Technically, yes. Although in reality, probably not. Honestly, I think the “safe” aspect of Exordium is a non-issue in the grand scheme of things.
Pretty much what I’ve been saying… They’re not going to come right out and admit there’s a problem… Instead they just implement those changes and state a different reason for it, such as new player friends can’t meet / fleet together due to the vast distance between their locations… That’s fine and a plausible reason for creating a new starter region… However, making that region a totally no PvP safe zone and using the excuse that new players are quitting Eve due to hearing horror stories about ganking… Well, I find that very hard to believe…
Considering the entire time on these forums since Exordium was announced has been gankers in threads complaining they can’t gank in the newb space tells you immediately FC are lying out their asses about the rate of newb ganking.
I absolutely believe that CCP didn’t lie about that.
But it is absolutely likely that players do ragequit for good when ganked.
The reason why both statements can be true is that for CCP new player is a player that is 30 days old or less and is not an alt account linked to existing email of a veteran player. 30 days old players (that are not a veteran alts) typically don’t fly minig barges. Or didn’t before CCP started selling mining barge with skills for it for cash. Even then retriever ganks are very rare, and even rarer in high high security space and extremely rare outside caldari space. The chance that this one player in entire game who targets t1 barges in 0.9 in caldari space found a 30 days old player outside of the no-gank systems (career agent and starting systems) is very very low. (And afaik he checks the ages of his victim so he don’t gank <30 days old).
But then since CCP is heavily advertising mining, I bet that majority of the new player is successfully herded into mining barges and eventually fly it and mine with it, beyond their 30 days. And they go mine into 0.6 or lower, lowsec even and obviously it won’t take long for them to get ganked. And I do expect that most of them will quit instantly, write a negative steam review and never return.
But are such players a target audience? Should CCP really cave to players of this kind? And now when CCP did, will it actually work? Will they really stay in the 100% safe area with nerfed mining and nerfed refining? If they make that mistake of bringing their 0 tank Retriever into Uedama for that sweet Omber or Kubinen for that sweet Kernite and they get instantly ganked, why shouldn’t they again instantly ragequit and leave bad review on steam? If they did it before at that moment of getting killed, just so that they can mine, inefficiently, in safe zone, is supposed to change that? I don’t think so…
Problem is that veterans can go inside. True newbies have nothing worth to gank anyway. If that was newb space only, nobody would give a ****. I mean the main complaint of safe space destroying EVE identity would still hold, but it wouldn’t be that big deal. But since veterans can go there and be 100% safe from PvP is what we dislike.
Seriously this whole safe zone seems to me to be lobbied by the players who likes to flex in front of others. It is no surprise they showed only after the new area was populated by newbies, they weren’t doing that when it was empty. Well I was making several new accounts to abuse the 7 day cheap omega offer. And the first thing I did when I spawned in Exordium station was to disembark into capsule, destroy the rookie ship, set home station to the school system and selfdestruct. That way I didn’t have to look at those stupid flexers who are AFKing with outdated ships in front of the stations at all!
Well, it’s not always about ISK value, some do it to pad Killboard stats, some do it out of spite, some do it out of boredom and some do it for the lulz…
Anyway, to me the reason’s stated for implementing a safe no pvp area just seem far fetched..
Guess it doesn’t really matter now, the safe space is active and hopefully it helps increase the amount of players in-game…
DMC
o7
New players quit out of sheer boredom. If ganking is a cause, it’s way down the list…
They outright said the number of players who left while ganked is not a problem. Straight out of their exordium post. So why make it at all? And the price to pay is all the old 1.0 Sec systems got nerfed as collateral damage.
Yes, I know what they said… And I don’t believe them… No reason to make a no PvP safe zone for new players if it’s not a problem…
And yeah, they could have easily made Exordium Region +2.00 security no PvP safe zone and just left all the other systems alone…
Turning all the other +1.0 security systems into +0.9 security lowers Concord response time so there’s that to consider…
DMC
o7
Doesn’t matter which way they change system security. If they made it easier to gank, then you’ll just have to fly smarter. If they made it harder to gank, they’ll just send more ships. Ganking isn’t going away no matter what they do…
The sickening disgust of the High Sec ganker preying on Rookies is like a Blue Gill sitting in the spawn bed and waiting for young fish to hatch and then eat.
I just returned from a year’s absence, and in the month I’ve been back I’ve seen a grand total of two (2) flashy yellows lurking outside the major trading hubs. No gankers - nothing.
One of the flashies tried to bait me into a fight while on a mission (props to him for probing me down) by shooting my MTU, but I bailed and the NPC aggro forced him to flee. I returned later and scooped the MTU.
I lost one MTU after I left it behind and someone probed it down for the kill (again, kudos on the initiative).
If high-sec is dangerous - I’m just not seeing it in my travels. Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary…
and this is why I gave up mission jumping.
Your average mission runner is too clued up to attack a mission jumper these days.
![]()
This is crazy how is AG crowd repeating this nonsense because they have no clue about ganking mechanics.
CCP even oficially posted a disclaimer here on forums that the CONCORD response between 1.0 and 0.9 was always exactly the same.
Not a single change in this expansion helps gankers. It is massive gankers nerf on all fronts.
Was it supposed to? Outside Jita, do gankers really operate much in 0.9 systems anyway?
Look, more ganker tears.
![]()
I thought you guys just “adapted to changes”, and never cried about anything.
Your post makes no sense. I never implied that there should be a buff to ganking. I simply explained, or tried to, to the AG crowd that ganking wasn’t buffed in this patch as they keep repeating. And that in fact it got indirectly nerfed by the new routes and existance of absolutely no-pvp zone (which also indirectly nerfs killright hunters among others).
So dont hunt people there. No one is making profit in 1.0 now.
I think that’s a stretch…
Jesus, hard denial are we? How many ganks did you see on route between Mnmatar and Amarr since new expansion? All ganking spots outside of caldari space seen a 50% traffic decrease. Some even more than that, Minmatar->Amarr specifically. That route is completely worthless now with no 0.6/0.5 on the route. The new Amarr->Jita route seems pretty dead too, nobody is ganking there and it doesn’t look like that will change. If they go to Jita they come to Uedama, if not they are not going through there at all.

Ganker tears are always the saltiest…