Introducing Exordium!

You invoke thoughts and feelings about a nullsec-biased CSM… since there is also no equality of viewpoints enforced, my mind freely deducts what will happen from that experience.

I mean FC already reached out with a survey about Exordium to me. And i am not a new player by any means, rather i can consider myself a base inventory of EVE online.

1 Like

You dont have to tell me about it…im glad they are allowing everyone to give feedback.

Please tell that to the few that think only a new players feedback is relevant and nobody elses is.

1 Like

I consider myself as top shelf luxury gourmet of EvE Online.

2 Likes

Sure, but if they came to EVE because they saw that advertisement about safe space and they find out that the safe space is absolutely worthless AND they do not want to enter the unsafe space then obviously they will quit.

1 Like

How do you know what they want to do. How do you know how many stay or quit.

You dont know period. Youre just another exordium basher that likes to speculate and pulls make believe stats out of thin air.

2 Likes

Wut? Dude calm down finally. Exordium will stay no matter what. It also seems that you have problems to understand written text. Nowhere did I mention any numbers. Your reply to my post makes no sense.

You keep copy pasting this crap from day 1 when it was announced to anyone who dislikes the safe space. You won. It is there and it is not going away. You can chill man.

1 Like

Copy and paste huh…well as long as you keep posting the same drivel then i guess ill keep the copy paste thing going.

Anyway, you didnt answer the questions…

How do you know what new players are doing…

How do you know who quits and stays…

Oh yea, youre the server guy that knows how to read players minds and knows what their thinking and what theyre going to do…right?

You didnt have to…you have nothing to prove your speculations.

2 Likes

Well, I’m still in NPC Starter Corp and just the other day a New Player located in Exordium Region asked what should he do after completing the 5 Career Agents…

I and a couple of other older players suggested that he first do the Level 1 Mining Arc because it’s quick and then do the Level 1 SoE Epic Arc to give him time to train up skills and decide on which career path to do…

His question after that was if he leaves Exordium Region, can he go back to it after completing those arcs… Naturally we said yes and of course we stated that the rewards are much better in regular High Sec space… He said he’d think about getting set up in a new location while doing those arcs…

My point is that despite the low value of rewards in Exordium Region, the New Player was very reluctant to leave the ‘No PvP’ Safe Space and the only reason he decided to do those arcs is because of the freebie loot…

DMC
o7

3 Likes

@DeMichael_Crimson
Im not saying that some are afraid of the horrid reputation this game has and wont leave the zone. Im sure there a ton of them that wont…and quit of boredom.

What gets under my skin are the folks that throw all these insane claims around without a single thought. The funny thing is…is that the only people doing it are folks that are just miffed about the zone existing. Its all about a zone that has no effect on their game at all.

The continued false made up claims with no numbers to back it up just for the spite of being angry that their game got slightly changed is getting old. Its always from the same members of this forum doing it. Talk about copy and paste.

Have you noticed that many of them no longer post? Its just a few stragglers that keep doing it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I understand and basically agree with you…

Course I’m a bitter Vet so after hearing about other players experiences with buggy unbalanced game mechanics and how everything is set up there, I pretty much have no inclination to enter Exordium Region at all…

However I do hope Exordium Region does indeed raise New Player retention stats… I could be wrong but to be honest I don’t expect those stats to remain the same or even go up compared to how they were before that ‘Safe Space’ was implemented…

Anyway, despite my personal opinions about Exordium Region, I’m not going to constantly spout doom and gloom about it nor am I going to give praise and glory to CCP/FC for implementing it, players need to give it a few months to see if it’s actually working or not…

As for these forums, over the years I’ve seen a lot of long time members of this forum community get harassed and chased away by a very small but extremely active group of posters here… It’s unfortunate that CCP let these forums become a shadow of what they once were.. I’m starting to think these forums are now just a time sink for bored players…

Anyway, that’s enough rant for now, I’m sure one of the vocal minority group members will be along soon enough to nit-pic and misrepresent what I posted…

DMC
o7

6 Likes

Also bitter - also miss the old forums…

I agree that it’s going to take more time for Exordium. I think the biggest drawback is that there just isn’t enough to do, there’s basically zero player interaction and nothing to really incentivize moving out into any of the other regions.

The Fall update is going to be comprised of a major ship rebalance, so I hope they also improve and expand upon Exordium and military campaigns (both are falling short) and don’t just leave these to wither on the vine…

2 Likes

Honzas just likes to hear himself blather.

1 Like

My reaction could have been the same as that new player if I had started playing EVE now.

Not because of the safety of it, but simply because leaving a tutorial zone in other games generally is a one-way action.

I would want to make sure I had completed everything in the previous zone before taking a seemingly irreversible action like that.

In other words, PvP safety is not the only reason new players ask that question.

I guess what EVE can learn from such questions is that it could make it clearer to new players that they can come back there:

New players should be told exiting Exordium is not a one-way action.

2 Likes

Yes:
“Ready to leave Exordium for adventure and riches? Or remain here in Exordium and die of boredom…”

That doesn’t seem to be the message. And it would be worded the wrong way as this implies leaving Exordium is a one-way action.

Better would be:

“Ready to leave Exordium for adventure and riches? You can always come back here in Exordium to die of boredom…”

This tells new players they can freely explore the rest of the game and aren’t making a permanent step out of the safety of the tutorial zone. This makes it easier to take that step.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s this one:
“STFU and buy Aiko Danuja a sandwich…”

2 Likes

Do I need to repeat how disgusted I am at the mere thought of the existence of Exordium, Again?

1 Like

Probably not, but I never get tired of hearing it… :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve just been playing other games, since EVE died.

3 Likes

Yes, you may as many times as you wish.

At least its true…thats all that counts. :slight_smile: To bad others cant be as honest as you.

:rose:

Ive been in Division2 for the past several weeks myself.

1 Like