 day old players need to leave the region if they want to do anything that generates isk or other income?

Is there a way to report people if i enter an asteroid belt and see a character with an active mining laser that is more than 30 days old? How will i report it?

I mean i can openly say i planned to go there for a little mining fun maybe, but if it is forbidden for me and also a bannable offense, then it is forbidden for everyone above 30 days as well, right? Everyone treated equally and such?

Silly you, believing them when they say they’re going to monitor the situation and intervene if it becomes necessary. The new region exists to be a safe haven for highsec carebears, the newbies are just the excuse we’re being given. If it was truly about new players the region wouldn’t need to be half as big as it is, and they would have designed it to incorporate a proper PvP tutorial, as not getting newbies into shooting other players is the biggest failing of the old tutorials (which only show the mind-bogglingly boring activities of running missions, mining, and highsec exploration).

That’s why i want to help CCP. There will be vets not knowing that it is forbidden to mine in Exordium and there will be new characters staying there and continuing to do their stuff on day 31 as usual, because they did it for the last 30 days and ignore the popup or don’t understand it.
I would find it unfair if it is enforced on the older players not to use all space of EVE, but not for the new players after 30 days. Treating players unequal under a given rule would lead to tensions.

Being not allowed to use the space besides travelling and chat has never been an issue with the old starter systems.

This leads to more questions: Am i allowed to seed the markets in Exordium with stuff and do contracts and station trading or is this considered “farming the content in Exordium” aka “farming the new pilots” and forbidden?

Also a very basic thing came to my mind for example. There are folks finding fun in flying around and seeding the markets with shuttles anywhere they can. They would also mine the required veldspar just in the same system to keep it easy.

In Exordium this would be a bannable offense. You could possibly produce the shuttles there, but mining the required minerals would get you banned.