Where.
Show me where they are. Im lazy you know. ![]()
Where.
Show me where they are. Im lazy you know. ![]()
Go to Exordium and chat it up with new players then… And no, I’m not going to do the work for you. If you’re that convinced that Exordium is the greatest thing since sliced bread - go find out for yourself…
did you tell them they can leave… exordium, not the game..
Me? Yes - I gave one new pilot 100m ISK to GTFO of Exordium.
Hmmm okay, thats what i thought.
Ive already had a quite a few conversations with players over there. None of them ever said anything about boredom. They are in fact very confused about a lot of other things though. Perhaps im having these convos at the wrong time…too early in their session for them to actually say “im really bored” or something of that affect.
YMMV. When Exordium launched a lot of stuff was broken. It’s better now, but I’d hardly call it a defining moment of the “new player experience”…
Ah, i see you edited your post after i replied.
Ive never said that exordium was the fix all be all remedy for this game. Its not by a long shot.
The point i make when asking all the questions all pertain about claims that cant be backed up with any solid info. Its just negative statements that are constantly made just because of the mere fact that folks are disturbed that their game has had a new addition that they dont agree with. The facts cant be shown so go find them yourself…if they exist.
The only last option is to come here and continue beating the hornets nest. Its like some folks just cant make up their mind about it. They like it, they dont like it, they like it…well lets check back next month.
Im not trying to give you hard time about it. It just miffs me to see claims that things are going on when in fact theres no solid proof of any of it. Its just a ploy to keep the negative vibes going.
I was editing before you replied. But as I said, I find Exordium tedious and boring. A lot of new players also find it tedious (a lot of the pop-up dialogs, for instance). You’ll see more feedback from new players on the boring aspect as time goes on…
Aura surfaced on 2 characters just to teach me how to buy and apply a SKIN, and it was an arduous 5min per character process that was needlessly complex. There needs to be a “skip the witty banter and get to the f*cking point” button.
That Aura thing’s been around for longer than Exordium.
She gives you a PLEX and then you have no choice but to spend it on the SKIN and apply it, there’s no option to say “I don’t care what colour my ship is!” and keep the PLEX either.
Very annoying.
That has nothing to do with exordium. Theyve been giving that 1 plex away since 2017.
The annoying pop-ups are the same ones now present in the NPE in Exordium.
How did I miss this lore? Why aren’t the factions fighting over this frontier expanding tech? That would likely give access to much more resources than anything else.
It does seems puzzling and contrived, but I suspect seepDZ of hoarding satisfying answers in hard to reach places for those with the will to seek them.
I would have realised eventually. For now it pleases me to accept humiliation.
It’s revolutionary new tech introduced and forgotten over the course of a single paragraph.
According to Elida Balashirian, the solution came in the form of AIR’s proprietary super-stable warp drive technology, “Though impractical for system exploration due to its unique capacitor restrictions, our drives allow colony ships to maintain warp between the stars. This innovation turned decades of travel into just a few short years.” AIR and CONCORD dispatched construction and research teams aboard vessels fitted with these drives to Exordium. Since arriving, they have been hard at work building the nascent infrastructure for this new region.
honestly, if a new player wakes up in exordium and puts themselves through all that—including all the boring and buggy stuff—they’ll be gone faster than anyone can reply to my post.
but fenris is really good at lying to himself.
I’m with Christine on this. People need to lay off the Haterade.
I made a new character to get some firsthand experience with Exordium so I could make up my own mind. It’s different but I really can’t say it’s boring; more like confusing if anything. I was also in Rookie Help for the 3 weeks my alt was there and I NEVER heard anyone say it was boring. People had tons of new player questions and there were a lot of people asking how to do a task or what they should do next but, boredom wasn’t brought up.
As I responded earlier to Arthur, there’s no one forcing newbies to stay in Exordium if they’re “bored AF”. There are multiple regular gates and the shipcasters are all available at any time.
Certain people need to recognize that Exordium isn’t designed for their needs as an experienced player. It’s a no-risk, very low reward starter training area designed for newbies to let them get acclimated to the game and its mechanics in a low pressure environment. It’s not right or fair to judge it by any other terms. They also need to understand that this is a first step to deal with a decades old issue. It’s not perfect by any means but I do give FC credit for finally recognizing an issue and taking action to deal with said problem.
I swear some people are so hidebound and averse to change that anything new either scares them or angers them.
I’m not averse to change; I just don’t think Exordium has been particularly well designed or thought out. YMMV.
If I had a PLEX for each of idiots spouting this nonsense rhetoric I’d be able to buy some of those snazzy SKINs in the NES
Has it not occurred to you that other folk might actually be sane and reasonable, and dislike the change because of its contents?
So basically you say that anything changed or new has to be good by default - because it is new. And if people dare to discuss it or tell their opinion and it tends to a disliking, it is a “Haterade”.
I can directly give counterexamples that new is not always better. I am sure you have encountered a certain degradation of your services with either Netflix, Microsoft, Amazon or similar services and also hardware like your car in the recent years. There is even a term for it:
I didn’t resort to ad hominems. Just stated an opinion that’s contrary to Lucy’s and Power’s and got attacked personally. Enjoy your forum echo chamber folks.
Please…
Dont try to straw man whats being stated here. Opinions and/or disliking something isnt the problem.
The issue i always have with many people here is the blatant foolery and obvious made up statements just to keep a negative vibe up for no reason. Okay they dislike something…state that without all the fence hopping back and forth, then move on. Dont go somewhere or do something you dislike…then jump on these boards and make up issues that cant be proven just for the spite of it.
I like discussing things…thats a productive action. But, dont just come here and spout off needless frustrations and expect to be taken seriously. Thats not discussion.
I completely agree. As a matter of fact, and most of the time…new always sucks. Exordium is no exception. It still needs a ton of work according to the more constructive reviews ive read about it. I seriously think it will take more time than anyone is anticipating for it to be even the slightest productive. But, all new things, no matter what it is…needs a chance to settle in and work like it was intended.