Introducing Exordium!

Rather than not being undockable they should be attackable be everyone including the police, maybe not CONCORD but a beefed up police response for them.

That way all the ones in Empire space get exploded, and exploding ships is fun.

1 Like

You might have a point there…but maybe if there was an Exordium only “reward path” So if players complete certain actions activities in Exordium. They gain an SOCT ship.

I think those ships should be available in wider EVE, but the sourcing…clamped down. IE its only generated in Exordium. Now I understand some people will start screaming about well people will just automate alts to get these ships. [Not ideal yes…but if you put it as an activity based, work this track to get an SOCT ship…most people wouldn’t do that.] It also gives the newbro a set of assets…if they can move them out of Exordium…that they can trade or sell for ISK.

This would be infinitely better…than handing out SOCT ships every year…to massive multibox alt farms on log in during Capsuleer Day. [This being the most pressing issue in the game at the moment.]

We need a ship line that gives alphas alot of experience with content in the game. The SOCT line is perfect for this. But it also needs to degrade in functionality to T2/T3 or other specialized hulls. The main problem at the moment of this typing. Is Fenris doesn’t seem to realize this major flaw.

The skilling system is what drives players to use the SOCT ships. Maybe more than any other option. SOCT should be the early access…experimentation phase/reward phase. So I think some review of how the other T1 and T2 ships perform…needs to be brought up. And how much time it takes to get into those baseline hulls…versus SOCT.

SOCT ships…in the frigate and destroyer line up loses rapidly…to an pirate/T1/T2 hull that has reasonable skilling. SOCT currently doesn’t have a cruiser hull…so a huge gap there. (So we have no way to analyze time to usage benefits for that hull class if at all.) Now the Gnosis and Praxis are extremely benefical because if you look at the baseline skills required for low level functionality in EVE Online of T1/Factional/T2 Battlecruiser and Battleship hulls. You see why people go with the Praxis. Gnosis is a bit more tricky…because without omega…it can run “okay” without alot of components…namely fleet boosts.

The problem is when we start looking at Omega players…who use SOCT for content…and refuse to tech up. If you also think on it…the amount of skillpoints that could be required for empire hulls and T2 hulls…is a tidely little profit for skillinjectors no? So it might not even be the hulls themselves that are the problem…but people gaming the systems…and using their characters to skillpoint farm for profit. And still wanting to interact with content, so the SOCT hulls become overused/over-represented due to this reality.

This would probably be the best way to look at the problem.

  1. Limit supply to one time per character [in its lifetime] redeeming BPCs for the SOCT ships after completing a reward track and activities in Exordium. [Fenris can decide if it will gift extra SOCT ship BPCs during events, as special RP/event rewards, or a biennial/ or other time frame give away.
  2. Review and Buff/Adjust the Empire/Factional hull training time/stats…to compete against SOCT hulls and even short a little the time of the T2 hull training…so the SOCT hulls become less “default option” from the get go.

It is only my opinion from recent experience, but Exordium feels wrong. People ask why I feel the region is unfinished. It feels like a big empty with career agents copy pasted into it. No regard any details such as those blank thumbnails. How long should it take to crop in a thumbnail, oh wait, they have to do 40 thumbnails, I am sure that would require at least 4 to 5 employees at several hours of hard labor.

Another issue is the lack of PVP. I am not saying they need to have the vets in there gate camping, but no consensual duels? This means new player Joe Common views one of the awesome adverts on YouTube with all ships doing battle. Jumps on and downloads the game, immediately introduced to the tutorial, NPC combat, and won’t do PVP at all, until they leave Exordium. That would be like joining the army, bootcamp with wooden rifles and foam knives. How many can relate to that analogy? I bet everyone in my squad would get a perfect score at the rifle range.

I don’t see how this new region will be holding much attention. I thought it was suppose to be different, showing rookies the game without gankers interfering. It fails to show them much of the game at all. This isn’t easing a baby into a hot bath, it is more like sprinkling cold water on them. It is a quick turn off.

3 Likes

I had planned on biomassing my youngest toon and restarting the game to see how Exordium is, but I have yet to hear good things about it, so I shall probably not bother.

1 Like

You do know you are allowed multiple accounts? I have 3 accounts in total all the same email address. This gives me 9 toons in total. Normally, I was running 2 omega accounts but they are all alpha at present.

However the current set up is nothing different than before. I wasn’t expecting it to be full of unicorns and rainbows. I was expecting the duel option to be present. I was hoping they changed some of the career tasks or made them better. I thought they might at least gave more detail in the tutorial.

I am not playing as much and I might not be back soon. Unfortunately wars and global conflicts keeps my work very busy. I run protection, sometimes they ask me to fly off to other nations, and protect people who cannot protect themselves. When world gets stupid, I go to work.

Awesome stuff, I do hope its expanded to all high sec space :slight_smile:

Yes, yes I do.

When you have time, go there.

I have alts there, and there is lots of market PvP which is fun - and the main reason I am there is to keep Rookies supplied with gear, as I have done for the past 3-4 years. But there is more gear, and prices are more stable (and falling) than they used to be in Career Agent systems like Embod and Conoban and so on.

The old CA systems still exist, the busiest being Uitra, though the ones within sight of the trade hubs (Trossere and Deepari) are still somewhat active.

I read this as meaning vets may tend to do the career agents elsewhere as well as Exo, but that Exo is a good solution for keeping rookie supplies up and much more consistent, prices falling and not unreasonable.

As for the big incentives to get people out of Exo being poor ores overall, no PvP at all, even duels disallowed, and bigger rewards for most gameplay styles being outside Exo, well, I have to say I think Exo is a good addition.

But you need to go there, and not talk out of your backside theoretically and hypothetically: experience Exo and make meaningful comments, I suggest.