Im creating a new soe alt account as well.
I wonder how 3D Vision is holding up. I knew people were using a community patch to keep Nvidia’s implementation going on modern PC’s, but I imagine EVE has evolved in ways that might make the old implementation not work.
It’s kind of a pain to get to Meridian right now (14+ jumps), so I don’t think I’ll frequent it much (if at all). Definitely no new characters for me (already have 3 Omega).
But I’m really hoping it’s a big hit and exceeds expectations.
I’m going to run it with an Alpha account, that should let me see how it actually works for brand new players…
Manifest.
You are not up to date. Companies are currently starting or have started to fire tokenmaxxers.
Who would have thought that tokenmaxxing is no valid measure for quality.
Now the revolution eats its children.
AHH The more corporate keeps trying to track productivity. The more ways employees find to game the system. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I’m considering making a new character to run through Exordium/NPE so I can form my own first hand opinion. I’ll also give this experiment a few months to see how it all works. It took CCP/FC many, many years to try a dedicated new player area so let’s hold off on the pitchforks, statue shooting and forum flaming and actually see how Exordium works based on the true finalized rules and stats.
I’m curious to see how veterans see it vs actual new players. There might be a difference?
Yeah, that works too… ![]()
maybe he’s trying to get to @Meridan_Night
It would have been a much better system name. But I’m glad it wasn’t used on a noob area.
All gone, just like in Jita, but not Jita prices yet.
Vets have mixed feelings, I am nearly a vet, and think Exordium’s great. Others have suggested it will not improve retention.
Also lots of activity there with ships that cannot be destroyed there: AT ships and random unusual ships spotted already - a zephyr on gate for a while was fun.
Market filling nicely, supplies for especially Matari rookie systems will be much easier and more pleasurable for noobs and suppliers alike.
And you can do the other 7 career agents within 24 jumps. Should you want to. And also should you want to supply the Region with kernite, I guess.
Lots of recruitment setting-up activity.
Shame the ores are not Insipid Scordite and Feeble Veldspar, or at least have a switchable ore name (like with the map views). Bring back old ore names at least for us Geologists !
An exemplar Player Structure / station for extra offices and free buffs and tethering (like in old-Ourapheh, but active and useable) might help the learning curve in Manifest, imo.
Urgh, sorry, got off-topic.
This is the biggest thing a lot of people arent thinking about. They complain about people leaving the game…but nobody wants to put in the work to try and garner new folks in and actually put the time into trying to make their experience positive enough to stay awhile.
But i already know the response ill get on that.
This is one of the things that can make this area special and maybe fun – for displaying ultra-rare ships that are undockable anywhere else. I would like to see such ships in space, and I would also like to show off mine. So, this area can also be a kind of a parade ground and I think that could be neat.
Since when is a Zephyr a rarity though?
I imagine that future AT ships sales will take place exclusively in Exordium.
No one knows what’s going to happen. CCP has failed to get players to do what they want almost every single time. We are all going to have to wait and see. I’m not going to
on an idea that hasn’t been tried yet.
Youve repeated this statement in countless posts. Do any gaming developers out there give players what they want? Yes? No?
You could say that about any number of games out there…the statement literally means little to nothing when compared to all the doomongering that going on.
You and many other people already have,
Boy do you get your so called facts wrong. ![]()