Vanguard and Frontier are new, both suck and we can only hope that they start funnelling development back into EVE Online while there’s still a chance to turn things around.
“Its really the only best feedback there is”
LOL
Do you really think that?
Exordium was set up for new players. The only opinions that count are those of people who start in there and then “graduate” from it.
Opinions of others in regards Exordium, including mine, are irrelevant given the system is not for us
Or the opinions of those players that quit…
Most assuredly. Them probably more than the people that stay
What choice do i have. What choice do the devs have.
Its the only feedback coming through. Whatever the new players are doing, either enjoying it or quitting, arent talking. What other feedback do you expect to use to improve things.
Irrelevant or not…its all you got. It just seems to me that some of you will never be happy no matter what youre given in any aspect of the game.
I mean do you really think that a new player that gets quickly frustrated with this game and quits because of reasons you angry folks keep listing on the boards are going to leave adequate feedback?
Do you really think that?
Alright. My main feedback for the tutorial in Exordium would be - apart from reverting the security status to what is now 0.9:
- divide the tutorial(s) in chapters with descriptive names what you actually learn
- visualize them in a clickable tree and allow individual selection and replay of parts
- prepare options: long and tedious tutorial with story or short and direct tutorial with only the technical details and no story
- at any point you should be able to redo any part of the tutorial
- have the tutorial parts linked to WWW resources for a read up on the topic
- add parts to the tutorial that you only can do in an actual player group aka “fleet” and develop a mechanism that connects those players easily
And a PvP section. No, the current ”use the stasis web to prevent the pirate from warping away” doesn’t count. Have the newbies actually enter and capture a simulated FW plex while other newbies fight them for it.
Added to that think of keeping the 1.0 security level in Exordium but modify it, so that veterans above 60 or 90 days can receive damage and can get ganked.
I see no reason that veterans need to be safe in Exordium. I only see reasons against it.
Define “veterans”. Are we saying any Alpha/Omega over 60-90 days qualifies as a veteran? The reason that Exordium is “safe” is that there’s no red safety in 1.0 systems (I’m not even sure if there’s yellow safety), so I don’t think your idea would work with the current mechanics in Exordium.
I’m also not sure “veterans” are spending much time in Exordium anyway for it to be an issue (I could be wrong).
The definition of a veteran and the right mechanics to address the issue is debatable. I just find it contradicting to have a space for newbies that is designed to specifically protect newbies and then invite all established players in as well and grant them the same protection for newbies.
There are veterans who have specifically announced to bring in their most valuable alliance tournament ships and fly them there in total safety for the rest of eternity.
I am sure with a bit of coding and flagging, one could make the newbies exempt from receiving area of effect damage and so on. Or from all damage that originates from a player and have the veterans subject to established EVE universe expectations, such that you can be destroyed at any time anywhere.
I don’t necessarily disagree. I know one reason they allowed veterans in was for recruiting, etc. purposes (Magic School Bus being a prime example).
I don’t think FC has a really good handle on what they want Exordium to be (yet).
There isnt. Everyone there is green safety enabled and it cannot be changed.
Bov’s are never going to be completely objective no matter how hard we try. From what I’ve read, there seems to be a lot of pop ups. Could one of those pop ups be used as a short poll/questionnaire? If possible, we would get much better feedback?
Yes I do really think that and one of the main reasons is that established players venting on these forums aren’t taken any notice of to by Fenris and that’s probably a good thing.
I repeat - Exordium is for new players - theirs is the only opinion that counts. Fenris need to ensure they give them the opportunity to have their say via surveys or other tools. Fenris need to ignore established long term players opinions being thrown about on these forums
Players venting here have never been paid any attention to for many issues for many years. Where have you been.
Agreed.
Everyones opinions count.
The forums are here, of which rarely gets reviewed by any FC dev. There is also the EVE Reddit forums that new players can give their opinions at…which they are not…or theyre not claiming to be. All the tools to give a proper opinion are there since that seems to be where the devs go to read..
Again, they already do that. Im very glad that they dont listen to many of them…so i would agree with you there.
“Players venting here have never been paid any attention to for many issues for many years. Where have you been”
So why make such a big deal about your opinions of Exordium then.
It’s for new players, not us.
Let it be developed according to new player’s feedback not by biased feedback from established players
I think they need a solid, 30-40 hour PvE campaign to provide new players with comprehensive fundamentals.
Am wondering how its going tho
Whenever CCP listened to “new players”, things got worse for them AND us.
I have no idea on the true statistics on that. Im sure that any and all changes didnt just arrive because of a few new players.
My whole point here im trying to make is you simply cant take an opinion from a single demographic group of people. You have to listen to everybody that participating in the content. To listen to just “new players” is just plain silly and unproductive.