Introducing Exordium!

I could tell you, but then you’d know who I really am. :rofl:

@CCP_Swift Hi there. Now that we are a solid 30 days into the expansion, and new players spawning in Exordium, whatabout removing the restrictions on deploying MTUs in “old” rookie/career systems? Missions send us there, including the Amarr Epic Arc at times.

There is no good reason to prevent deploying “expensive” MTUs for mission runners, when you still allow all sorts of cheap containers with ads as name around stations (and preventing ads were supposedly the reason to ban MTU and Mobile Depot).

I know you can set a minimum distance from something to deploy stuff. So at the very least, if for some VERY good reason you can’t remove the restriction, at least allow the MTU to deploy from a distance that can’t be seen on the overview from gates and stations. Would this be good enough? Again, I don’t see a good reason to maintain the ban on MTUs in those old starter systems. But if the fear is “ads are polluting the overview”, there has to be a distance from gates and stations where the MTUs can’t be seen. What is it? 20000km ? 100000km ?

And whatabout the wrecks disappearing after 30-ish minutes instead of 60-90 in those old starter system? Is this still relevent?

2 Likes

I think this is a good sign that the old starter systems are not completely changed just yet. If Exordium doesn’t show the predicted traction of new players and instead an increased loss of retention, they can quickly revert back. No harm done just yet.

So the plan would be to… shut down the stargate(s) leading into Exordium? You can leave - but never check-in!

2 Likes

Then you should post with your main like I do otherwise it’s impossible to take you as nothing more than another troll. :rofl:

5 Likes

Trolls? On the forums? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Being one of them, you should know better than I. :smirking_face:

3 Likes

Hey there Suki! While new players are still spawning in Exordium, there are still a significant number of characters that have started the career agent progress in the old starter systems so we want to give it a bit more time before lifting restrictions in those systems.

With regards to the wrecks, there is no modifier for wrecks in the starter system that would make them (or jet cans) despawn faster than other areas of space.

1 Like

Good! Sounds like a yes, with a slight delay :slight_smile:

There is! 30 minutes in (old for sure) starter systems (don’t know for Exordium). Not sure when it was introduced, but I found people “complaining” about this short delay back in 2023 already, so I’m not the only one to witness this. And I’m pretty confident it was a change, so since I joined around the pandemic, it was probably somewhere between then and 2023.

If you (devs) forgot to add this time restriction in Exordium, that’s fine. Since there is no pvp (I think you can’t duel there, so no one doing the AIR program achievement) there is probably not as much, if any at all, player ship wrecks around the stations in Exordium.

1 Like

June is out. Exordium barely made a dent in the economy. Which is by designed. Not much proffit. just enough ISK to get a new player started elsewhere. While I have my reservations on of this. It might just prove to be the step needed. But it will be -player retention that is going to matter. As many the new players come out exordium in these next few days or weeks. Maybe.. Maybe? This was a good step? But time and the numbers in the next few months is still going to be when this proves to be a good step or a misstep.

1 Like

Lots of feedback here from long term players and it’s all basically irrelevant.

Relevant feedback will be from new players, after they have been through the starter system experience and have been playing for at least a month more after leaving the starter system

Relevant feedback from new players seems to be that “it’s boring as f*ck”. We’ll see if/when FC releases any Exordium-specific numbers to show whether it’s been a success or failure (from their perspective).

1 Like

I googled “one born every minute” and all I got was a TV show. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Seems the world has forgotten but not game companies.

2 Likes

Or “The Gong Show”. Kind of what watching expansions being released feels like…

1 Like

Its really the only best feedback there is. Many of the new players that are playing for the first time will not come here or other boards to give a feedback that soon in their eve career…if even at all,
That makes any and all feedback youre reading now very relevant.

Where did you read all this negativity at. I have seen no reviews from new players saying anything about the zone actually. The only negativity ive seen is all the other aspects of the game that have been here forever…toxic community, i was killed for no reason, multiboxers, somebody talked bad to me in chat, etc etc. Nothing about exordium. The only place ive read that negativity is here on these boards…by the same posters. Please show me where all this negativity that new players are reviewing is.

3 Likes

“Boring as f*ck doesn’t” necessarily mean negative. It just means there isn’t much to do. Maybe that’s the point - maybe not. And as I said, we probably need some metrics from FC to put Exordium in perspective.

Would I spend time in Exordium? No, but older characters aren’t the target market. Exordium isn’t for players like me - and I do understand that.

Sure, if you say so.

So did the reviews you saw actually say that?..or did you just make something up. Because as i said, the only reviews i see are by the same people. Ive scanned around other places to find any kind of exordium specific reviews and i see none ( thats actually surprising to me ) but if there are any around, id really like to see them. Im curious with what a new player is thinking right now.

2 Likes

Then they can leave exordium if they are that ******* bored. They arent trapped for 30 days.

4 Likes

They are, I live quite nearby the exit, and there’s been reports of <1week old toons, wandering lost in lowsec :grinning_cat:

A lot of the comments, yeah - they did.