Introducing Exordium!

Constantly applying balance changes to an MMO is standard practice. When the devs nerf hauling, mining, etc. or boost ganking you don’t complain I assume. Same now just the other way around. Working as intended. :thinking:

:wink:

Why are you griefing them poor gankers, think of the children. :thinking:

:smirking_face: :popcorn: :ccpguard:

6 Likes

I am not sure what are you trying here.

  1. antigankers crying about ganking being buffed
  2. I come to soothen their tears explaining that not only ganking didn’t get buffed, it got nerfed hard
  3. you reply that you don’t believe that
  4. I explain what those nerfs are in detail
  5. you try to imply that I am the one crying

I get it. You got ganked by Aiko in past and she extracted a lot of salt from you. So now you are trying to repay back. But you are failing in that. This is not how you do it. This makes absolutely no sense and you just look like idiot. But obviously the antigank crowd (or you do it yourself with forum alts) is gonna like your posts no matter how stupid they are, so you can believe that you “won”. I mean antigankers always win in their twisted minds, even if they respawn back i home station in capsule they somehow always believe they won. :rofl:

2 Likes

I swear, some of the posts that get flagged lead me to believe that gankers are some of the biggest carebears…

3 Likes

I don’t know about that, I got 3 of my replies to AGs deleted recently, and I fully expect my above post to be soon hidden and deleted too. No sir, antigankers are the ones who controls and abuses the forum system.

You’re an odd duck who is never going to turn into a swan.

1 Like

Ok, I will agree that there is definitely a problem of alt accounts using and abusing the forum systems…

However, it’s not the group you think it is… I hate to say this but right now you’re so far out there in left field that you’ve actually floated off the beaten path…

Time to put the Gravity Boots back on and come back to reality, down here on solid ground…

DMC
o7

2 Likes

Jeezz, i could tell this to quite a few of the members of this forum.

Sometimes its just emotions just overtaking good logic.

And im a ganker supporter. :slight_smile:

:rose:

3 Likes

I’m neither for or against it…

However I do support having an equal balance of risk vs reward along with meaningful consequences for actions..

DMC
o7

6 Likes

Oh you mean those 1day (at the time of posting new antiganking thread) clean alts with no zkill history that are spamming entire forums with antigank propaganda? Because I don’t see the same being done with the other side. But maybe I am blind and biased…

No, I mean it doesn’t matter what the thread topic is, there’s been a long time problem of alt accounts using and abusing the forum systems, mainly the flag/report system…

Although I am starting to become more inclined to say you’re blind and biased due to constantly ranting about antiganking stuff…

DMC
o7

1 Like

I hate to say it, but I think this whole “anti-ganking” claim is really overblown (if not outright imagined). Anytime there isn’t a specific pro-ganking change in any EVE update out roll the “anti-ganking” claims. Exordium is a great example. If gankers weren’t preying on new players anyway (as they always claim), then it shouldn’t have mattered?

5 Likes

I agree…

However I tend to think if CCP/FC’s claim that new players are not being ganked is true, then why did they go to all the trouble of making Exordium Region a no PvP safe space?

Yeah, like CCP said back during the 2011 Summer Of Rage - Let’s look at what they do, not what they say…

So now I’m looking at what they did and not what they said…

DMC
o7

4 Likes

I think it’s a combination of things.

First, the “no PvP” aspect doesn’t just apply to ganking - but duel baiting, suspect baiting, team killing (fleet or corporation) and abuse of in-game mechanics (FW, kill rights, high-sec wardecs, etc.) Taken together I suspect that new player kills are more than the “drop in the bucket” most claim and substantially higher than most realize.

Second, no player-owned structures means fewer (all?) courier scams, absurd taxation, access games, etc. And without a massive (and unregulated) trading hub like Jita - it means a minimum of “isk doubling” (etc.) scams propagated against new players.

Finally, there’s no vast income/wealth to exploit. No one’s running 10-billion ISK clones on multi-billion ISK hulls for L4s, Burners or Abyssals. You’re not seeing 10-20+ Porpoise/Orca-boosted fleets strip-mining ice fields or rare ore anomalies out in rapid progression. There’s just no obscene wealth to go after, and the occasional AT ships on display are purely eye candy (not unlike the uber rare high-sec dreadnought that is out mining).

2 Likes

So hunt somewhere else! I know of many systems all over Highsec that have targets for gankers.

2 Likes

Not so much against it as I have reservations and concerns. I am hoping to be happily proven wrong, but only time will tell of this works or not for player retention.

inb4: EVE has sound??

So we’re ~2 months in, and aside from an AT ship parade or two - what has Exordium achieved?

You haven’t noticed the thousands of new players?

Oh.

5 Likes

Exactly… right?