Introducing Exordium!

yep got to sasy a single gate system as a n exist point is massivly stupid and just waiting to be abused - try at the end of the noob experiance allow them to jump to any high sec susyem of choice

What will happen to the starter systems?

Will they be converted to normal systems?

Hell no.

If anything move the entry gate to Frarn so it’s right between Amarr and Caldari. But we liberated Niarja fair and square and a highsec Jita-Amarr shortcut must never ever exist again.

1 Like

This addon seem very speculative depending on how it is handled it could be the best thing to happen or the worst.

CCP Fozzie is the lead on this one?

I will link this here.

Later on I had this to say…

I don’t see any point to asking question here, there are no answers from any of the officials. My omega runs out this summer, July 17th. I suppose until then, I will err on the side of caution. I will start pumping the breaks now.

My best wishes to all the players.

1 Like

It’s going to be a very interesting gate though.

Not because of the newbies that cross it, but because it’s the choke point for AT ships to be hauled towards safesec space.

I imagine more than a few AT ships will cross that gate so owners can fly the ships in complete safety.

3 Likes

I am not anti-change, I am anti-bad-changes. History teaches us that CCP is mostly only capable of delivering bad or barely questionable changes.

1 Like

Do I see right that Exordium has the same skybox as the Sinq Laison Region? Was just checking some planets in planetary industry to see the Skybox there.
Is that just a placeholder right now or is it intended?

What exactly does mean that it becomes noticeable?
For example, career agents are important to fix faction standings by vets, especially since they no longer give derived standing losses. Does that mean it is not allowed to come to exordium to do the career agents with intention to fix faction standings, after having done the regular ones maybe years ago?
And what about doing the content to create tutorials or other content for new players that teaches them how this works?
I think it needs somehow clear explanation on when it is too much. Like I can also imagine that veterans want to do some sites there first to know how they work, so that they can later on help new players how to do them. It would also be interesting to know how Escalations from anomalies outside Exordium are threated, as well as agents outside Exordium sending you through this Region to do a mission (or pick items up in courier missions)

And what about using this space to store AT Ships or other extremely expensive modules? Is it ok to show off AT Ships to new players? Or are there ways to limit entry to certain ship types.

Also, another thing: What is with seasonal event sites like Crimson Harvest and Winter Nexus, as well as Wormholes, do they normally spawn in Exordium?

2 Likes

No saying you are going to repeat that and certainly not in Yulai, but Code./Safety. certainly has a knack for easy targets. :innocent:

1 Like

MAKE YULAI GREAT AGAIN

4 Likes

You do realize that this is the worst thing you could have done for new people? Now they’re just going to make fun of us even more.

You do realize that this is the Wild West of games, and people really don’t care one bit if they gank a rookie or not. The minute they jump out of this new system, they will get dead.

How can you not think of the implications for new players as soon as they leave this system? All you’ve done is successfully made EVE worse for new players. They’re just going to kill us all. If you really want to help new players, give us the ability to fly ships and do things that won’t get us killed. I’m speaking as a person who has jumped in and out of EVE several times and left frustrated.

People think I’m just looking for sympathy because of my disability which I am most certainly not. Case in point: the other day when I forgot that it was 1 million ISK to start a corporation.

Because I didn’t have 1 million people think I was in English Help begging for money (which I wasn’t). I simply was saying, “Oh my gosh, I forgot it was 1 million to start a corporation.” or not being able to do things as an Alpha that would help a corporation. Now I’m back again, and it is the same problem. The best way to help new players is to let Alphas fly and do things that people will want to help with. I have given up on joining a corporation for lots of reasons, including time differences.

Contrary to popular belief, EVE is not a welcoming place for new players, no matter if you join “newbie-friendly” corporations or not. EVE is a place where if you’re not in low-sec space, nothing happens. People will disagree with me, but this whole game is designed to be a “let me see how fast I can blow up your ship” type of situation. All I can say is thank you for attempting to help new players and failing miserably. You should have just given Alphas more freedom in what they can fly and more skill points that they can be allowed; 5 million is not enough. You could have let us fly one decent PvP ship and give us access to Tier 2 modules in some form. Other than that, newbies are dead in the water (well, space water). thanks for listening.

1 Like

that s not true. it s fluctuating at least their active status. like most games. it s just not so obvious because it s hidden behind a wall of multis.

1 Like

New players have had that ability for years already:

Bigger is not better, it’s the small cheap T1 ships new players start in that mostly aren’t worth killing in high security space.

Nobody will care to consistently kill newbies who exit Exordium and spread through HS, just like nobody is killing newbies in HS en masse right now.

Good question!

I’d love to see a new skybox, but if I recall Exordium on the 3D map it’s more like five regions connected.

Since you checked, do you know if the skybox in for example the Minmatar corner was the same as the Amarr corner?

I would expect at least 4 distinct skyboxes, one for each quadrant ( perhaps shared with an existing skybox of the nearest Gal/Cal/Ama/Min region to the quadrants), as well as a skybox for the middle part.

How will the Exordium skyboxes work CCP?

1 Like

This, this here is the problem.
Why not people?
This game is meant to be hard.

:troll:

1 Like

Just more worthless ■■■■ , CCP has out done itself with Garbage Ugrades that allow the Character farming trash to ruin eve for those of who are not selfish losers…

No wonder the trash makes new accounts every bloody day, got to keep those fake numbers up somehow.

1 Like

That doesn’t really make much sense.

The AT ships can’t do anything there, so why would anyone go there?

It’s the first time AT ships can safely undock without being a massive target.

Can they do much there? Remains to be seen, but players can show off their expensive hangar ornaments for the first time without risk in Exordium.

Exordium is like the yellow (safe) zones in Albion online, where it is not uncommon to see players prancing around showing off the most expensive equipment in the game to do newbie content, just because it is safe.

I can guarantee a number of AT ships will cross that gate.

2 Likes

To who? Nobody will be there to see.

I really doubt much of that will occur, and if it does, so what? They fly around in a circle doing nothing. Exciting stuff!

Nothing!

They’re free to do so.

I’m just making predictions.

You really expect for new players to fly Punishers to Jita and not get killed carrying modules that may or may not help them a little bit later? Please. CCP has a major issue with getting new players because there aren’t really that many. It’s all just alt accounts that they refuse to believe; it’s not expanding the player base. There is no ship that gives an advantage to a new player that is Alpha-friendly. We need access to better ships and T2 modules; this is the only way anybody in EVE survives, and anybody that disputes this fact hasn’t been a new player in a long time.

Alphas deserve nothing.

2 Likes